• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound Shapes |OT| A Game For Vita (and PS3)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm currently downloading it to my Vita while on lunch break, but unfortunately, today is the day our work internet decides to be shit. It's normally pretty good, but it's slow as molasses today. I'm about 734MB into the download, but still have another 235 to go. It won't be finished until after my lunch break :(

Still, I'm excited, and I really want to play it with my nice headphones jammed into my ears on the bus ride home from work. Of course, today we're doing some heft overtime, so I won't be home until much later.

I only watched half of that launch trailer, because I didn't want to be too spoiled by the various art and level designs. I like to not know what's next, something that is severely lacking in film and game marketing these days. Cool trailer, though.

Zia

To anyone worried about the brevity of the game: there's going to be a lot of good user-created content. Unlike something like LBP, where you have to invest in a toolset to make anything of note, this game's designed to work like a Tenori-on, where anyone can pick it up and punch in a nice-sounding, playable screen, but a musician that wants to spend a mere hour on a level can make something really special.

CorySchmitz

Wait, is this guy you?

3c78098.jpg

No that's a different Cory Schmitz! Haha.

jcutner

Damn, I just bought the Vita one first without realizing if you buy the PS3 one, you get the Vita one free.

Am I screwed, or do I still have access to the PS3 one as well?

To anyone worried about the brevity of the game: there's going to be a lot of good user-created content. Unlike something like LBP, where you have to invest in a toolset to make anything of note, this game's designed to work like a Tenori-on, where anyone can pick it up and punch in a nice-sounding, playable screen, but a musician that wants to spend a mere hour on a level can make something really special.

I want to put a vita in the hands of Diplo and say go wild. Lol

Went home during lunch to D/L the game. Now I'm back in the office and about to fire it up for the first time. Been waiting for this game for ages.

Edit: I love that the "start icon" for Vita looks like a cassette tape!

Cornbread78

Went home during lunch to D/L the game. Now I'm back in the office and about to fire it up for the first time. Been waiting for this game for ages.

Lucky, that's what I was plannig to do, but all the stores around here do not have Wi-Fi, so I'll have to do it later tonight.

Rumble19

Wow, I LOVE the aesthetic of this game. Just going around the UI brought a huge smile to my face. You can spin the record around :D

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Based on videos I thought the game looked boring as fuck, but the positive impressions made me curious about it.

So, downloading it now. Hope it turns good!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
This is so stupid, but I love the red of the title screen. It looks really nice on the Vita.

Edit: I keep getting signed out while playing though, which is a bit annoying. I wish there were friend leaderboards as well.

VanWinkle

Has anyone on here mentioned this yet? For checking out community levels.

http://soundshapesgame.com/community.html

Oh, awesome. Would be nice if you could queue the level up, a'la LBP.me, but still really cool.

Just played the first few levels. Very, very cool game so far. I checked out the albums, though, and it seems the only levels that use graphics from Queasy Games is the Tutorial section? That's a little disappointing.

darkwing

Oh, awesome. Would be nice if you could queue the level up, a'la LBP.me, but still really cool.

Just played the first few levels. Very, very cool game so far. I checked out the albums, though, and it seems the only levels that use graphics from Queasy Games is the Tutorial section? That's a little disappointing.

there's a Queue button on the levels ala LBP? I mean when you sign in the site

There's an entire album w/ art done by Colin Mancer who works at Queasy.

Dynamic3

Do saves sync between both versions? I'm considering doing the campaign on console then messing around with the editor/community levels on the go.

Alright I gotta stop going after the top times for now lol. I just wanna soak up the levels and music first. Can't wait to start creating and scoping out other's work.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Do saves sync between both versions? I'm considering doing the campaign on console then messing around with the editor/community levels on the go.
There's a cloud save option in the settings, so I believe the saves are synced up.

VanWinkle

There's an entire album w/ art done by Colin Mancer who works at Queasy.

Oh, okay, cool.

Finished the "Hello World" album, and just did the first two levels of the second album. Man I love this game. Favorite so far is probably the level "Rowdy Cloudy" but these Superbrothers levels are really blowing my mind, too. Completely different type of play style to them.

If you have the ability to play it on either system definitely play it on the Vita. The screen, the Dpad, and portability just make it the ideal platform for this. Not to mention playing with headphones is awesome.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Whoa, the way you can just tap the screen at certain parts is awesome. You can go crazy with drums in Rowdy Cloudy. Good stuff.

Top Bottom