• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Mileena

Banned
Coming from someone who put in 300 hours in MH3U (and still going), Soul Sacrifice's combat may not have the depth of MH in terms of combat, but it is far from shallow. There were a lot of moments in the game where I had a tough time, and I haven't even reached the higher level quests yet (think of it as the "G Rank" quests). You can't button mash in this game, you actually need a specific loadout of spells and equipped sigils (augments your powers and such) to exploit enemy weaknesses.

I've been playing MH since the PS2 iteration and I've always given other "MH like" experiences a chance, some have been good and most have been bad. SS is really good.

Thanks for the input, maybe I'll give it a shot depending on how cheap I could get the system. I'm somehow more inclined to trust you because I think we hunted some stuff the other day on Ultimate :)

Holmes

Are there any particular weapons/attacks I should be farming for? I have a ton right now, but a bit overwhelming
I'm only at Destinies Past at the moment with the Innocence and Desire Avalon pacts done, but at the moment I've 3 star'd every Tri homing spell for burning/freezing/etc bosses, 3 star'd every type of shield, and next I'm going to work on the explosive eggs and the clod's. It might be smart to 3 star a Healing Bloom if you constantly take beatings? Just run away from the action and stay in the healing circle. Learning a boss' patterns as soon as possible is helpful, and don't always bring the same elements in a fight. If an archfiend is weak against fire, don't just bring all fire offerings. Oh, and Golems are great too. They're great to summon when the archfiend is transforming, but otherwise don't summon them whenever. Stun the archfiend or knock it back with your shield, then summon. The mobile Golems are good but do less damage than the immobile ones.

Marv_79

Neo Member
Is there a gaf SS add me thread?

Wouldn't mind some gaf friends to help me out, none of my RL friends seems to own this game.

Carver_79

Many thanks x

ZeroAKA

Is there a gaf SS add me thread?
Absolutely not. It's not like the OP has a huge list of 130+ Soul Sacrifice players or anything. ;)

Edit: Updated up to this post, but I have a feeling I'm still missing a lot of people. If I haven't added you yet, either PM me or post in this thread again in this format: GAF USERNAME – PSN ID (REGION)

Bold it too so that I notice your post.

spannicus

I wanna play with you guys but im on my Japanese account playing the game. Shit looks like i might have to buy it from the US PSN.

Man this board moves fast! 1 day = 7 new pages! I saw this many pages back, and didn't see an answer. Likely the answer has already been found, but for other newcomers -

One quick question, has anyone had success with the toggle lock on? The game seems to not lock on at all when I have toggle set.

PSN - sunvsthemoon (NA)

I use the toggle lock on exclusively. I tried the holding method, but I just didn't like need to constantly have one of my digits exerting force when it is not necessary. For the toggle though, you still have to hold the L button down for about half a second, then usually the nastiest thing on your screen is targeted. A flick of the right stick will change the target, and a single tap of the L button after the lock on clears it from whatever you were on.

Quick unrelated note NOT about SS though....I love your avatar Nowai! No longer are we VitaBro's, now we're are fellow B.R.O.D.O.K.s! SCIENCE!!!!!

melman101

Maybe this is a stupid question, but has anyone tried to play Soul Sacrifice over the 3G connection on the Vita? Is it possible?

I love this game. Been addicted.

Marv_79

Neo Member
Absolutely not. It's not like the OP has a huge list of 130+ Soul Sacrifice players or anything. ;)

Edit: Updated up to this post, but I have a feeling I'm still missing a lot of people. If I haven't added you yet, either PM me or post in this thread again in this format: GAF USERNAME – PSN ID (REGION)

Bold it too so that I notice your post.
Lol thank you.

Still learning ;-)

PSN ID Carver_79 EU

Grinchy

Banned
It's kinda annoying when people lvl 70+ join a room called "4-Star Only" and then complain about how easy it is.

edit- just happened a 3rd time in a row. The room is named that way and i even typed in that I was doing the 4-star missions. A guy complained it was easy and left. No shit it was too easy, you're level 80.

I again don't know how to access a quest:

cdsk4i1blnbp3rvbr.jpg

Ken

I think you can hit the spear when it protrudes. I personally just use my black rite when they burrow if I'm worried about dying, they're always up by the time it ends.

Save the Elf in Avalon II

I see,

Do you want to do the 5 minute quests in the last hour? I don't have enough damage to do it alone.

Shoyz

How are you figuring out the requirements for unlocking Avalon Pacts (ones that aren't connected by arrows)? Is there any way to tell from the game? Trial and error seems like it'd take a long time...

I was told by a GameFAQ user, but I assume it's trial and error..I suppose you might not have to manually check each time but wait to see a 'New Mission Unlocked' pop-up.

I see,

Do you want to do the 5 minute quests in the last hour? I don't have enough damage to do it alone.

Can try though I haven't done beyond the first Forgotten since it's not trophy required.

Jac_Solar

^^
region based

Ok, thanks. Since I live in Norway, and the closest option you get when visiting the PS store is Europe, I assume that is for Europe then?

Just recently got a Vita system. It's really an awesome piece of tech. Anyhow, due to the mixup with the Soul Sacrifice additional content code, I got an additional digital Soul Sacrifice code and a Little Big Planet code (As an apology for the mixup. Incredible service.) But I already have both games. Is there a trade in program of sorts? :p Does anyone really want either of these games and live in Europe?

Ken

I was told by a GameFAQ user, but I assume it's trial and error..I suppose you might not have to manually check each time but wait to see a 'New Mission Unlocked' pop-up.

Can try though I haven't done beyond the first Forgotten since it's not trophy required.

I'll make a room in 20 minutes maybe. Will post here when I do.

Shoyz

I wish in a patch they'd give you a pre-stage warning that your black rite is broken. So frustrating every time I forget.

MooMoo

What's a good way to petrify? I can always get the other four ailments down but not stone since I don't have any good stone spells outside of homing arrows/the fist.

Rasec

Ok, thanks. Since I live in Norway, and the closest option you get when visiting the PS store is Europe, I assume that is for Europe then?

Just recently got a Vita system. It's really an awesome piece of tech. Anyhow, due to the mixup with the Soul Sacrifice additional content code, I got an additional digital Soul Sacrifice code and a Little Big Planet code (As an apology for the mixup. Incredible service.) But I already have both games. Is there a trade in program of sorts? :p Does anyone really want either of these games and live in Europe?

Try telling this on the vita topic. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Shoyz

Might be easier with more high-levels. I think I read somewhere that bosses gain something around 70% HP per ally. If that's true, if everybody pulls their weight it's easier with more.

SharkJAW

Is the fastest way to level up from that Hydra quest in story mode? Takes less than 2 minutes for +75.
Late reply here, and someone may have beaten me to it, but Avalon 9 Cerberus gives 120 and can be dropped in less than 3 minutes with the proper setup and resolute Sigil.

Shoyz

Anybody know how to get Black Widow SEs? I think it's a teammate SE, but I'm not sure what decides what a 'Black Widow' is.
Edit: Got one from AI partner Ormani.

There's a bunch of extra neutral 'Surge' sigils on the bottom of the Upper Arm list. You can stack surges so you could get upwards of 110% (Magic) or 90% (Life) boost to a specific element, and then something like a 110% (Magic)/75% (Holy) specific weapon boost with your Lower Arm.
That's a ridiculous 220%/165% attack boost using just upper/lower sigils, nevermind the palm.

Zemm

Just smashed Cerburus in the story, twice! Nice change from the demo where it was the other way around. So far I've kinda breezed through the story mode, only had to repeat a boss because of deaths 2-3 times. The challenge is obviously in the multiplayer which is fine by me.

wilflare

Just smashed Cerburus in the story, twice! Nice change from the demo where it was the other way around. So far I've kinda breezed through the story mode, only had to repeat a boss because of deaths 2-3 times. The challenge is obviously in the multiplayer which is fine by me.

I feel that I am really not made for this game :O
I'm like 29/18 and still at Cerberus lol

Top Bottom