• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound Shapes |OT| A Game For Vita (and PS3)

Foshy

Simple question: The Editor looks great, but can you upload your levels/download other people's levels like in LBP? I really hope so.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Simple question: The Editor looks great, but can you upload your levels/download other people's levels like in LBP? I really hope so.
The launch trailer showed an interface where people were rating and downloading levels, so I'm assuming you can.

Death mode looks hot as fuck

Yep, I retract my Platinum Trophy might be easy for this game comment. That looks to require some serious timing.

Makes me wonder if reviewers will dive into that side of the game and just complete the "main game" and review it? Because to me, aside from the editor and UGC, Death Mode is where the real challenge and time consumption lies.

Foshy

The launch trailer showed an interface where people were rating and downloading levels, so I'm assuming you can.
I just watched the trailer, hadn't seen it first; yeah, it's obvious. Can't wait for this, sometimes being in Europe sucks :[ First Dyad, now this.

Tratorn

wow you can only get trophies in Death Mode and Beat School Editor (except for beat all levels).

Hey, thats cool. :)
So you really have to do the "hard" challenges for your trophy-fix!

edit:
Btw. what's the requirement to get a "full" member on gaf? :D
I thought it would be 200 posts, but I'm still junior.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Up on PSN Play section, only Vita version I think though...only on PS3. PSN DOWNLOADING FUCKING SLOW TODAY

Edit: nm it's both versions on there

0QPOQ.jpg

Zia

Not sure where all of the reviews are. This is the only mainstream review aside from Eurogamer Italy I've been able to find. Kotaku:

Thank goodness for Sound Shapes, then, which lets me turn the physical joy I get from music into something grander than just disturbing looking gestures. Motions that would turn into taps, strums or drum fills in another life get turned into rolling, jumping or steering actions in Jonathan Mak's innovative new platformer. Sound Shapes feels like MTV must have in the early days of music video: a program of bizarre visualizations tethered to music you heard every day. You get a unique sort of interactive listening in Sound Shapes, one that highlights how a good game can cross-pollinate your senses to make you feel alive in a different way. It's that electric sensation—fleeting yet lasting at the same time—that makes Sound Shapes worth your time.

whitehawk

Banned
Nope, well at least it didnt show up for me. It might be early though.
Nooo! I played it at a Playstation even and wasn't sold on it, but it may have been because I got such a short time with it, didn't get to explore the game much.

How much is the PS+ discount?

Nooo! I played it at a Playstation even and wasn't sold on it, but it may have been because I got such a short time with it, didn't get to explore the game much.

How much is the PS+ discount?

$11.99

I started the download on the PS3 and was able to access the download on the Vita via the Download List in the Vita's PSN Store.

But man is it slooooow right now.

krpiper

Hey, thats cool. :)
So you really have to do the "hard" challenges for your trophy-fix!

edit:
Btw. what's the requirement to get a "full" member on gaf? :D
I thought it would be 200 posts, but I'm still junior.

IIRC its 300

Its also up on the Vita its self now

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Downloading it now, thanks for the heads-up Wario.

Is there not a thread for this week's store update?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I had a save file corrupt bug on my Vita :(

Rebooted the game and I think it fixed itself, but now it's making me nervous. Gonna use that cloud save a lot I think

And yeah, even doing the tutorial for the editor seemed awesome. I'm usually not into editors but I might spend some time on this one

Top Bottom