• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

ZeroAKA

Do you know how long it's going to be? I'm really interested in the setting and story so far from the demo, but I'm not going to be partaking in any of the multiplayer.
The Famitsu review said about 25 hours for single player. It's nowhere as fun or rewarding as multiplayer though. From my experience, the AI partners are only useful as ways to trigger sacrifice damage and let you try again after you die.

FluxWaveZ

The Famitsu review said about 25 hours for single player. It's nowhere as fun or rewarding as multiplayer though. From my experience, the AI partners are only useful as ways to trigger sacrifice damage and let you try again after you die.

Thanks. I'm not really a co-op person, but if the 25-hour single player is accurate, I'm much more interested in getting this.

ZeroAKA

Isn't multi-play discouraged since only one person can sacrifice/save an enemy thus taking the benefit for themselves?
MP can get chaotic at times when multiple people are all rushing to sacrifice an enemy, but most people I've met online so far have been good with the unwritten "your kill = your sacrifice" rule.

Shoyz

Isn't multi-play discouraged since only one person can sacrifice/save an enemy thus taking the benefit for themselves?

You do have to share but not only do enemies respawn for sacrifices, but there are stage respawns for refilling your magic. Against Cerberus, it's tombs, of which I believe there's either 3 or 4, so everybody gets a chance to refill. I don't have the numbers on-hand but I believe he only gains 60-70% max HP per additional ally brought in, so if they pull their own weight, more is better.

I couldn't find it in the OT, what size will the final game be? Have to make some space on the 16Gb card.

I've heard about 1.8GB.

Probably something to do with the placement and where you stand behind it, seems kind of luck-based a lot of the time. If he charges, pull out your shield. You should be able to bonk him down right next to the golem. Then you can get all the golem hits, and freeze him at the same time.

Also blood magic to get yourself down to Sacrifice-level HP, which does a respectable amount of damage.

The same trick can be used on Jack-O-Lantern (Singleplayer version). Summon him, place a golem on the left side of the entrance nearby, and stand on it's left side. He'll sit there and take every hit. You can then hit him with blood magic through your golem. Less than a minute for the win.

I somehow managed it solo but only got Cerberus SE. :(

Can't wait. Freakin' loved the demo which was a surprise, since I've tried other games in this genre like Ragnarok Odyssey, Monster Hunter and Lord of Arcana and haven't enjoyed them in the slightest.

Add me to the list, yo! PSN - infernalmonkey1 (AUS/EU)

Arken2121

MP can get chaotic at times when multiple people are all rushing to sacrifice an enemy, but most people I've met online so far have been good with the unwritten "your kill = your sacrifice" rule.

If I group with you or anyone else with this rule, sounds good to me. Seems fair.

Redhood

add me!

barry_matharoo (NA)

Nice OT! and yay the title with my correction got picked!

I think it should be

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet, save the Vita

since everybody who will buy this game already has a vita and hence no need to save another one. The revised one is inviting others to buy the game with a new vita.

WORLDTree

Gonna try and make this a rare day one purchase, But it's getting bought either way after that demo, add me!

WORLDTree - FUJIN27 (NA)

Shoyz

I somehow managed it solo but only got Cerberus SE. :(

Maybe my stats could shed some light:
Jack SE: 3 Jack SE+: 1
Cerberus SE: 6 Cerberus SE+: 1
Harpy SE: 2 Harpy SE+: 0
Mad Witch SE: 12 Mad Witch SE+: 1
Jack LE: 30 Jack LE+: 0
Cerberus LE: 3 Cerberus LE+: 0
Harpy LE: 13 Harpy LE+: 0
Mad Witch LE: 24 Mad Witch LE+: 4

Maybe my stats could shed some light:
Jack SE: 3 Jack SE+: 1
Cerberus SE: 6 Cerberus SE+: 1
Harpy SE: 2 Harpy SE+: 0
Mad Witch SE: 12 Mad Witch SE+: 1
Jack LE: 30 Jack LE+: 0
Cerberus LE: 3 Cerberus LE+: 0
Harpy LE: 13 Harpy LE+: 0
Mad Witch LE: 24 Mad Witch LE+: 4

Is there a stats page?

Shoyz

xKZNW8K.jpg

Finally got the white outfit. Downside: My arm no longer has a nice contrast with the outfit..doh!

OmegaZero

3* Ice Shield, 1* lv2 Golem, Blood, 3* Tri Ice, 3* Atk Boost Fruit, 3* Lightning Spear (that one you get from Cerberus)

Attack Boost Fruit? That's interesting. Would you say that it provides a noticeable attack boost or should I pair it with magic-boosting seals?

Shoyz

That outfit looks nice, how do you get it?

The outfit is a default, hoodless, but the color is unlocked by saving 100 total bosses with it equipped.

Attack Boost Fruit? That's interesting. Would you say that it provides a noticeable attack boost or should I pair it with magic-boosting seals?

I haven't tested it! But I barely manage to kill him with what I have (probably due to being defense-oriented), so I need all the boost I can get. Definitely pair it with matching sigils though.

LtOrange

I am seriously considering purchasing a vita for this game. I keep telling myself to wait for e3 but you guys are making that wait almost impossible. Maybe some deals on the system will pop up before launch.

+ versions are just a rarer random type it seems.

IV, I'm 19/1.

Do you know what the unlock condition for that one sigil I didn't know?
I have an 11/5 character now and it still hasn't shown...

Still no Cerberus SE+ either. :\

The outfit is a default, hoodless, but the color is unlocked by saving 100 total bosses with it equipped.

I haven't tested it! But I barely manage to kill him with what I have (probably due to being defense-oriented), so I need all the boost I can get. Definitely pair it with matching sigils though.

You have to have the particular outfit on for the 100 bosses? Ugh.
Is there an unlock prompt when you get it, like when you get new sigils?

Grinchy

Banned
I am seriously considering purchasing a vita for this game. I keep telling myself to wait for e3 but you guys are making that wait almost impossible. Maybe some deals on the system will pop up before launch.

If you don't mind used systems, you can probably find it pretty cheap. I personally don't like buying used systems, though.

Shoyz

You have to have the particular outfit on for the 100 bosses? Ugh.
Is there an unlock prompt when you get it, like when you get new sigils?

Not a clue on Sigils, but I believe arms change every 5 levels. Not sure if it becomes IV at 15 or 16 though (15 above Sacrifice's 1, or 15 in general).
There is an unlock prompt, but only when you enter the character menu (appearence/sigils/spells/sacrifice).

The counter's apparently individual for every outfit, yes! To unlock the white/red version you'll need to save/sacrifice 100 bosses in that exact outfit you want to unlock it for.
Jack-O can be killed in 1 minute, using the golem + bleed trick.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Not a clue on Sigils, but I believe arms change every 5 levels. Not sure if it becomes IV at 15 or 16 though (15 above Sacrifice's 1, or 15 in general).
There is an unlock prompt, but only when you enter the character menu (appearence/sigils/spells/sacrifice).

The counter's apparently individual for every outfit, yes! To unlock the white/red version you'll need to save/sacrifice 100 bosses in that exact outfit you want to unlock it for.
Jack-O can be killed in 1 minute, using the golem + bleed trick.
Arm leveling:
I is 1 level difference
II is 5 level difference
III is 10 level difference
IV is 15 level difference
V is 90 level difference (first Chaos/Holy form)
VI is 98 level difference (ultimate Chaos/Holy form)

Forms do nothing by themselves, just a cool effect.

His arm craves more sacrifices :p

Something like that -- I love the spellcrafting and since all my progress carries over, I have no problems continuing to sink time into it.

Current goal: Flip my leveling to 19:1 to see if I can get the last sigil to allow me to try to "craft" it while continuing to farm the Cerberus SE+.

I haven't figured out where I want my leveling to be before I start the full game. I'm thinking maybe I'll have to switch back to 1:19 again... though there is a need to get Life to 50 to unlock a particular black rite, I believe... might want to get that out of the way first, since I prefer to use the low health, high damage loadout and play more like an action game.

boinx

Can't wait to get my hands on the full version! Hopefully we can get some games going with my fellow eurobros.

EU PSN boinxd (Finland)

Lucent

Finally got the white outfit. Downside: My arm no longer has a nice contrast with the outfit..doh!

I didn't mess with the female character much so I didn't really look at the clothes. Are those new clothes or just a pure white color that can be used on any of them?

I'm wear'n the first costume without the hood in blue and it contrasts nicely with my red arm. Though I'm contemplating going to the Life side. It's interesting seeing different people who come in who have different combinations. I like laying down a heal circle when I can, but I also like running in with a melee weapon every now and then. It sucks cuz I like helping people AND running in and doing damage. lol

Top Bottom