• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound Shapes |OT| A Game For Vita (and PS3)

There has to be a better way to find good quality user created levels, the levels on the front page of user levels are terrible

Shikoro

lol looks like a hint for a vacation

05f68b55-1a5f-375d-a042-ca35e5420cd4-image

Well, considering the lack of software for the Vita, I would say that they were on vacation the whole time. XD

Kidding, gaiz. Buying this next week. :p

darkwing

hmm I thought the star was the one where the Queued levels were found but it turns out it was just the popular ones I looking at :|

also, is the Cloud Sync working for you guys? It was working fine yesterday

netguy503

Hey I'm on a level called Purgatory in the second album. I believe it's the third stage and I think I'm close to the end. Anyway, I'm in a area with red blocks covered along the wall and I think they expect me to get past that. How do I do this? Any help? Thanks.

Grisby

Well, not so sure about the depth yet but man, if this isn't the coolest game I've played this year.

It's Joe Cool levels man.

netguy503

Hey I'm on a level called Purgatory in the second album. I believe it's the third stage and I think I'm close to the end. Anyway, I'm in a area with red blocks covered along the wall and I think they expect me to get past that. How do I do this? Any help? Thanks.

Any help please? I'm on this level now and want to beat it so I don't have to do it over.

SmithnCo

It's called purgatory. It's stage three of the second album I believe. I'm at a point where there is a wall of red stuff that kills me but I believe the game wants me to go up and over it to continue.

I just played the level and don't really see it. There was a wall at one point but you don't need to go over it, just go to the right.

Lucent

So I notice in the level editor when you're moving the screen, there are quite a few blocks (screens) that are brown and the ones you can create in are orange. But it looks like it's predefined. Is there a way to change which ones are orange or am I missing something? Heh.

netguy503

I just played the level and don't really see it. There was a wall at one point but you don't need to go over it, just go to the right.

I'm replaying it too to better describe it and I found that the room I'm trying to tell you guys about looks exactly like the room you begin in (I guess it takes you back there at one point?). I'm two screens after you ride that conver belt thing. I don't know where to go or how to get up that wall.

Lucent

lol @ liking your own level. =P

I will try it, though. Some of the levels I've seen people make are so horrible. But it's only been out since yesterday. Still, some people made like literally only one or two screens and are just recreating part of a melody of a song.

I can see that this is gonna be one of those games where people who take the time to really learn how to use everything will make some amazing levels. I'm not that great at making music/beats, so the whole keeping coins activated for three screens is gonna be tricky for me. Unless there's a way to deactivate them once you get to a certain screen.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I still can't find queued levels in the game even though you told me where it is, lol

Edit: Oh I see now

Graphics and style remind me of Pixel Junk titles, but the music is just boring to me and doesn't entice me to replay the levels. There's a really good game in there somewhere. Hopefully user created levels provide a challenge that the retail levels didn't.

Cudder

Graphics and style remind me of Pixel Junk titles, but the music is just boring to me and doesn't entice me to replay the levels. There's a really good game in there somewhere. Hopefully user created levels provide a challenge that the retail levels didn't.

Yeah the music is surprisingly meh in this. Everyday Shooter, Loco Roco, and other games of the ilk have much better music imo.

Fabrik

Banned
It' pretty much exactly what I thought it was going to be. The only difference was that the level editor was better/easier than I thought it would be.

The Beck and DeadMous5 stages is what I was expecting in my mind but not what I saw in the released promotion videos. Most of the time, the obstacles were not moving in sync with the music and it was too simple/easy/boring.

Yeah the music is surprisingly meh in this. Everyday Shooter, Loco Roco, and other games of the ilk have much better music imo.

For a game that's focused on music/sound, I really expected more from this. I wish I was as blown away by the game as most seem to be. It's just kinda meh to me.

Huff

Banned
Just plat'd it. Took me a couple hours on the hell levels, and some of the ones you needed perfect placement of the coins to make it in time, but nothing too horrible.

Jeff-DSA

This game is pure charm and coolness. I can't say a whole lot more than that because it's hard to describe. I dig it, and I'm grateful for it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Making levels are hard, well the music part to be specific. It's hard to figure out what note set I want to use since you can't preview them. I've also been creating the level layouts first then music notes later, which usually results in shit music. Ah well, I'll learn along the way

Making levels are hard, well the music part to be specific. It's hard to figure out what note set I want to use since you can't preview them. I've also been creating the level layouts first then music notes later, which usually results in shit music. Ah well, I'll learn along the way

On the vita version you just tap anywhere to hear what note it will be, then tap and hold to place a note. I haven't messed with create mode in the PS3 version yet.

Speaking of which, is anyone having issues with the cloud sync? My vita has a level I made but when I sync my vita and then sync my PS3 version it only seems to sync my campaign progress, but not my saved level. My girlfriend would be more inclined to try it on PS3 so I was hoping we could sync stuff we made.

CorySchmitz

There's some editor control tips in the digi manual that aren't explained in the tutorial. Also you can tap on the grid to preview what an instrument is going to sound like on that spot. idk if that helps!

tch

Ok WTF thermogenica death mode #2. Any tips? Every time I am having a good run theres like 4 in a row that make me go all the way from left to right and back and there isn't enough time

VanWinkle

Oh man, death mode has made me so angry. I don't think I'll be able to get through all of them. I'm just on the third level on the first album, too!

Clunker

Did you finish the Superbrothers album?

Don't read this if you haven't,
but I loved the nice little Sworcery-y surprise at the end. Swoon.
I was grinning like a schoolboy at the end. Loved it. That Purgatory level was insane.

Now I have only the Beck album to play through, and then I think I'll dip into the level editor to play around with some beats. I'm playing on PS3, and this really makes me want a Vita to have as a portable music-maker.

Top Bottom