• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

wilflare

Second last chapter? You are waaaaay ahead of me then I guess. I still havent done anything above 3* Still finishing the 3* side missions.

Oh yeah, how again did reviewers manage to play this game for 15 hours until they were "done" with it to write a review? Including the demo time I am at 50 hours and havent done anything above 3* yet.

ohoh nono.
I'm at the Last chapter of missions now (and get horribly owned at the first one)
I started having difficulty at the second last chapter of missions :/

I haven't been able to go in and just slice and dice enemies
These battles I feel like a fugitive taking a potshot whenever I can :/

:/ I'm envious of all of you blazing through the game. I tried to get into some games today and everyone was at least level 50 on life/soul. I fell so out of place now xD

Anyone wanna do the Gargoyle and Jack-O-Lantern on Judgement? It shouldn't be too hard with two people, but I tried it with some randoms, and no one else was using a shield but me. We all died.

DigitalOp

Banned
:/ I'm envious of all of you blazing through the game. I tried to get into some games today and everyone was at least level 50 on life/soul. I fell so out of place now xD

You should join my game, My level is pretty low. Anyone trying to catch up should hop in!!

Question guys, Whats the difference between (S) (M) and (L)??

I also found that an awesome Spell Combo is Any Grave Clod followed with any Pinion Spell. It should hit for some good damage and looks pretty damn rad.

Any advanced players know some cool spell combos??

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You should join my game, My level is pretty low. Anyone trying to catch up should hop in!!

Question guys, Whats the difference between (S) (M) and (L)??

I also found that an awesome Spell Combo is Any Grave Clod followed with any Pinion Spell. It should hit for some good damage and looks pretty damn rad.

Any advanced players know some cool spell combos??

16 S spells can be merged into 1 M spell and 16 M spells can be merged into one L spell. S is weaker than M, M is weaker than L.
What I end up doing in every boss fight is using ice weapons with the 20% better chance to freeze seal, freeze the boss and then hit it with a 190 damage electricity clod for a skilled strike.

Grinchy

Banned
God the online is so fun in this game. When a group of 4 come together and actually use the same elements, and know when to use which golems or place blankets and all of that jazz, there's so much ass kicking going on.

Im currently at lvl 46, 20/27 build. I got pretty excited when I got my third black rite:)

I have been playing online mostly. I try the story from time to time but Magusar AI is incredible idiotic an it pisses me off a lot. I just finished the third chapter and goddam those Slime monsters where extremely hard, but just because Magusar would get me killed everytime I was trying to revive him.

I'm going to keep grinding online for awhile, but I was wondering at what level combination will the story get "easy"? (Really looking forward to finish the story as quick and stress free as possible.)

After 200 hours I'm kinda bored of MH3U so I just bought this bitch. I hated the cringe-worthy anime story in the demo, but eh. I'm a sucker for a good action RPG grind. I guess I'll just have to put up with the anime bullshit.

Any tips for a beginner? There's no charm table or anything right? ;-)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Im currently at lvl 46, 20/27 build. I got pretty excited when I got my third black rite:)

I have been playing online mostly. I try the story from time to time but Magusar AI is incredible idiotic an it pisses me off a lot. I just finished the third chapter and goddam those Slime monsters where extremely hard, but just because Magusar would get me killed everytime I was trying to revive him.

I'm going to keep grinding online for awhile, but I was wondering at what level combination will the story get "easy"? (Really looking forward to finish the story a quick and stress free as possible.)

I was a bit lower than you, but I actually found the third chapter super easy. Magusar never died on me either. So weird how differently this game seems to play for others. Maybe my offerings are just better though.

After 200 hours I'm kinda bored of MH3U so I just bought this bitch. I hated the cringe-worthy anime story in the demo, but eh. I'm a sucker for a good action RPG grind. I guess I'll just have to deal with the anime bullshit.

The intro of the demo/game was a bit cheesy, but the rest of the story and lore is actually quite amazing.

There is only certain spells I think that's worth farming that'll be boss break off. I farmed the Archer's Arrowhead from Centaur. It's a break off that goes all the way to L. Doing 24 damage each and hitting 11 times doing 264 damage. Wait until bosses start dropping M types though.

After 200 hours I'm kinda bored of MH3U so I just bought this bitch. I hated the cringe-worthy anime story in the demo, but eh. I'm a sucker for a good action RPG grind. I guess I'll just have to put up with the anime bullshit.

No charm table shenanigans hahaha

Some useful tips here

I was a bit lower than you, but I actually found the third chapter super easy. Magusar never died on me either. So weird how differently this game seems to play for others. Maybe my offerings are just better though.

All of my offerings at the moment are at (M) in my gear. But getting (M) to two or three stars is giving me a lot of problems. The griffin attack that I got online is making things easier to finish the monsters with its 220 attack and 10 casts. What was your level combination when you beat the game?

Don't bother farming for it early on. It'll be a waste of time since later mission gives L spells.

Hahaha O wow, I guess I'll just keep advancing in the story mode then.

wilflare

Don't bother farming for it early on. It'll be a waste of time since later mission gives L spells.

hmm but whenever I hit a brickwall with the main quest line.. I kinda just fight other missions to get some.. spells (not as if those spells help)... just makes me feel better as a Second-Rate Sorcerer :/

I hope with all my heart I never get a Third-Rate Sorcerer rank :/

Sorry Agent, EasyStride and ???. I got disconnected from PSN randomly. I was way underpowered compared to you guys anyway, if only I could've lasted enough to reap on those delicious souls :p

wilflare

I only skimmed the article, but does he ever give the game a concrete score or is Metacritic just making the 40% up?

I don't see the score either.. I wanted to see if it used a /5 rating but nope.. nothing :/

hmm I find their 76% calculation weird.. when there's so much more positive reviews..

ZeroAKA

Ok, I read the review. He makes some points that I agree with (lack of enemy variety and incompetent AI partners), but I get the feeling that he never understood the game. Does he really expect the Black Rite to be an overpowered spell that is easy to trigger and instantly kills all enemies? >.>

Shoyz

I didn't have the wordcount to go into this in depth, but my complaint about the game's weapons stems from a lack of concrete risk v. reward system in Soul Sacrifice. With enemies moving so swiftly and not having much structure to their attack patterns, the game seems to rely on monsters being distracted with other players (AI or otherwise) to allow some of the slower weapons to get their hits in. It's poor, sloppy design.

For Cerberus you can charge up an attack before he lands when he jumps in the air, you can block his dashes with a shield for a temporary stun, you can make use of openings when he charges up lightning or roars, you can inflict a status-ailment stun, or you can straight-up use a distraction spell. All of these are openings in which you can charge up an attack without the enemy being distracted by an ally/AI. And when you do land it, you can often chain this into -another- stun, due to how powerful the charge attacks are.

There are plenty of complaints one can make regarding Soul Sacrifice, but this is just a completely ignorant reviewer with no understanding of the game's mechanics.

wilflare

Ok, I read the review. He makes some points that I agree with (lack of enemy variety and incompetent AI partners), but I get the feeling that he never understood the game. Does he really expect the Black Rite to be an overpowered spell that is easy to trigger and instantly kills all enemies? >.>

the lack of enemy variety bothers me slightly.. (hope there were more types of grunts.. a dugtrio type enemy would have been better than reskinning + new attack for the Goblin)

matmanx1

I wonder what's a good strategy for this (solo).

Load up on long ranged equipment (iron pinwheels, fire arrows, ice thorns, etc) equip throwing attack bonus sigil, the best annihilator sigil that you have and proceed to kill her from a distance. Fire and move and sprint and repeat until dead.

Worked pretty well for me tonight on an earlier run.

OmegaZero

Leviathan is the most boring boss ever.
Especially when you're a Divine Arm VI since it takes like 20 minutes.
You can only damage it when it's not roaring and staring at you. Which is half the time.

EDIT:
Starting up a room, anyone want to help -- Avalon 9 is on the menu.

Room: GAF Avalon9

I'd love to but I just finished a three-hour session and am taking a break. :/

EDIT2: Well, not exactly "just". I've been off Soul Sacrifice for about 30 minutes now.

Shoyz

Leviathan is the most boring boss ever.
Especially when you're a Divine Arm VI since it takes like 20 minutes.
You can only damage it when it's not roaring and staring at you. Which is half the time

Stand in the corner. Spawn lightning golem. When he slams down, roll back to your feet, then hit him with four lightning spears. Rinse repeat, done in like 4 minutes.

Haha thanks for carrying my ass in that Phoenix + Griffin match, guys. I need some much stronger spells before I attempt anymore pacts in the X pacts.

OmegaZero

Stand in the corner. Spawn lightning golem. When he slams down, roll back to your feet, then hit him with four lightning spears. Rinse repeat, done in like 4 minutes.

Well, that's assuming I have the offerings required. :b
What level are we talking about? (L)?

Top Bottom