• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Korezo

does the pc disc version require Uplay or Steam? If it requires none I will buy the pc collectors if not im a have to buy the ps3 version, beat it right away then sell it and wait for a pc sale to buy for pc.

Been watching the whole series again to help tide me over a little better, but I think it's just making the wait worse.

I love the Southpark studios website, pretty much all the old episodes in there commercial free. Been rewatching a few myself, mainly from the earlier seasons like 4 and 5. So many good ones during that period.

kudoboi

does the pc disc version require Uplay or Steam? If it requires none I will buy the pc collectors if not im a have to buy the ps3 version, beat it right away then sell it and wait for a pc sale to buy for pc.

no uplay but uses steamworks

Ooccoo

The game was also refused classification because it featured a "very high in impact" interactive scene set in an abortion clinic, which involved controlling a wire and a vacuum device on a female NPC.

Holy shit!

They are just costumes for 4 out of the 5 classes available.

Eh ill spring for the regular edition. A cartman doll and a shitty map doesn't sound to appealing. I just hope the classes are varied enough to warrant a second play through. Game looks fantastic regardless, trying to hold off watching media on this game.

Is he coming back?

No.

I AM disappointed that he is gone for this one though. Although he would have ruined the Thief thread for people who end up liking that game like he did for the Hitman Absolution and Tomb Raider threads.

You take the good with the bad I suppose.

Ooccoo

I'm kind of sad to hear that, it seems like the old guard is leaving.

But, on topic, I paid off my preorder today. I was going to get the PS3 version, am I making a mistake?

Most people who got banned come back eventually under a new name. You'd be surprised to know who are truly behind some usernames...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm kind of sad to hear that, it seems like the old guard is leaving.

But, on topic, I paid off my preorder today. I was going to get the PS3 version, am I making a mistake?

Well, it was possible to buy Steam copies for $20 for a good couple of weeks or so, making the PC the way to go for anybody who has a system built within the last 7 years and isn't particularly partial to console gaming.

LastNac

Well, it was possible to buy Steam copies for $20 for a good couple of weeks or so, making the PC the way to go for anybody who has a system built within the last 7 years and isn't particularly partial to console gaming.

Not really a PC guy.

erawsd

The game was also refused classification because it featured a "very high in impact" interactive scene set in an abortion clinic, which involved controlling a wire and a vacuum device on a female NPC.

Holy shit!

Also...

The report also points out that the playable character, a minor, is also subjected to an anal probe.

This game may be a Fox News wet dream.

MrBS

Grand Wizard Edition come to me. Looking forward to the 'obsidian challenge' to get this game working on my PC day one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not really a PC guy.

In that case I'm sure the PS3 version will prove adequate. Considering the system requirements on the PC side I can't imagine that the PS360 versions will have issues operating at 720p.

GoodlifeX

Also...

The report also points out that the playable character, a minor, is also subjected to an anal probe.

This game may be a Fox News wet dream.

Oh god It does. But I think Fox News may have given up reporting on South Park because it has become such an establishment for this type of thing. Then again, Fox News breaks ground for new ways to be stupid every day.

Ooccoo

Derrick was a man ahead of his time, we were not ready for all the truthbombs.

Well I think it's more about how you deliver the message. If you only bash without providing arguments, it's annoying. For instance I do feel like Titanfall isn't very original (COD with Mechs), but If I go in every topic bashing about the game of course I'll gather negative attention around me. That's also why I refrain from posting sometimes as I'm a bit of a jaded gamer who dislikes a lot of the new games based on online modes etc.

LastNac

In that case I'm sure the PS3 version will prove adequate. Considering the system requirements on the PC side I can't imagine that the PS360 versions will have issues operating at 720p.

Thanks. I ask because I have both consoles but have noticed over the years that the PS3 ports have vastly been improving.

I'll be getting this on PC, very excited for it. My only concern is hoping they've made the RPG parts as fun as the Paper Mario games. Having an active RPG combat system in this game was a great decision so I hope they executed it well.

erawsd

Oh god It does. But I think Fox News may have given up reporting on South Park because it has become such an establishment for this type of thing. Then again, Fox News breaks ground for new ways to be stupid every day.

Yeah, true. Although, the interactivity of those sequences may give them something to run with.

In fact, I could see reviewers complaining like some did with the GTA torture scene.

Pollux

Can we unban Derrick please? I know he's a joy-sucking vampire, but he brings balance to the Force.
Can we stop asking about Derrick. Jesus fucking Christ he's not even here any more and he's derailing threads. Just fucking stop with this shit already.

On topic, the game looks great. Paid off my preorder today and am looking forward to it.

Ah crap, I didn't know the Australian version was censored and I just preordered it... Considering cancelling and getting the UK version...

Soule

Hmmmm I had a steam copy gifted to me, pretty sure from a non-Australian user. Wonder if the censorship will still be in the game? Blehhh I hope so, disappointing to hear about it anyhow.

Watch there be an underwater level, and the last boss of the level is Kanye West.

I would hope so, theres a perk in the game called protect my balls lol.

Haha, that's the first time I'm hearing about this. First I see a move called Jew-Jitsu, and now Protect My Balls. This game's moves are great.

Top Bottom