• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony just updated some of their AAA 1st party games with AMD FSR3.1

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

large

We are excited to share with you that AMD FSR 3.1 is available starting today in five fantastic games, including Horizon Forbidden West™ Complete Edition and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Additionally, it will soon be supported in God of War Ragnarök. With this release, FSR 3 is now supported in an incredible 60 current and upcoming games. Read-on to learn more about the enhancements in FSR 3.1 and the latest game support.

AMD FSR 3.1 Improvements and New Features

AMD FSR 3.1 brings significant improvements and new capabilities to enhance your gaming experience:

• Upscaling image quality improvements:
    • Improved temporal stability, reducing flickering and shimmering.
    • Enhanced ghosting reduction and better detail preservation.
  • Enhanced frame generation:
    • Decoupled frame generation technology that works seamlessly with other upscaling solutions.
  • Upgradable FSR API:
    • Simplified upgrades for developers to future versions of FSR.
  • Developer Support:
    • Added support for Vulkan® and Xbox Game Development Kit (GDK).

YCoCg

They leave their own platform in the dark because this is only for the PC versions.
Sony also gave their own version they've worked on, but I'm wondering if it shares elements with this since it's rather odd that they're all Playstation ports that are showing off FSR3.1

JaksGhost

Let me rephrase it "it seems they hate their own platform"
Why because their studios didn’t jump to add something not necessary for the console versions? Having more upscaling tech added isn’t going to change the quality of the games as is and 90% of the consumer base isn’t going to know what this even is. With them being cross gen titles if you don’t have a 120hz VRR enabled TV you aren’t getting the most out of them on console anyway.

JaksGhost

It's funny how we had this discussion yesterday but now since somebody put Sony as the header it turned into a "Fuck PlayStation"/"PlayStation Hates Me" thread.

Last edited:

dotnotbot

I'm assuming this has nothing to do with the console games?

I'm sure we will get updates for these games once PS5 Pro hits and they add their own AI tech upscalling. Doesn't make sense to do double work and add FSR3.1 now then few months later their own upscalling.

Last edited:

A2una1

Have to say I fucking love console fanboys being upset at this. Why? This is why people play on PC? What the fuck do you expect? If you want your console to have PC like updates and upgrades...buy a fucking PC.
But console titles received several after launch upgrades in terms of technical patches. Many Sony exklusives received 40/120 (unlocked) patches. In PS4 Pro times, many games received upgrades so running in Back-compat mode on PS5 would render to smoother experiences. I don't think it is uncalled for asking such features on console, especially when the APU is from AMD and FSR 3.1 is not a Hardware specific feature. Recently there was a patch for Immortals of Aveum to support FSR 3.0. So your PC-Masterrace bullshit is totally uncalled for...

JaksGhost

But console titles received several after launch upgrades in terms of technical patches. Many Sony exklusives received 40/120 (unlocked) patches. In PS4 Pro times, many games received upgrades so running in Back-compat mode on PS5 would render to smoother experiences. I don't think it is uncalled for asking such features on console, especially when the APU is from AMD and FSR 3.1 is not a Hardware specific feature. Recently there was a patch for Immortals of Aveum to support FSR 3.0. So your PC-Masterrace bullshit is totally uncalled for...
But none of them received FSR patches throughout the years because it's not necessary for their console versions. Why are we having this discourse now with 3.1 when FSR has been available for years on their PC ports? Fear you're missing out on something?

Last edited:

dotnotbot

how can someone be so dumb to the point of not realizing that Sony is investing "new" technology on PC but not on their own console, there is no need for a Pro console if they start implementing FSR 3.1 on PS5.

Chris Pratt What GIF

Besides, PS5 Pro gonna have their own upscalling tech.

Even if it's not much different from FSR, higher native resolution and FPS as a base will always make a noticeable difference. Remember some of PS5 games go as low as 900p natively.

Last edited:

hinch7

Youtube compression aside. Looks to be a little improvement with stablility but not a massive upgrade in image quality. I'll take this upgrade though when it eventually trickles its way onto consoles with no access to PSSR. The decoupled frame gen is the stand out here.

The AMD marketing for this is terrible as per usual. 1080P FSR performance comparison with terrible compression lol.. come on now.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Eh....the next time I see a thread with console folks clamoring for FSR will be the first time I see such a thread. Suddenly it matters because a few PC games get FSR? Come on.

People seem to not understand that every dollar invested on a PC feauture is a dollar not invested on his own platform. And that's not what makes your platform grow.

Sony bought Nixxes to handle PC ports and updates. This is Nixxes doing their job. This is not taking anything away from PS.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

People seem to not understand that every dollar invested on a PC feauture is a dollar not invested on his own platform. And that's not what makes your platform grow.
but these technologies can and will be implemented on it's own platforms further down the line?

that's literally the whole point of FSR vs DLSS

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
People seem to not understand they don't use FSR on their console games. I honestly can't tell who is trolling anymore, some of the posts in here...
They have PSSR coming for the Pro.

Sony have clearly invested considerably to create their own upscaling tech, yet some people are getting upset that they have AMD helping them to improve PC releases.

They are literally looking after their console customers with more of an investment.

Fake

Gold Member
Why people keep saying PS5 will get PSSR?

Was confirmed? As far as I remember PS5pro will get PSSR, not the base PS5.
Base PS5 will be not get replaced by the PRO model, so Sony will need to rely on anothers reconstruct solutions.

IDWhite

People seem to not understand they don't use FSR on their console games. I honestly can't tell who is trolling anymore, some of the posts in here...
They have PSSR coming for the Pro.

I'm not saying they need to put FSR on their games for console. What I'm trying to say is that instead of investing on more PC features they could invest that money on his own console.

Because yes they are going to launch a Ps5 pro, but they are going to do so when all his Ps5 players only want games that take full advantage of the features of their consoles, and they are not doing it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom