• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Anybody know the weakness for the
cyclops

I don't believe he has an elemental weakness, but you can attack him without problems when
he is hammering on his spear
. Personally, I just bomb the crap out of him with explosives - like I do most bosses (except the fast ones that I instead throw thorns at). He is so sloooooow most of the time that he's just begging for an explosive right in his face (and usually gets one there to count as a "destroyed cursed part" too!).

Anyone else finding golems only meh and going with bombs/explosives instead? Perhaps I've missed a lot of pages in this thread where someone else has maybe talked about this general strategy (as I've been playing a hellacious amount of this game instead of staying on top of this fast moving thread) but on boss runs I generally tend to now go with builds consisting of 3 slots for explosives, one slot for bombs, one slot for heal item, and one slot for homing or thorns (usually of the elemental type next in line to break the boss out of whatever "hell" I'm going to place the boss into with my initial bombs and explosives). I use elemental ones if fighting a boss with a particular weakness. Seems to work awesomely for many bosses - especially the ones that transform. Just hit "start" button and start placing bombs around them while they transform (two or so), run back a ways, then hit em with an explosive. Against bosses that charge at you and where shields greatly help, then I'll swap out one slot of explosives with a shield (against Cerberus, Jacks, etc.).

I bomb the shit out of the bosses in this game. Long range artillery all the way... :)

Actually, unless its because I'm mostly dark magic (and I hope it changes a LOT with more of a divine build) I find the only way I can handle most of these bosses is to keep my distance as much as possible. I can dodge their swings and melee attacks pretty easily, but those area attacks can one shot kill me sometimes. Even at full health and with the proper elemental-matching armor on. And that is even when I'm not using my typical +70% attack / -35% defense sigil (I think that is the ratios).

Are people with more divine builds finding that they can survive a LOT more damage against some of these harder hitting bosses - especially in the higher level Avalon quests? I'm assuming if you're going with a tank build that you're probably going with defense sigils as well with perhaps a weapon enhancement sigil to basically be a melee fighter? Just wondering if the troubles I'm having are simply due to my current 23/46 build and that I usually have very low defense/high offense.

I hope that's the case and that the bosses don't hit everybody as hard as that would remove a lot of replay and variety in the game.

Anyway. Fun game! So far the biggest pain in the ass boss I've met is in the
Chapter Four boss with the extra character story lines where you fight a werewolf all by yourself and with no AI partner. I finally got through it after a few tries but damn if that wasn't just mean! EDIT: I forgot the name of the character but its the third extra sorceror story character - the guy who is chasing the werewolf.

Oh - I should add that I've gotten through all four character story lines and beaten those and gotten to the very last fight in the Magusar story line and I'm going through the Avalon VI or VII quests now.
Just beat the Centaur if that helps to explain where I'm at. Damn was that an easy fight too - especially with the corridor nature of the map you first face him. All I had to do was let him chase my AI partners down that long corridor and set a bunch of bombs to block him when he comes back. :)

Shoyz

Farming Hydra is really monotonous, I'll get the plat..tomorrow! 77/23 atm.
Just need to hit 99/1 and repair 50 offerings.

FaceDa

Banned
Is it a terrible strategy to keep it 50/50 moving forward? I'm at 15/15 and I feel like a total weakling next to these gunners online.

So far I've found the Neutral Arm bonus sigils not that great. Like if you were either Dark Arm 1 or Divine Arm 1 you already get a big boost to attack or defense, the Neutral one gives what a bit more HP?

Grinchy

Banned
It sucks that we couldn't get the room working earlier, but I made a public one that filled up right away and we had a full room playing for a while. It was a blast. Everyone was nearly the same level so it was at least a slight challenge while we destroyed everything.

Ken

Hidden trophy
open every page
is the worst.

I flipped through everything and it didn't pop up. Anyone know the details on getting this trophy?

MooMoo

It sucks that we couldn't get the room working earlier, but I made a public one that filled up right away and we had a full room playing for a while. It was a blast. Everyone was nearly the same level so it was at least a slight challenge while we destroyed everything.
Glad that you managed to get a good group =)

Also someone is trying to join and they aren't quite making it in :S

Shoyz

So far I've found the Neutral Arm bonus sigils not that great. Like if you were either Dark Arm 1 or Divine Arm 1 you already get a big boost to attack or defense, the Neutral one gives what a bit more HP?

Apparently the first DLC gives a 50% ATK 40% DEF neutral sigil. They're all pretty balanced, albeit too defensive for Holy side.

CrovaxPSO

Man, the first pact in VIII has a ton of HP. After opening with golem and a hell+break and destroying a part, still in green HP. I think I went through the previous sets of pacts too quickly and need to level up my arm and unlock some higher tier sigils.

OmegaZero

So what, 10+ minutes per boss fight? Are you using any attack boosting sigils? I'm still leaning toward going chaos because I want to be able to finish missions quickly, but the idea of divine appeals to me more. :/

Edit: Would you mind posting a screenshot of your stats?

Yeah, on average about 10 or so minutes.
I have two sigil builds: one focusing on support and one focusing on soloing bosses with a Blood offering.

The solo build uses a Attunement Sigil IV for a small attack and defense boost, but I'll be swapping it it for a better sigil once I unlock it. Here are the stats for both builds:

Solo build:
Defense - 375
Recovery - 5000
Attack - 125
Health - 1100

Support build:
Defense - 525
Recovery - 300
Attack - 100
Health - 1100

Adahn

When you load your save game you can hit the 'i' on the right hand side of your save game. Scroll to the bottom and it tells you there (for that save at least).

KiraFA37

Finally! All quests completed. Now to finish up the trophies.

Wha whaaaat? I haven't even gotten the game yet and u guys already finished it? Delivery to the shop I ordered from got delayed till yesterday, should get it tomorrow. I hope there are still some people left around my level to play with when I import my demo save.

Cha

I know that having a divine arm gives you better defense. But I've noticed that big hits that should kill me, leave me with like 1HP a lot of the time (Might not literally be 1HP, but I can't see any green in my health bar). Is this just luck, or is there some type of "auto Endure*" that comes with having a divine arm?

*"Endure" was a move in pokemon, that braces your creature for a heavy incoming attack. Using endure before an attack (that could faint your pkmn) could leave it with 1HP(50% chance).

Anyone know if there's a sigil for something like that anyway?

Also - The first 2 stories in "Fellow Sorcerers"
were kinda heartwarming.

Ken

Wha whaaaat? I haven't even gotten the game yet and u guys already finished it? Delivery to the shop I ordered from got delayed till yesterday, should get it tomorrow. I hope there are still some people left around my level to play with when I import my demo save.

Don't worry about it. I just wanted to have everything completed so I could focus on my character.

FaceDa

Banned
I know that having a divine arm gives you better defense. But I've noticed that big hits that should kill me, leave me with like 1HP a lot of the time (Might not literally be 1HP, but I can't see any green in my health bar). Is this just luck, or is there some type of "auto Endure*" that comes with having a divine arm?

*"Endure" was a move in pokemon, that braces your creature for a heavy incoming attack. Using endure before an attack (that could faint your pkmn) could leave it with 1HP(50% chance).

Anyone know if there's a sigil for something like that anyway?

Also - The first 2 stories in "Fellow Sorcerers"
were kinda heartwarming.

The arm you get from the first Fellow Sorceror quest can do that. Let Carnifax die once and revive him, then in a seperate quest let him die and sacrifice him. You get the SE and LE of his soul, which turns your arm gold like his if you equip it and gives you a chance to endure fatal blows.

So far I've also figured out you can turn your arm into a flesh eating slime and Sortiara's arm.

Ken

The Wyvern in Avalon X is soooooo beefy even for solo wow.

What kind of strategies are people using to solo him?

FaceDa

Banned
Apparently the first DLC gives a 50% ATK 40% DEF neutral sigil. They're all pretty balanced, albeit too defensive for Holy side.

Hmm I wonder if it's worth going Neutral... being in the DLC right away tells me they thought it wasn't enough of a viable choice though.

Wanny

Is it me or Throw offerings are incredibly powerful? I don't think there's anything better to destroy weak parts on bosses.

Also ggs Baron :p Totally crushed all them bosses

Yeah, played a few rounds with you guys earlier. I got the best score I ever had on that Griffon mission thanks to you two. Good games.

GGs! I can't believe how hard we were roflstomping those bosses. It was so unfair for them. I mean, it maaaaay have had something to do with your Divine power Zero, but who can say :D GG to a Sean, too, which I believe is Spannicus, if my logic chip is functioning correctly.

Great times! Till the next sacrificing..

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can you get every spell in a higher version later or are there spells that you need to grind from the lowest to the highest spell version?

SharkJAW

Can you get every spell in a higher version later or are there spells that you need to grind from the lowest to the highest spell version?
You can get large spells from higher level quests, perhaps with the exception of blood golems. Otherwise, it'd take an eternity to actually acquire them.

Does anyone have a good grinding quest for experience? Right now I'm clocking Avalon IX Cerb at <2 minutes, but that nets only around 150 a run.

wilflare

defeated Cerberus for good YESSS!
Magusar was not that bad afterall! kept him distracted while I maintained my distance and threw my Eggs at him! and the Giant Ball roll!

completed a few more thereafter.. hehe

Shoyz

Sucks that the arm transformation sigils don't take up a unique slot. I'm not and don't know who is willing to sacrifice the most important slot for a cosmetic change.

Aren't those healing seeds a spell you have to grind?

ZeroAKA

defeated Cerberus for good YESSS!
Magusar was not that bad afterall! kept him distracted while I maintained my distance and threw my Eggs at him! and the Giant Ball roll!

completed a few more thereafter.. hehe
Nice, congrats! What's your build right now?

Aren't those healing seeds a spell you have to grind?
One of the story missions drops Healing Seed (L), if that's what you're referring to.

wilflare

Nice, congrats! What's your build right now?

One of the story missions drops Healing Seed (L), if that's what you're referring to.

30/20 on to the last set of chapters now..
lol I'm having problems with the first archfiend.. Harpy T_T
it kills me the moment it gets me into the vaccuum

ZeroAKA

Got my Life to 40 and Magic to 10. I'm thinking of focusing on Divine again, but grinding Life levels will be really annoying. :/

Shoyz

Got my Life to 40 and Magic to 10. I'm thinking of focusing on Divine again, but grinding Life levels will be really annoying. :/

The worst part is that all the good sigils are SE so you can't multitask SE and level grinding if you're Life.

So I've noticed. I'll probably try to get to 99 as soon as possible and focus on Sigils after that. :/

For the people who want to farm essences/offerings, there's a comprehensive (but incomplete) list of item drops on the Soul Sacrifice Wikia: http://soulsacrifice.wikia.com/wiki/Quest_rewards_list

Ooooh. Add this to the OP. :)

What's the benefit when things are "divine" or "berserk"?

divine - bonus life exp, subtracts magic if you save
berserk - bonus magic exp, subtracts life if you sacrifice

wilflare

I think I need to get to 40/40 before I can even think of completing the Story now.
my spells are too darn weak :/

my best Sigil is like +60% ATT, -35% DEF

Top Bottom