• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound Shapes |OT| A Game For Vita (and PS3)

|ync

Galaxanoids (death) seems practically impossible. What am I missing, besides good luck?

You definitely need good luck, but I used a strategy that might help:
1. Run passed two lasers every time, unless you are collecting a note in a transition area (top right of the left block or top left of the right block). If you are in a transition area try to quickly see where the next note is and decide if you need to move to the next block or not.
2. For the note on the top right of the right block it's fairly safe to jump straight to it if you're coming from the middle.
3. Sometimes it can be faster to jump to the bottom of the centre block and swing across underneath than go over top.

(and yes, I did actually name them transitions areas and talk to myself in my head as I was playing the level.. transition, run, run, run, transition, jump, transition... )

Lucent

Okay, I'm trying not to be dirty minded or anything, but what are the red diamond things in Beck's 2nd level that shoots out all the "bullet-hell" stuff saying? It sounds like whenever it fires it says "touch a p----". I was like what?! lol. Ahh....I dunno what's wrong with me but that's what I'm hearing. And coming from a child's voice, it's even more wrong.

I love the turret things that say something like "wam bam thank you ma'am" lol.

Also, anybody notice some things it seems you have some control on how they work? Like the laser guys you can record your tapping on them and they'll fire their lasers based on the rhythm you tapped out. I haven't tried everything in the editor yet but damn it's gonna take a long time to really master using this stuff.

OmegaZero

Probably already said, but Death Mode is a load of bullshit.

I was loving this game more then Gravity Rush and then Death Mode comes along. >_>
Hopefully Beat School is more fun.

legbone

I thought the Superbrothers level in the QL looked really cool.

i just got to the first superbrothers "track" on their "album". Fucking great stuff. I have only played a little bit so far but i am loving this game. i am playing it on my vita with headphones and it is so damn relaxing. but then again it can be frustrating in parts. i suck at games so the last two tracks on the first album gave me fits in a couple sections (those fucking red things that chase you can blow me). but the music is so relaxing it seems you never get too upset. this may be the best downloadable game/vita game i have played all year (i haven't played journey yet mind you).

I'm on the vita creating a level and it is really janky, the level I mean. Frame rate is everywhere and it feels like each frame is having to load. Am I missing something. I don't think my level is any more intense than others in fact I know its not.

Finally platinumed this, Deadmau5' death levels were the only hard ones.

Beck's album was awesome, Rowdy Cloudy is incredible, Superbrothers was the weakest of the bunch despite all the style.

Cade

Platinumed a half-hour ago or so. Really great game, might be my GOTY 2012. I didn't mind Death Mode except for 1-3, the third level in Hello, World!. That level was so bad.

Lucent

When you queue levels up, where do you find them? I queued up several yesterday and I couldn't find them so I had to do manual searches for them. =l

beason52

Neo Member
Playing user created levels is so addicting. I hope the community stays active, I want more hip-hop beats. What a game.

|ync

I started messing around in the editor and 6 hours later here is my level!
http://soundshapesgame.com/level/OQhWaGh0

478583ed-979f-3eb8-89e6-77729cd76ee4-image

Jack and the beatstalk

ps. I've been checking out everyone's levels, great stuff. especially Lissar :)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I started messing around in the editor and 6 hours later here is my level!
http://soundshapesgame.com/level/OQhWaGh0

478583ed-979f-3eb8-89e6-77729cd76ee4-image

Jack and the beatstalk

ps. I've been checking out everyone's levels, great stuff. especially Lissar :)

Wow, thanks!

I'd love to try your level and more levels that others have created. It's too bad the servers are all messed up at the moment. :<

It's also too bad that all the interesting levels get buried under terrible renditions of Mario and Zelda themes. D: But I guess that's to be expected from user generated content. *hasn't really participated in level making until now*

OmegaZero

I'm trying to make a side-scrolling pseudo bullet-hell stage.

Certain enemies will not respond to the blob when it's in a vehicle. >_>

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Between this

http://i.imgur.com/UpGd5.png[IMG]

and the "Can't connect to Sound Shapes servers" error messages, I have to wonder how much of this was known about and just ignored[/QUOTE]
Considering J Mak posted here asking how the error came about in order to track down, I'd say it wasn't.
Server issues are server issues. That seems to the bane of all studios. Just hope that is fixed quickly as well.

HiiiLife

Fucking beautiful game. I love when developers like these do something different from what we usually see. Definite time consumer.

HiiiLife

Fucking beautiful game. I love when developers like these do something different from what we usually see. Granted this isnt the first sound based game but nontheless a definite time consumer.

JABEE

wait, the servers are down? like if you just go into game -> community, sign in, it says unable to connect to server? are you able to contact psn?

-j
All of yesterday I was having a tough time logging in. I was able to log in a couple of hours ago though.

My level has horrible slow down. There are frames I am not using that music is playing into but I can't get rid of because my walls and other things bleed over. Is there a way to trim those extra frames, or any other tips? Also there are some frames with no materials in them but I can't get rid of them.

My level has 11 playable frames.

edit:
Can I cut and paste onto a different area and that solve this?

|ync

I think if you are getting bad slowdown in the editor something may have gone wrong with your save, my level (link ;) has tons of decals and a few screens with 6+ active objects and I never noticed any slowdown (on vita).

Have you tried
a. Quiting the game/restarting the vita completely?
b. Starting a new level and see if you still have slowdown?

Regarding trimming extra frames, it shouldn't be necessary, a few mostly empty frames aren't causing your problem. Also, notes that are collected will play for the next three screens, so in the level editor you hear the notes on every screen within three of the current screen. If you're making a level and want to get away from your old notes (like if you want to change the tune completely) I think you need to use one of the transport objects like a pipe or an elevator to teleport several screens away.

Hope that helps

duckroll

I don't know anything about this game at all, a friend just showed me a trailer like 15 minutes ago, and before the trailer ended, I was updating my PS3, and now I have bought the game! Downloading! I still don't really know what to expect, but I have a feeling I have made a good decision!

Top Bottom