• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Megasoum

Banned
Whhhattttt thheeee fuuucckkkk....

Every time I play the game, the moment I meet Butters and get the first quest the drivers for my front panel USB ports die... I need to reboot my pc to fix them. It always happen exactly at the same point.

DukeBobby

I've been taking my sweet ass time with this game. Exploring every nook and cranny, looting everything, hitting and farting on everyone I see.

I just love it. If this is not in my top 10 by the end of the year, I'll be very surprised.

Andrew.

Banned
I'm putting this next to Riddick as the two best licensed games based off of a movie or TV show

"You know you can die from a titty twister?"

I really enjoyed your review. It was way better than the spoiler-ridden reviews of IGN and Rev3 (not that that's hard, haha, although I usually like Rev3).

Anyway, my retail copy arrived today. So now I have two copies as well. That's how much I love this game, haha.

Why would anyone need two copies of time cop?

asdad123

This game is just awesome lol. Feels like you're playing an episode. It also runs buttery smooth at 2560x1600 on my rMBP 13.

Is there anyway to use a paired PS4 Controller with this? (My PS4 controllers at home right now so I cant attempt to).

quest

Not Banned from OT
Could not hold out for a sale. Used some amazon reward points and got the game tonight. Can't wait for thursday when it arrives!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuart444

Ok i found the trick you need to watch the circle with the line in it you need to search the frequency with left and right and then just hold that frequency(get the line to spike like crazy) and you are done. just an incredibly bad explanation because i thought you just had to press left and right when the game indicates it.

How do you do this on PC? Since there is no sticks, it's just A and D (and left mouse button to hold...)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Holy shit this game is awesome. Didn't expect it to be this good.
Ps3 digital version btw. It runs perfectly fine and only stutters for 1-2 seconds during quick-save.

Edit: buying the US-Version was a good decision, lol.

Corsick

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Question is no longer relevant.

Just want to say though, the game feels INCREDIBLY authentic and true to the show. Great job Obsidian!

DryvBy

How the far they've come...

lNiM1pS.jpg

Dicer

Banned
Awesome game is awesome...

Just a heads up for the Linux crowd, you need to a "winetricks d3dx9_36)" otherwise it'll only give you a black screen after the company logos...

I really enjoyed your review. It was way better than the spoiler-ridden reviews of IGN and Rev3 (not that that's hard, haha, although I usually like Rev3).

Anyway, my retail copy arrived today. So now I have two copies as well. That's how much I love this game, haha.

First off thank you! Secondly... yeah that irritates the SHIT of out me. This game should be spoiler free as possible going in. At to see that reviews blatantly just spoil stuff for the sake of showing it off, etc... Just so annoying. I was able to cover everything just fine and showcase the bare minimum still. People need to experience this one as fresh as possible.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm living in Australia, where is the best place to order the PS3 US version from? (I've never imported an alternative format before).

Headhunter

Neo Member
I couldn't believe it the first place, when I heard, they making a South Park RPG. I thought this must be crap!

But this game. It just nails it. This is South Park as we know it from TV, but you can actually play it. Graphics are just like the TV show, the humor is always spot on. I love it.

Combat especially is very well done. At first it seems simple and boring, but wait till you get some powers. Then it's just fun. And like a real RPG, buffs, debuffs, counter moves, exploit enemy weaknesses and so on.

Obsidian just did a hell of game. Go get it!

Best game of the year so far for me.

Any fan of South Park throughout its 17+ year run will find something endearing to takeaway from this game.

Having been there since "Cartman gets an Anal Probe", this game feels like a monument to the entire series and what it stands for, distilled to its purest form.

I love
just hanging around in homes with the TV on, listening to the Terrance and Philip broadcasts. Another great place to loiter would be the Cinema; those Rob Schneider/Adam Sandler trailers crack me up to no end. Lastly, certain areas which play back some of the greatest hits from the series like "Sexual Fantasy" and "Christian Rock Hard" with Cartman also helps to elicit a raucous reaction.

I'm having a blast just exploring the entire city and mingling with its inhabitants that I've yet to advance the plot beyond the first portion. This is truly a magical experience for many of us who grew up with the series and have been ardent viewers since the beginning; this IS the game we've been waiting for.

Can you get the PC version working with a controller?

It works right out of the box with the wired 360 pad, showing the right button prompts and all that good stuff.

SheHateMe

The Grand Wizard Edition is bigger than I thought it was.

I haven't opened it yet (it was a big day for me video game wise) but yeah... it's really nice.

Alex

This game is outstanding, easily the best licensed work of all time, for my tastes. Really surprised by how solid it is all around.

It's also essentially the Paper Mario sequel I'd love to have after Thousand Year Door. Gets it completely and expands upon it, Nintendo needs to stop with the half-assed experimental junk.

Enjoying the game so far, but I really wish there was controller support on the PC, or at custom key binding support.

There is controller support...? I've been playing the PC version with a controller the whole time. Just turned on a 360 pad and it detected immediately like most other multi plats.

Besides the checkpoint system, this game is great.

Yeah, Nintendo needs to hire Obsidian.

Also ran into a bug where it wouldn't recognize my controller after having played the game for like an hour. Had to reload

The Cowboy

Loving the game (it really does look like the show to the last detail), but 1 thing for me is missing.

I would love the ability to craft/combine weapons/armour so you can take the look/style of the armour you like and combine it with the stats/buffs you want.

atbigelow

Decided I'm going to pick this up but not sure for what platform. Got all three available. I prefer PC but I have no desire to fiddle with an xinput wrapper to get good controls available. Brother also wants to play the game and he prefers 360, so I'm leaning that way. Do we know about any performance issues there? Also is it 1080p? Curious and it wouldn't impact my decision if it wasn't.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I was just summing this up to a friend, but this has been gaming perfection (outside of a few hiccups here and there), for me so far. It has all sorts of great feelings wrapped up in one. It has the relaxing feeling of getting on the couch and marathoning one of your favorite shows, but also that awesome feeling of diving into a game, and the cherry on top is the nostalgia of classic gaming and classic south park. GOTY contender for me.

Top Bottom