• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

kmg90

S¡mon;124992944 said:
Haha, are they doing it again this year?

Yes

PAz2lWx.png

Lack of any new hints regarding Media Molecules game kinda makes me doubtful they will reveal it here. Their twitter accounts have been rather silent, no meaningful trademark name has been registered by Sony, and it seems Sony will focus more on the Order, Bloodborne and Until Dawn. On the other hand, before E3 MM said the game would be shown soon (if not now, when then, TGS is highly unlikely), they showed that weird teaser (why show such an insignificant thing if there is no intention to show the game this year). All in all I still hope we will see today their new IP.

FROM was silent, RAD was silent, Sumo Digital was silent, thechineseroom was silent, Tequila Works was silent.

There's no consistency in how Sony ( or their first-party studios ) have been in terms of hints or hype.

Lack of any new hints regarding Media Molecules game kinda makes me doubtful they will reveal it here. Their twitter accounts have been rather silent, no meaningful trademark name has been registered by Sony, and it seems Sony will focus more on the Order, Bloodborne and Until Dawn. On the other hand, before E3 MM said the game would be shown soon (if not now, when then, TGS is highly unlikely), they showed that weird teaser (why show such an insignificant thing if there is no intention to show the game this year). All in all I still hope we will see today their new IP.
I'd rather they remain silent and let us wonder than announce on twitter that they're not showing anything, like they did with E3.
Their silence (and that weird teaser trailer) is why I think they will announce their PS4 game today.

I hope Sony doesn't close with Uncharted again.
Both Sony and MS have gotten into this pattern of ending on Uncharted/Halo recently, I think it's always a bit of a damp squib to close the show. Sure, they look pretty, but they're still the Uncharted/Halo we've known for many years. End on a revolution, not an evolution! Closing with Media Molecule I.P would be a better idea IMO.

They're both hugely important IP's for both companies, which is why they tend to close the show. With that said, if Gran Turismo 7 is ready then that could definitely close the show for gamescom. We do know that a Japanese game will be announced by Sony at gamescom, but there really aren't any hints at what it could be. And it's still probably a bit too early for GT.

MayMay

Banned
*cries* now that Tomb Raider is (timed or not - big confusion) exclusive on Xbone they better show me some juicy UC4 gameplay to make me feel less bad.

One VR demo and Singstar.
Well, not necessarily with the VR.

Previous job postings for SCE London said that an upcoming game would involve vehicles and be based on Unreal Engine, and require the outsourcing of a large quantity of high-quality assets.

The Getaway

Any chance of QD showing up?
I realise it's probably too early after Beyond and that last demo they had..

Sure, at a minimum we know that Sony is showing off two games today (one from a Japanese studio and another from a western studio). QD has been working on their new game for some time now, so they could have something to show off, even if it's just a sneak peek.

Hands up!

Who´s expecting a GTA V release date?

I'd like for it to happen, but I don't really expect Rockstar or their games to be at any conferences. It's always a surprise when something from them pops up.

Top Bottom