• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

This fucking game.

Just put the controller down after seven hours. Took a break. Going to play for another couple hours into the wee morning.

So bloody good. Ridiculous amounts of service to fans of the show. Solid adventure-RPG. I've laughed too many times to count.

The wait paid off.

deleted

You have got to be fucking kidding me!

We’re sorry to inform you that we are unable to deliver your pre-ordered version of South Park: The Stick of Truth on March 6th as initially planned. The German and Austrian version of South Park: The Stick of Truth contains an unconstitutional symbol which means that we are unfortunately not able to release the game on the German and Austrian market at this time. This concerns all versions/platforms of the game. There is no need to amend or cancel your pre-order. A new release date of South Park: The Stick of Truth for the German and Austrian market will be announced shortly, and we will ensure that your order is delivered to coincide with this new date.

We are extremely sorry for the additional waiting time, and thank you for your understanding.

What was the name of the VPN again?

I used Spotflux.

From gaf user:

This is how you can get it to work using a VPN like spotflux.
1. close steam
2. use vpn
3. open steam, unlock game
4. set steam to offline mode
5. close vpn
6. only start steam in offline mode, play as much as you like

abrack08

A little surprised to see people struggling with the button mashing. I only failed to poop once the very first time, and I passed the
probes
on my first try. You guys aren't trying to mash it out with your thumb are you? I set the controller down on my lap and spam it with my index finger.

Drake

After playing that Anal probe scene I almost wonder if the EU and Australia are lucky they didn't have to play through that.

Can anyone help me with this section at the abortion clinic?
I'm supposed to do an operation on Randy, and I can get past the sticking the syringe in the centre part, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do next. The game tells me to turn the left analogue stick counterclockwise but that just results in a game over.

Anyone?

Log4Girlz

Fuck, I am missing 1, 1 chinpokomon which is story related and I cannot retrieve it
was one of the ones in the school on second floor...door is locked now FUCK

Sad face. Anyway...boy I'm really tempted on another playthrough right away. One of the most entertaining games I've ever played.

So this button spamming is pretty hard? I hope I get through it when I start it up tonight on the 360 pad.

It was definitely a huge problem for me, but I'm not good at button mashing stuff in general. Still there were a couple of different levels to it, and the difference in difficulty between the two cause me to think something is off.

After playing that Anal probe scene I almost wonder if the EU and Australia are lucky they didn't have to play through that.

Ha, that's exactly what I was thinking during my struggle.

webkatt

I have some sort of glitch at the beginning of the game (PSN). After meeting up with Cartman you're asked to defend against some elves. You block the attacks and I cannot do anything. The game isn't frozen as I can hear music and see characters moving.

I cannot input any actions and the game kinda just sits there.

I deleted and and re-downloading to see if that helps.

yatesl

In regards to button mashing, my old techniques of International Track & Field came back to help me!

Watch out for blisters.

Svafnir

Ok how do summons work? I have gotten one now and he said that I have to wait a day to get another?

Is there even a day system in this game... or do I just use it and come back for another immediatly?

-MD-

JRPG players: how does this game stack up?

Same as any other jrpg, walk through enemies until you reach the end.

A little surprised to see people struggling with the button mashing. I only failed to poop once the very first time You guys aren't trying to mash it out with your thumb are you? I set the controller down on my lap and spam it with my index finger.

I've only failed a couple due to my left hand being pretty slow on the W key, when I use my right hand it's easy for me. I don't know how someone would have trouble on a controller though.

saunderez

I have some sort of glitch at the beginning of the game (PSN). After meeting up with Cartman you're asked to defend against some elves. You block the attacks and I cannot do anything. The game isn't frozen as I can hear music and see characters moving.

I cannot input any actions and the game kinda just sits there.

I deleted and and re-downloading to see if that helps.
I got that too on PC. Its supposed to trigger a counter attack. I just reloaded and it didn't happen again.

Kadin

I am having the most bizarre audio issue with this game. I have no clue how the game could do this but it's never happened before and it only happens when I'm playing. I almost feel like the game is trolling me.

Okay here's what happens. At random parts in the game, all of the sudden my audio will cut out completely. I've finally figured out that my actual sound in Windows is getting turned down to 0. I normally keep it around 22. It's happened 3 times so far and I can't figure out what's causing it.

Please tell me someone else has had this happen. Again, I don't know how a game could modify my Windows sound settings, but this is completely new and unique to just this game...

Teknoman

My character must be mad constipated, can't ever get anything out.

I really, really hope Ubi uses this tech to make a series of games, this game is spooky in how close to the show it comes. I don't know how they'd have another game in the town that doesn't feel samey but I'm sure they can figure a new setting out.

Imaginationland maybe? Unless thats already in the game.

bronk

Banned
Has anyone played multiple classes? Do you like any classes over the other? Im wondering which one I should choose. Maybe one with the funniest moveset.

My godlike mgs2 trained button mashing is working wonders.

Where else do you mash out? I have only done it on the toilet and
probes
Im on Day 2 btw, about 4 hours in.

And of course, set the controller down, tense your forearms grip till your arm is almost trembling. And mash from the side of your index finger (like how a pick is held when playing guitar) same motion and everything.

bronk

Banned
And of course, set the controller down, tense your forearms grip till your arm is almost trembling. And mash from the side of your index finger (like how a pick is held when playing guitar) same motion and everything.
This is the gospel right here for button mashing.
Being the best button masher out of everyone I know feels damn good. haha

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
JRPG players: how does this game stack up?
Um, I actually wasn't expecting much so it's deeper than I had expected. It has some stuff like positioning, enemy stances, which enemies you should eliminate first and foremost above all else, buffs/debuffs mattering, etc. Game is easy, of course, but it's nice that there's some thought in the combat.

The game's exploration is really fun. I've been opening everyone's cupboards, destroying all of their wall pots, etc. to get stuff. The menus are neat, and the game's general look is for any South Park fan to enjoy. Customization with respect to cosmetics when you unlock more stuff is decent too.

I'm early on, though, so I guess I'll say more when I get further.

Question about a Quest in the beginning of the game.
How do I defend myself against the pepper spray?
You need to go to Jimbo's shop and buy the mask to avoid the pepper spray

Cess007

Guys, i'm seriously considering buying this game? Does anyone knows how long the game is? I mean, it's 40+ hours like most jRPGs? or more like WRGPs?

Keys

Anyone know if the digital version from the US PSN store have subtitle in other language like italian, french, spanish?

Blablurn

Um, I actually wasn't expecting much so it's deeper than I had expected. It has some stuff like positioning, enemy stances, which enemies you should eliminate first and foremost above all else, buffs/debuffs mattering, etc. Game is easy, of course, but it's nice that there's some thought in the combat.

The game's exploration is really fun. I've been opening everyone's cupboards, destroying all of their wall pots, etc. to get stuff. The menus are neat, and the game's general look is for any South Park fan to enjoy. Customization with respect to cosmetics when you unlock more stuff is decent too.

I'm early on, though, so I guess I'll say more when I get further.

You need to go to Jimbo's shop and buy the mask to avoid the pepper spray

You need to get the gas mask from the gun store.

*edit* b10 like I knew I would be!

cheers, guys! thanks :D

Svafnir

What am I doing wrong. That part where cartman teaches you to do the ranged fart attack... I just can't do it. Hold left click, press a, press d... wont work

-MD-

What am I doing wrong. That part where cartman teaches you to do the ranged fart attack... I just can't do it. Hold left click, press a, press d... wont work

I believe you just hold A long enough for the waves to go crazy and then do the same with D, back and forth until it prompts you to right click.

The combat on hard is surprisingly solid and fun. I'll probably write up my impressions in detail tomorrow, but so far this game is fantastic for what it sets out to do. Only real problems I have are some minor technical niggles and the story being paced a bit too fast in some areas.

UnrealEck

I'm surprised. This game runs on my laptop which has the first generation Intel HD graphics. That's the one that doesn't even have a number after it. Just plain 'Intel HD Graphics'. It barely runs The Walking Dead on it even at 720p.

Milennia

I'm surprised. This game runs on my laptop which has the first generation Intel HD graphics. That's the one that doesn't even have a number after it. Just plain 'Intel HD Graphics'. It barely runs The Walking Dead on it even at 720p.

I said this earlier in the thread but... Its the perfect art style.
Not demanding in the slightest and stays true to concept the entire time.

Top Bottom