• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound Shapes |OT| A Game For Vita (and PS3)

Lucent

I pulled the trigger. I'll destroy all of GAF if it disappoints. =x

lol j/k. But I did feel kinda burned by Malicious. It's just way too short and repetitive with with just 6 stages and it's the exact same thing in each one. Fortunately for Sound Shapes, it has a level creator and community. And hopefully some awesome DLC to back it up,t oo.

Roubjon

I looked through the thread and couldn't find the answer, so maybe one of you guys could tell me.

When you make community levels, how can you customize the music? Can you just choose from a preset selection of songs? Do you have the ability to customize what parts of the level add to the music?

I'm really looking forward to getting this game eventually, I'm waiting for my Vita in the mail.

Great game. Please please PLEASE get some cool artists together for some new albums. Some suggestions:

Trent Reznor/NIN for music, Rob Sheridan for art
Daft Punk for music, Leiji Matsumoto for art
M83, don't know for art
Danny Baranowsky for music, Edmund McMillen for art
Boards of Canada

Any other good ones you guys can think of?

Love your taste in music. ;)

IMACOMPUTA

Wow, holy shit. I've been looking forward to this game based on hype alone since i got my launch Vita.

Never really looked into it, but blindly bought it today.

So far I've played the tutorial and the first level...

And holy shit i love it. I also only just found out about level sharing, etc.
I can't wait to make some awesome music/levels.
So excited.

Lucent

Some hip-hop producer needs to jump and do some stuff for this game. Imagine a Dr. Dre or Kanye West level.

-Playing Kanye's level. Almost at the end. Word bubble pops up-

I'm glad you're enjoying my level, and I'mma let you finish, but you'll never beat so-and-so's score.

-Level resumes and you get to finish it-

=l

lol I'm just kidding.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
After trying it on the Vita, I can definitely say I'm enjoying the interface and editor more on it, not to mention portability, but a I'm a tad disappointed by the longer loading times and slight frame-rate dips I noticed here and there. It's nothing major, but that coupled with how much more comfortable the Dual Shock 3 is I think I might continue playing it on the PS3, which is... kind of ironic.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Death mode was very disappointing. It wasn't difficult and it felt like an afterthought. The only bad thing about the game imo. Beat school was cool though.

Other than that, fucking awesome game.

5MuNv.jpg

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Death mode was very disappointing. It wasn't difficult and it felt like an afterthought. The only bad thing about the game imo. Beat school was cool though.

What the hell. I've never received a platinum and you got one in less than a day.

Finished Tutorial. Jumped straight to level editor. SO MUCH FUN!!! Spend 3+ hours creating a level with barebones stuff. Couldn't think of a name so I named it "Eden". There's so much experimenting to do e.g. I added different rhythm without moving to next page. Satisfying result!

Also, it's fun adding secret locations that rewards exploration. :D

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Vita to PS3 cloud syncing not working for me...giving me network error on PS3
Had the same problem, until...

Sorry about that.

Log out of PSN (if you're playing on PS3), reboot the game and sign back into PSN through the game. Should fix the cloud sync issue.
Worked for me. I just hope it gets fixed soon, I don't wanna have to worry about this every time.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Had the same problem, until...

Worked for me. I just hope it gets fixed soon, I don't wanna have to worry about this every time.

Thank you good sir. Syncing all the trophies now. It's raining trophies

I think I'm gonna do my leaderboard attack runs on PS3, I seem to control better on DS3. I stopped looking at leaderboards half way through to go for fast plat :p

Ponn

Banned

What the flippity flubbity hoo haw!! Did you just sit in the bathroom all day with a charger??!!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
You guys are way too good at this game. I just tried the second deadmau5 level and put the game down because I can't get past a section of the level. Am I pathetic for finding the game difficult?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You guys are way too good at this game. I just tried the second deadmau5 level and put the game down because I can't get past a section of the level. Am I pathetic for finding the game difficult?

No, Deadmau5 are the hardest levels of the game. And the best.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Still can't cloud sync from ps3 to Cloud. I tried logging out of psn while in game, no go.
You have to quit the game, log out, then log in within the game. If you log out through the in-game XMB, you'll run into the problem again. I just tried it.

O_O @ Wario64. Noticed he was at the top of the leaderboards for every level I beat, come here at see he's already got the Plat. Good show, sir, good show.

You have to quit the game, log out, then log in within the game. If you log out through the in-game XMB, you'll run into the problem again. I just tried it.

Ahhh, I logged out, quit the game, then logged in. lkjd;alkjfs;lkfj

That's a pretty weird/bad bug to have.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
After playing a couple levels on PS3, I think I prefer the PS3 version better. More precise controls, bigger screen and louder sound. Plus I just totally killed the first 2 Deadmau5 leaderboards by 7-10 seconds. lol.

Also, Vita takes a big longer to load levels

JABEE

My impressions so far. Game is awesome. I've only played through the first album of campaign mode, because I started playing all of the created levels and have been sucked into trying to get the best time on the leaderboards. Really, really good game so far. I've been playing Sound Shapes on the Vita.

Ridley327

As someone who loved Sword & Sworcery EP and also loves music games, Corporeal is pretty much the greatest thing in history.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
#1 on all Deadmau5 levels except for level 3. 9 seconds away from #1. I want to lead the whole album :|

Top Bottom