• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Zukuu

Banned
Holy Balls. How are you supposed to beat
Al Gore
? He has 5k+ hp and 506(!) armor at level 10. If he'd be alone, I'd manage, but the adds he brings in are killing me in the long run.

I can't find the last
homeless guy
and it's pissing me off. Is he only accessible after you advance the story more?
One is at the bustop location, you can walk behind the tree to another area. 3 or so are in the sewer, one at kennies and another one is inside the u-store bus.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
25 fucking minutes to learn a fart you piece of shit mini-game.

This was my third one, how many of these horrible mini-game tutorials will I have to do?

Ok, who here has in their first 5 minutes of playing the game, tried relentlessly to take a shit in the toilet but fail every time? This game is amazing.

notworksafe

This was my third one, how many of these horrible mini-game tutorials will I have to do?

I'm on that one right now. Not sure what I'm doing wrong :/

EDIT: Got it. Was just a terrible explanation on how to do it in-game.

Teletraan1

Banned
Anyone have any suggestions with the Abortion Mini Game? I fail the second part every time going on 30 minutes here. It gives little instruction. Just rotate a stick. I have tried to be gentle, tried rotating fast, all result in fail.

Anyone have any suggestions with the Abortion Mini Game? I fail the second part every time going on 30 minutes here. It gives little instruction. Just rotate a stick. I have tried to be gentle, tried rotating fast, all result in fail.

Rotate as fast as you can, make sure it's counter clockwise.

rjinaz

I do have to wonder what they were thinking with these "tutorials/minigames" especially since they have no bearing on how the moves are actually used. That wouldn't be so bad I suppose if it wasn't for the fact that they are not fun at all and are quite frustrating. I'm actually glad it isn't just me. I failed the first farting tutorial about 8 times and I felt like an idiot.

RPGCrazied

Played it for about an hour and a half, an yeah, if you are interested in South Park in the slightest you need to get this game. It actually looks like you are playing an episode on TV, looks that good. Its like Arkham, the first awesome Batman game, this is the first awesome South Park game. I did get a bug in the tutorial though, at one point I couldn't select an attack at all, I had to reload a save. While I do notice stutter, its not that bad, specially if you don't run, or when its auto saving. Playing on PS3.

I have been so hyped since the gameplay footage started rolling out and I still cannot
believe how fucking good this game is. It is immersion on an entirely other level. I am in a South Park episode. Never has a game been such a perfect 1:1 of a license ever. The look, the writing, the humor, even the way the combat plays out all feels right. When I see screen shots of people's characters I am just seeing the show, not the game. It is great stuff. I can't wait to sink even more time in. Love it so far.

Edit: on PC @1080p 120hz there isn't the slightest tear or blur or anything. Just rock solid.

Amon-Lau

Went to redeem the key on steam when I got rejected thanks to region locking...
Whatever, I'm just gonna give it to a UK friend...

Fair warning for anyone like me who's gonna get it from GET GAME, if it's locked on steam don't bother getting it...

ProphessorX

Neo Member
You can equip any weapon and armor piece I understand the perks are different but it would have made another play through more interesting.

I remember IGN's review pointing the lack of replayability due to the nonspecialized equips and jack-of-all-trades customization.

Still, it sounds mostly everyone is enduring the bugs so the good outweighs the bad. How long until the next patch I wonder?

Is there any way to turn off all the annoying intro screens that pop up before the title screen on PC in the ini or anything? It is obnoxious that you cannot skip them (at least to my knowledge).

theRizzle

It has been quite a while since I was this impressed by a game. There have been a lot of games that I enjoyed and had fun with, but very few that I can think of that left me feeling like this game has so far.

Nothing but a big shit eating grin on my face the last 3 hours.

Kolgar

Holy... this game is awesome!

Impulse purchased it tonight and I'm glad of it. This looks like a riot.

GMG still has a launch-day discount of $15 for those on the fence. Code VRW14X-M2YVEU-B0C9OT

Can't believe I was worried about this running on my laptop. I've an older i7 with a GT 330m and it's fantastic at the laptop's native resolution of 1366 x 768.

I've been charging through a backlog lately and it's started to feel like work. This is just what I need--laugh-out-loud fun!

Phionoxx

Help. Stuck after you go to sleep the first night of the game.

Yeah...so can't get beyond the clench sphincter anal probe scene. For the life of me can't get through the second probe...been stuck here for about 10 minutes now. Is there anything you can do to skip the scene?

I'm loving this game. Actually one of the most enjoyable RPGs in quite a while for me. It kind of reminds me of a Mother/Paper Mario game in some ways, which is just fantastic.

Help. Stuck after you go to sleep the first night of the game.

Yeah...so can't get beyond the clench sphincter anal probe scene. For the life of me can't get through the second probe...been stuck here for about 10 minutes now. Is there anything you can do to skip the scene?

mash the button like crazy, took me 2 tries but I think thats all there is to it

Plissken

Only played a couple hours, but I'm already loving this game. Haven't had any bugs yet (on PC). Really love all the little South Park touches everywhere; all the items you pick up, rooms you can go in, songs that play in stores, etc. The ambient dialogue has been great too, walking into the bank and having Butters shout "Alright motherfuckers, everyone down on the floor! I want all the money in a bag...oh hey Bebe, how's it going?"

I noticed that in
Kenny's
dresser, he had an Alabama Man doll. I remember that from the Chinpokomon episode.

Is that a thing in many games?

Fighting games do that a lot. It usually says that they're playing arcade mode, online mode, etc. A few shooters as well. I know BF and COD shows what map your on online, and what level your on single player as well.

ARGH this fucking farting mini-game/fake tutorial. I keep failing the third one.

Edit: Got it done, what a terrible way they explained it.

Are you guys reffering to the first farting tutorial?
Dragonshout
I think?

Personally I had no issues with that BUT I actually failed the guarding tutorial haha, I have alot of experience with DMC3 and other action/fighting games with parry or just inputs so I was trying to 'just' frame it, turned out you gotta guard super early as opposed to that.

WTF is up with that
Al Gore boss
fight? I'm already at LVL 14 but he still manages to kick my ass! Argh!!

Looks like I will have to tolerate his facebook spamming for a little while longer

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Could only put a few hours into it and I like the whole charm and atmosphere of the game. The battle sequences are pretty yawn worthy where I am thus far...hopefully it'll pick up.

WTF is up with that
Al Gore boss
fight? I'm already at LVL 14 but he still manages to kick my ass! Argh!!

Looks like I will have to tolerate his facebook spamming for a little while longer

I think the scaling in this game is really strange. Like some attacks are purely percentage based I'm fairly certain.

White Man

Man, I am stuck hard at the fight in the Bard's tavern,
the fight after the basement and before you go up the steps. There's an enemy with like 500hp that keeps killing me fast. I have no idea how to stop his channeling because he has a gas mask on

Goddamn this game is so much fun. Love the battle system as I knew I would, also love finding all the random junk and trinkets that are references to old episodes.

By far, though, my favorite moments have been the times where they've poked fun at the video games and used the game format to make really great jokes. My favorite two moments so far: (I just finished the first day in South Park, so spoilers for the first whole day)

The "Hold B to Skip" prompt for Jimmy had me rolling on the floor laughing. Just completely lost it. And then later the audio logs in the spaceship were great. Absolute top-notch parody of the audio log craze in video games now.

Gotta go to bed now, but can't wait to keep playing this tomorrow.

EDIT:
the fight after the basement and before you go up the steps. There's an enemy with like 500hp that keeps killing me fast. I have no idea how to stop his channeling because he has a gas mask on

Do you have a stun attack? I used Jew-Jitsu to stop him, don't know if the other classes have a similar attack that creates Stun.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Mug him if you can.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The quote you quoted of yourself doesn't show up here but it was in regards to getting the US PS3 version in Australia

I would recommend making a US PSN account and downloading the game from there.
Basically, to sign up use your real name and email address, but find a real US address on google maps with the right zipcode (I used one in Delaware) and use that as the address (save it somewhere on the off chance you ever need the info).

Look up a site called the card closet and they sell US PSN cards, they're a few dollars more (a $50 card is $54) but worth it imo. Just buy a $50 and a $10 and you'll be set. Should be about $66 USD altogether, though that'll come to more like $75 in AUD...

You need paypal to buy them and I think there can be a hold up if your paypal account is unverified, there was never any issue with mine though. Took a little while the very first time but since then the cards get delivered via email within minutes in PDF format and they've always worked perfectly for me (I did get an itunes card once that didn't work on that site but they sent me a working one immediately). I have about 50+ games on my hard drive and almost all of them are from the US PSN so I've bought cards from that site many many times.

Thanks but downloading it isn't an option for me, prefer to find the physical copy. Cheers for your time typing that out. =)

aparisi2274

Played for about 2hrs looking around... loving the game so far!

I did one side mission so far.
I had to get the iPad for Kevin, and now he is my friend

I have about 9 friends now.

Oh, and this is a question for people who are far into the game... have you had to do any grinding to get past any areas? Or are you just fighting and moving on?

abrack08

Ah man the music that plays where the goths are next to the school is so good. I googled some of the lyrics to see if they were actual songs because they aren't Matt/Trey's usual South Park song stuff but didn't get any results. They're great.

So there is an instance where you have to tap "A" really fast to get further in the game. I can't do it!! I can't tap fast enough! Anyone else have this issue?

Oh, and this is a question for people who are far into the game... have you had to do any grinding to get past any areas? Or are you just fighting and moving on?

I haven't had to do any grinding so far and haven't lost a single battle yet, but I'm only through the first day so I don't know how bad the difficulty ramps up later.

Log4Girlz

My incredibly handsome hero

oic6vzp.jpg

Top Bottom