• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Zukuu

Banned
WTF is up with that
Al Gore boss
fight? I'm already at LVL 14 but he still manages to kick my ass! Argh!!

Looks like I will have to tolerate his facebook spamming for a little while longer

u and me both. in fact, the higher you level, the harder he'll become. The bonus armor is just too much. Stalling him and doing dot damage works, but you can't stay alive against 4 guys. I had success with a freeze + fire sword, so you have 2 turns to heal or only get damage from 2 guys per turn, but I still lost closely (level 10). I'll try him on level 11 again, then I get my new armor with lots of +armor (which also boosts my damage). Otherwise I'll wait till level 14 and do him with the katana, which ignores 500 armor or so by default

you don't need to grind. the enemies scale with your level.

Help. Stuck after you go to sleep the first night of the game.

Yeah...so can't get beyond the clench sphincter anal probe scene. For the life of me can't get through the second probe...been stuck here for about 10 minutes now. Is there anything you can do to skip the scene?

I'm stuck here too. I just physically can't do it. Lowering the difficulty doesn't help either. Really great game up to this point. The jump in difficulty from the first probe to the second is ridiculous, and there's no way around it. Had the same problem with Peace Walker, had to get a turbo controller for that shit on PS3. Don't want to have to get one for the 360 now too.

I'm stuck here too. I just physically can't do it. Lowering the difficulty doesn't help either. Really great game up to this point. The jump in difficulty from the first probe to the second is ridiculous, and there's no way around it. Had the same problem with Peace Walker, had to get a turbo controller for that shit on PS3. Don't want to have to get one for the 360 now too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. This is ridiculous. I physically can't tap the button that fast, does this mean the game is over for me?

Log4Girlz

Huh the probe? That's easy
the really hard matching game is pointless. Fail it twice in a row and you can go on lol

Oh, I was thinking the wrong sequence. I'm able to tap buttons really fast. If its tough, lay your pad on the table and quickly use two fingers, each one darting back and forth.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
My character must be mad constipated, can't ever get anything out.

I really, really hope Ubi uses this tech to make a series of games, this game is spooky in how close to the show it comes. I don't know how they'd have another game in the town that doesn't feel samey but I'm sure they can figure a new setting out.

kevin1025

Banned

I had the same problem as well. I am playing on PC with a Dualshock 4. I did the second prove a good ten or twelve times, and then out of nowhere I spammed the same speed as the other times and it allowed me a little bit of extra time and I completed it. So I guess it just takes time, literally.

I had the same problem as well. I am playing on PC with a Dualshock 4. I did the second prove a good ten or twelve times, and then out of nowhere I spammed the same speed as the other times and it allowed me a little bit of extra time and I completed it. So I guess it just takes time, literally.

Yeah, I just randomly seem to do better sometimes than others. I've gotten about 9/10ths of the way there a couple of times. I'm going to try for another 15 minutes, then I may just be done with the game. Shame, it's really good otherwise.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. This is ridiculous. I physically can't tap the button that fast, does this mean the game is over for me?

Possibly.

Phionoxx

So there is an instance where you have to tap "A" really fast to get further in the game. I can't do it!! I can't tap fast enough! Anyone else have this issue?

Yes I did. I'm playing on PC, using a DS4 for a controller and couldn't press X fast enough to move on with the scene. I had to switch to keyboard and was able to do it that way after 3 more attempts. But as far as I know, there isn't a way to skip that scene until you can press the button fast enough.

lem0n

Bought from Gamefly Digital, installing as we speak. First game I've bought off of hype alone in a long time. I do love South Park and have a ultra twisted sense of humor so here's hoping! Got a Mountian Dew, new controller batteries, and a day off tomorrow. Gonna binge, methinks

Tirod

For anyone on PS3 having trouble with "mash the button" sequences, don't press the button in question. Slide your finger across it rapidly. I slide starting from lower diagonal left to upper diagonal right and then back and forth repeatedly. It's much faster this way.

This might work for a 360 pad too but the button is different from the PS3 as it is...well I forget the proper term, as I'm an idiot, but it's more raised up, and much harder to pull off.

Hope that helps some of you.

Prophezz

Banned
How do I use my pre-order bonus (the Ultimate Fellowship Pack, Necromancer costumer, etc.)?

PS3 version btw. Is it available from the get-go or a certain point?

Tirod

Yeah. That was insane. Use a 360 controller on the PC. Tried the slide my finger on the button technique and finally got it

Good to hear it's possible on a 360 pad as well. :)

I've been doing button mash sequences that way ever since Banjo-Tooie. Fuck Canary Mary Race 2.

u and me both. in fact, the higher you level, the harder he'll become. The bonus armor is just too much. Stalling him and doing dot damage works, but you can't stay alive against 4 guys. I had success with a freeze + fire sword, so you have 2 turns to heal or only get damage from 2 guys per turn, but I still lost closely (level 10). I'll try him on level 11 again, then I get my new armor with lots of +armor (which also boosts my damage). Otherwise I'll wait till level 14 and do him with the katana, which ignores 500 armor or so by default

you don't need to grind. the enemies scale with your level.

I have the sweet katana (which is truly sweet btw), but he keeps healing, negating any benefits you get. I'm giving up for now and continuing with the story

Drake

I had to do it with my controller. It was literally impossible with my keyboard. Glad it's done though.

Tried the button mash part about ten times more and finally pulled it off. Thank god. I honestly didn't think I was gonna be able to do it. They have to patch this to make it easier.

Can anyone help me with this section at the abortion clinic?
I'm supposed to do an operation on Randy, and I can get past the sticking the syringe in the centre part, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do next. The game tells me to turn the left analogue stick counterclockwise but that just results in a game over.

Thief here.

Day 2,
Just infiltrated the new Taco Bell location. My favorite part of that so far was distracting the guards w/sneak fart at the front gate. One of them goes "It smells like...Madonna." Then he starts calling out for Madonna. I lol'd

Really enjoying the game so far. Using a 360 pad and I've been bug free so far. Some slight visual pop-in glitches here and there but nothing that didn't right itself in a second.

Edited for punctuation.

tensuke

I just want to say that this game is incredible. Way way beyond my expectations. I'm loving it so much, got about 5 or 6 hours into it so far. Haven't really looked at the thread because I'm deathly afraid of spoilers, but I'm so glad this was delayed, it really shines. Having a blast playing on PC with DS4, no issues besides occasional character blinking which hasn't happened lately.

edit: For button mashing sequences that use the Xbox 'A' button (X on DS3/4), you can tap that in conjunction with 'S' on the keyboard and do them really quickly.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Thief here.

Day 2,
Just infiltrated the new Taco Bell location. My favorite part of that so far was distracting the guards w/sneak fart at the front gate. One of them goes "It smells like...Madonna." Then he starts calling out for Madonna. I lol'd

The ambient dialogue is hilarious.

Overall the game has some of the best writing in the medium so far, imo.

Well, I gave it one last try before bed, and I made it. I literally just had to pound on the fucking controller and made it at the last second. Hopefully they make some kind of easier option on this shit, I was looking forward to replaying the game. Oh well, at least I can continue on now.

Bah well that kind of sucks. If it has no effect maybe its something that could be addressed in a future update?

I really hope so. It feels like somethings wrong with it. Some attempts seem a lot easier than others. And the difficulty gap between the two levels is a joke. The first one you press the button a few times and success, you have to try to fail. And the second one nearly gave me a heart attack trying to press the button so damn fast.

Ploid 3.0

I do have to wonder what they were thinking with these "tutorials/minigames" especially since they have no bearing on how the moves are actually used. That wouldn't be so bad I suppose if it wasn't for the fact that they are not fun at all and are quite frustrating. I'm actually glad it isn't just me. I failed the first farting tutorial about 8 times and I felt like an idiot.

First mod, remove the tutorials.

kevin1025

Banned
Well, I gave it one last try before bed, and I made it. I literally just had to pound on the fucking controller and made it at the last second. Hopefully they make some kind of easier option on this shit, I was looking forward to replaying the game. Oh well, at least I can continue on now.

Glad you made it. Yeah, it's pretty nuts how it became a major pediment for a lot of us.

Yeah, the button mashing parts in this game is ridiculous. I got the
probe
part right the first time, but I can't do the toilet one. This game is bringing back bad memories of Mario Party, and MK's Test Your Might.

winstano

Has anyone gotten
Chef or Mackey's
po box keys? I finished the game and completed all side quests and never got them....

Chef's is in the school cafeteria behind the door on the right, Mackey's is in the storage locker somewhere I think, in a box

Dub117

Has anyone about halfway through got past
Kim kardashians bitch ass fetus? Giving me hell. Keeps reviving the fucking cord. Any tips?

Just beat it took me 16 hours. Being a huge fan of South Park this game is the greatest game I have every played; the look, references, jokes, and gameplay are all awesome. The only two things I could find wrong with it is that there were no
Marklars or other aliens
and I hit the level cap at 75%-80% into the game so fights became really easy. I was able to collect all the chinpokomon I am glad I was able to there so fun to look at. I really hope that a second game can be made because I think that there is still a lot elements for the show that is only referenced or missing from this game that can be used to make another game.

omg just finished Day 2 Night sequence
HOLY SHIT fighting Underpants gnomes while your parents are fucking on the bed in the background
TadkV.gif

Thats it for me tonight but my god I love this game. I got myself some lvl 11 bow from the elves that has +100 fire damage, gave it +2 bleed as well and its starting to 1 shot enemies with low armor haha

Top Bottom