• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

GlamFM

Banned
Fixed for you. :p

Or did you?

nOI2XLG.png

:p

EDIT: Actually we were both wrong ;)

Dawg

I can confirm the Belgian review copy is censored. Since 99% of games are uncensored in our country, it seems like Europe as a whole will really get the censored version :/ Except for UK.

7 scenes of about 20 seconds each are censored in the EMEA versions of South Park: The Stick of Truth. The decision to cut this content from the game was made by Ubisoft EMEA.

These scenes include:
- A mini-game in which the doctor is performing an abortion on the player
- A mini-game in whichthe player is performing an abortion on the character Randy
- Five anal probing scenes involving someone actively being probed. The scenes play out as normal before and after the active probing sequences

Each censored scene is replaced by an image background and a description text selected by Matt & Trey.

Canceling preorder, not gonna pay for censorship bullshit. I hated it when they censored multiplayer in TLOU. Im over 18 i shouldnt have to deal with censorship on a 18+ product, just because parents are buying these games for their kids.

hidden offline

Neo Member
I can confirm the Belgian review copy is censored. Since 99% of games are uncensored in our country, it seems like Europe as a whole will really get the censored version :/ Except for UK.

It's a shame that it's being censored but i feel
Each censored scene is replaced by an image background and a description text selected by Matt & Trey.
Could be quite well done if funny.

nkarafo

So, was he banned for the statements the OP linked or something? I don't get why its so significant to link this game's OT with a user who got banned for some reason.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Before those in Europe who bought the game on the PC start freaking out, allow me to reiterate this:

To clear up the South Park region-lock matter, the following region-locked subs are in use:

- Germany and Austria
- Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Eastern Europe

Every single other territory shares a region-free sub and this sub can be activated within the aforementioned territories.

Retail copies might be censored; it's hard to be sure without knowing exactly what sub the keys are set to activate. What I can say with absolute certainty, though, is that the ROW sub just about everyone has been buying (this includes ~$20 copies bought through traders) is uncensored; in addition to being used on the stores of the countries not listed above (availability permitting), it's also used in America, meaning it would be impossible for Ubi to add censorship data without this affecting UK and American users. Eastern European users are presumably also safe.

The alternative, of course, is that the game is censored everywhere, but I doubt this is the case as we surely would've heard something about it by now.

cm osi

so, uhm... in america tits and butts are a problem but anal probing isn't and in europe butts and tits aren't a problem but anal probing is? wtf?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
so, uhm... in america tits and butts are a problem but anal probing isn't and in europe butts and tits aren't a problem but anal probing is? wtf?

Yeah WTF? Well i'm from Austria and if the game is censored i won't buy it. I'm fucking sick of this censor bullshit.

Dinjooh

What the fuck?

So i'll have to import this from the UK effectively doubling the price - What the actual fuck.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are you sure it's 100% uncensored then?

If you had someone gift you the ROW sub, yes, it would be, unless Ubi has censored the game everywhere, but again that slipping under the radar this close to release is extremely unlikely.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If you had someone gift you the ROW sub, yes, it would be, unless Ubi has censored the game everywhere, but again that slipping under the radar this close to release is extremely unlikely.

Hm... ok, thank you.

I don't get why the UK version should receive a special treatment. I mean, it can't possibly be because of the PEGI rating, since other versions (including the Italian one) bear a 18+ rating too. I guess it's a false assumption.

allgamersbeta says it's only for the console version, dunno if true
As JaseC pointed out, the German and Austrian version is indeed censored on pc as well. That's probably about swastikas and the such though, not sure if the anal probe/abortion scenes are left uncut or not.

Since outside of the known region-locked countries it's the same Steam sub everywhere, it should be impossible to retroactively censor the game selectively, right?
That's a good question, I wouldn't want Ubi to patch out the censored content or something.

Durante

Since outside of the known region-locked countries it's the same Steam sub everywhere, it should be impossible to retroactively censor the game selectively, right?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Been playing the game for the past 2-3 hours and loving it. Cutscenes and visuals are brilliant. You would think you was just watching the show. The humour lol. Can't really say anything else due to embargo but I believe everyone will love it. ^_^

I would love if Ubisoft brought it to XB1 and PS4 like they have done with Rayman.

Thanks for clearing that up JaseC.

So you can just add any sub no matter where you are connecting from? I thought this was using the new Steam regionlock stuff that was introduced with that Metal Gear game. Isn't that supposed to lock people to their respective sub versions? I am confused!

Top Bottom