• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOULCALIBUR Lost Swords |OT| Namco mission statement

Sectus

Fans of Raphael, Amy, Cassandra, Kilik and Cervantes might look forward to updates to SC: Lost Swords.

It is disappointing it is singleplayer-only, but eh, from what I played of the Japanese version it was fun enough. I'm just hoping there will be less "hourglasses" in this version. I spent more time loading than playing on the Japanese version.

Brett Awesome

Neo Member
So... Has anyone gotten to play yet? Or are the servers still Namco'd?

This is going to sound crazy, but believe it or not some people enjoy single player modes in fighting games.

Do some people also enjoy having a limit on how many times they can play the single-player mode? Do they enjoy being told they can't play the only mode in the game for 4 hours unless they give them money?

Losing battle here, mate. This game is poison.

Do some people also enjoy having a limit on how many times they can play the single-player mode? Do they enjoy being told they can't play the only mode in the game for 4 hours unless they give them money?

Losing battle here, mate. This game is poison.
So is your problem that the game has no multiplayer or that it's F2P with an 'energy' system? I agree about the second part, that definitely sucks.

magundah14

Neo Member
I'm so depressed...
Just finished the prologue quests and I feel like shit.
The SC games were my go-to fighting games. Still playing SCV every weekend with a bunch of friends and we were all exited for this one.
I'm... I'm just gonna stay in bed today...

The Servers are still down?

1433.gif

Jeez. I thought they at least fix it by now.

Xav

The servers have been fine for me. I live in the UK in case you're wondering.

I'm super pissed off to see the likes of Mitsurugi receive new moves, this shit should of been DLC for SoulCalibur V. That game was just one "Super" edition away from being something special.

Malio

Lost connection to the server.
Returning to Title Screen.
Error Code: 1098

All that rendered in glorious HD.

Isn't this a single player thing? And I need the server for....what exactly? I've got a bad feeling about this.

It's almost been 24h since then went up in the US and I don't think the servers have worked for a single second during that period.

I'll be honest, I couldn't play any further past the end of the tutorial before deleting it.

Constant server problems aside the load times are literally worse than Sonic 2006, only having 3 characters available at the start (who wear no clothing until you unlock it, BTW) is an absolute joke, the element system is pointless and confusing (attack only with triangle because it's fire element and that will break their armour because they are wearing green clothing!) and it feels like they've just rammed in as many F2P payment trends as they could possibly manage (clothing! crafting! tickets!) along with luring you into that stuff in the tutorial. Just like Tekken Revolution I fail to see who on earth this is aimed at, hardcore fans will stick with SCV and newcomers won't stay around with so much heavily gated at the start.

Erigu

it feels like they've just rammed in as many F2P payment trends as they could possibly manage (clothing! crafting! tickets!)
Extra inventory slots for when you get tired of switching between menus and waiting in front of load screens in order to manage your equipment!
So terrible.

Playing it at the mo. It's not very good. And the loading times are horrible.

I picked Sophita. So far I started a match, mashed A and won three times in a row.

boingball

Gave this game a generous one star rating on PSN. It seems a little bit barebone just flipping between two screens ('press start', hint: x also works and the 'Returning to title screen'). It is free but it takes 3.2G to download and store, I think they could have done that two screen slideshow with a smaller size.

I'll be honest, I couldn't play any further past the end of the tutorial before deleting it.

Constant server problems aside the load times are literally worse than Sonic 2006, only having 3 characters available at the start (who wear no clothing until you unlock it, BTW) is an absolute joke, the element system is pointless and confusing (attack only with triangle because it's fire element and that will break their armour because they are wearing green clothing!) and it feels like they've just rammed in as many F2P payment trends as they could possibly manage (clothing! crafting! tickets!) along with luring you into that stuff in the tutorial. Just like Tekken Revolution I fail to see who on earth this is aimed at, hardcore fans will stick with SCV and newcomers won't stay around with so much heavily gated at the start.
Yikes. Nothing about this sounds good. Well like a curious pig to the slaughter I still want to see it for myself.

So this is like tekken revolution ? Not too shabby.
TR gave us full movelists with some invincible properties added onto moves, all bound properties disappearing, and a better backwalk. SCLS gives us movelists cut in half with a number of moves popping back up as specials that can only be done depending on which pretty dress up clothes your character is wearing. Otherwise, just mash A or B for silly strings.

Really disheartening to see such negative views on this. I didn't really expect anything great from this but damn, so sad to see what namco are doing to this franchise.

YoungOne

TR gave us full movelists with some invincible properties added onto moves, all bound properties disappearing, and a better backwalk. SCLS gives us movelists cut in half with a number of moves popping back up as specials that can only be done depending on which pretty dress up clothes your character is wearing. Otherwise, just mash A or B for silly strings.
And no ringouts.

Timu

Soulcalibur Lost Swords out now, server issues cause connection errors

"Released yesterday, 22 April, in the US, and today in Europe, the PS3 exclusive and digital-only free-to-play fighter Soulcalibur Lost Swords is available to download now from the PlayStation Store. However, it seems some players are encountering an issue that is preventing them from connecting with the server, which consequently means they’re unable to launch the game.

When attempting to start Soulcalibur Lost Swords, players receive an ‘Error Code 1098’ and, rather than connecting to the game, are returned to the title screen. Soulcalibur publisher Bandai Namco has said it’s aware of the issues, and that it’s ‘working on a solution’. As soon as we hear anything more, we’ll update this article accordingly."

Glad they're aware of it now.

BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. would like to express our appreciation for the excitement and passion that our SoulCalibur fans have displayed for SoulCalibur: Lost Swords. There is currently a technical issue that has delayed the launch of the game and we have been working through this issue all through last night and today to expedite the launch of SoulCalibur: Lost Swords.

We have discovered that the issue requires a resolution across multiple parties and therefore our efforts to remedy the issue is taking longer than anticipated. Currently we are working feverishly with a key partner to implement a solution in the shortest amount of time possible.

https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur/posts/703378216372180?stream_ref=10

Timu

I wouldn't count on it: I experienced those both in the Beta and the final Japanese version that's been out for a few months now.
Funny enough I was able to get into the beta just perfectly fine without these kinds of problems.

Top Bottom