• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

natertots

What an amazing game. Gives me the urge to watch the show all over again. So many great references to great moments in the shows history.

GOOD GOD, okay, okay, fine I'll buy it. I just paid off Dark Souls 2 and Ground Zeroes, and I figure, you know that's enough for games in March! But these impressions... I just can't resist.

ubernoob

Neo Member
Absolutely fantastic game.

Finished the story, and not disappointed with it at all.

The only thing that's bugging me is
I can't find the last goddamn hobo (at 6/7) and that's the only quest left in my log. I've been running around the city like an idiot.

Lunzio

I can't find the last goddamn hobo (at 6/7) and that's the only quest left in my log. I've been running around the city like an idiot.

I'm going to bet
find the bench by the classic bus stop, then go behind the tree to reveal a hidden path

rjinaz

Did you
get the one in the back of the storage truck? He's somewhat easy to miss.

Log4Girlz

Btw, you can hit an enemy with your ranged weapon before smacking them to start a fight for additional status effect I believe.

I've got something in my front pocket for you

Why don't you reach down in my pocket
And see what it is

Then grab onto it
It's just for you

Giveitalil squeeze and say
"howdya do"

Btw, you can hit an enemy with your ranged weapon before smacking them to start a fight for additional status effect I believe.

Stun em, you get a free turn effectively where they'd do nothing. I've steamrolled many random visible encounters that way.

Oh btw, the summons are just hilarious lol.

GeoramA

Game is awesome. As good a fan service as Simpsons Hit & Run.

Just gotta get used to the battle system. I'm fucking terrible at timing the blocks.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Will just quote myself as it was the last post on the previous page and maybe overlooked.

I'm living in Australia, where is the best place to order the PS3 US version from? (I've never imported an alternative format before).

Oh really? Sweet, going to have to try it out. I didn't see a controller icon on their steam store page and didn't see any controller options in the game menu, so figured it wasn't supported.

It's plug and play with any xinput controller. I've been playing it with a PS4 controller.

Ryne

My South Park Grand Wizard Edition has gone missing.

The post man drop shipped the item on my mom's porch when he wasn't supposed to (it says do not drop ship). No one was home, I don't know why he did that.

My mom and sis came home later, and he came back around to deliver stuff for her, and he asked if she got the other package, which of course she didn't. I got his name and employee number and complained to the supervisor, but I don't think that will go anywhere. I also told BB - I hope I at least get my money back because I am out of an item, the PS3 version.

My South Park Grand Wizard Edition has gone missing.

The post man drop shipped the item on my mom's porch when he wasn't supposed to (it says do not drop ship). No one was home, I don't know why he did that.

My mom and sis came home later, and he came back around to deliver stuff for her, and he asked if she got the other package, which of course she didn't. I got his name and employee number and complained to the supervisor, but I don't think that will go anywhere. I also told BB - I hope I at least get my money back because I am out of an item, the PS3 version.

My condolences man.

I hope you can get a replacement.

Ok it's either a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

Goth kids dance just isn't working for some reason I'm inputting the right things but they keep saying im dancing like a pop star or some shit.

EDIT: PC version playing with keyboard and mouse i assume I'm supposed to use the arrow keys but it just isn't working.

Ok so after getting past the "
Show me your fart
" part, I am now having issues with performing this
squeaker fart that Randy shows me
... Seriously how the fuck do you do this? A D A D A D and nothing really happens/works.

What's worse is getting shown it over and over without an option to skip the demos so I can keep trying -_-

Yeah I'm having the same issue wtf am I supposed to do here? I've tried with a keyboard and a controller but I can't seem to figure it out.

Edit: ah I figured it out. Just need to get the most responsive frequency then the icon will show you when you need to press up to detonate the fart.

Played the game for a good 4 hours, it's pretty fun. There's a few problems on the PS3 version that I encountered.

1) I saw someone earlier mention this, but the auto-saves really screw up the game. Everytime it auto-saves, the game stutters. I got stuck in a few animations, and my character keeps moving in a certain direction until I move them myself. The game auto-saves during screen switches so it's definitely the auto-save that's doing it.

2) I also got stutter in combat, but it only happens when I have a shield on. For example, Butters cast a shield on me and him. When Butters attack the enemy, the game would have a short pause for a second. It screwed me up a few times on button presses in situations like this.

I'm still enjoying the game, but just had to state a few things I noticed on the PS3 version. Right now, I'm just doing a few sidequests before continuing the story.

LAM09

Played the game for a good 4 hours, it's pretty fun. There's a few problems on the PS3 version that I encountered.

1) I saw someone earlier mention this, but the auto-saves really screw up the game. Everytime it auto-saves, the game stutters. I got stuck in a few animations, and my character keeps moving in a certain direction until I move them myself. The game auto-saves during screen switches so it's definitely the auto-save that's doing it.

2) I also got stutter in combat, but it only happens when I have a shield on. For example, Butters cast a shield on me and him. When Butters attack the enemy, the game would have a short pause for a second. It screwed me up a few times on button presses in situations like this.

I'm still enjoying the game, but just had to state a few things I noticed on the PS3 version. Right now, I'm just doing a few sidequests before continuing the story.

I presume you are playing with the patch?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This game is pretty fun.

So much fanservice for fans, too.

Edit: Yeah, I'm playing with the patch on PS3 and I'm getting some frame/stutter issues too when it autosaves.

Edit 2: I had no idea this game had presence data!

rudezqs5b.jpg

Goth kids dance just isn't working for some reason I'm inputting the right things but they keep saying im dancing like a pop star or some shit.

EDIT: PC version playing with keyboard and mouse i assume I'm supposed to use the arrow keys but it just isn't working.

Anyone? I've tried this now maybe 50 times still nothing... really starting to piss me off. Great game otherwise!

Blastoise

Banned
I'm selling all my junk. Is that a bad thing. Should I be keeping things like
the sword of a thousand truths usb drive
etc.

Chris R

The blocking seems kinda off, wondering what could cause that :| Fun otherwise, don't know how far I'll play in my rental, since I'll probably grab it on PC when a sale comes around, dat choppy framerate is a killer on my 360.

Will just quote myself as it was the last post on the previous page and maybe overlooked.

The quote you quoted of yourself doesn't show up here but it was in regards to getting the US PS3 version in Australia

I would recommend making a US PSN account and downloading the game from there.
Basically, to sign up use your real name and email address, but find a real US address on google maps with the right zipcode (I used one in Delaware) and use that as the address (save it somewhere on the off chance you ever need the info).

Look up a site called the card closet and they sell US PSN cards, they're a few dollars more (a $50 card is $54) but worth it imo. Just buy a $50 and a $10 and you'll be set. Should be about $66 USD altogether, though that'll come to more like $75 in AUD...

You need paypal to buy them and I think there can be a hold up if your paypal account is unverified, there was never any issue with mine though. Took a little while the very first time but since then the cards get delivered via email within minutes in PDF format and they've always worked perfectly for me (I did get an itunes card once that didn't work on that site but they sent me a working one immediately). I have about 50+ games on my hard drive and almost all of them are from the US PSN so I've bought cards from that site many many times.

Raw64life

Just played for about 3 hours. Only just got to the school as I've been exploring the fuck out of everything and going out of my way to do side quests. Love it so far but there are quite noticeable frame rate problems on the PS3 version, which strikes me as odd given how this game looks.

Eusis

I'm selling all my junk. Is that a bad thing. Should I be keeping things like
the sword of a thousand truths usb drive
etc.
There seem to be achievements both for never selling everything and selling loads and loads of them. I guess the smart thing to do is hog it all until the end, then take a near-end save and dump it all at once.

Eh, whatever, if I like it enough I'll replay sometime anyway, and I've only ever completed all achievements four times; one was unavoidable (Walking Dead season 1), two were smaller indie games, and one was Dragon's Dogma and I really really liked it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Learning new farts is the most tedious horrible piece of game play I have ever seen...

edit: And after the 20th fucking failure I am about to quit. Let me know when PC version has a mod to bypass this shit.

I'm only watching a LP, but the guy started as a warrior and was only able to buy the warrior starter weapon from Clyde.
So I don't think you can?

You can equip any weapon and armor piece I understand the perks are different but it would have made another play through more interesting.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Anything in this game that involves entering a button combination is a piece of shit.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Game is amazing at delivering everything you love about South Park. Remarkable actually im continually amazed im playing an episode, it feels so weird after 17 years.

Dub117

Learning new farts is the most tedious horrible piece of game play I have ever seen...

edit: And after the 20th fucking failure I quit. Let me know when PC version has a mod to bypass this shit.
I have seen a bunch about this but I had no problem on the 360 version.

Top Bottom