• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Bad7667

Think I hit a bug that prevents me from progressing.

Spoiler is after the first time it gets dark.

At the space ship I can't get to the second terminal to help Randy. There is a force field blocking the door.

-MD-

Think I hit a bug that prevents me from progressing.

Spoiler is after the first time it gets dark.

At the space ship I can't get to the second terminal to help Randy. There is a force field blocking the door.

Isn't there a blue button nearby you can use your
teleport power
to reach?

Was anybody working on a mod for regions where every version of the game is censored? Only found out today that unlike Europe, our PC version is still a 'low violence' version on steam.

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I had a quick peruse over some questions and didn't see it answered.

I'm from Australia and am wanting to get my hands on the uncensored version if possible (without VPN stuff).

I was wondering whether it was possible for me to get a friend from America on my Steam list to gift me a copy of the game, and would that work on my end as an uncensored version, or would it just be censored? Or would I get banned for trying?

Thanks!

Darklord

Banned
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I had a quick peruse over some questions and didn't see it answered.

I'm from Australia and am wanting to get my hands on the uncensored version if possible (without VPN stuff).

I was wondering whether it was possible for me to get a friend from America on my Steam list to gift me a copy of the game, and would that work on my end as an uncensored version, or would it just be censored? Or would I get banned for trying?

Thanks!

It's region locked. You couldn't use it. You'd have to import it from the UK but that would take time and cost more money. Not worth it for one scene imo.

subtleglitch

Neo Member
It's region locked. You couldn't use it. You'd have to import it from the UK but that would take time and cost more money. Not worth it for one scene imo.

Ah okay thanks for that. That's a bummer :/ I noticed GMG is selling it with a promotion atm, but it doesn't make mention of the key being a censored version or not. I do take note that the url for my GMG is for au, so I am probably just going to assume they're selling the australian keys :/

Is there any censorship other than the deleted scenes? Cause ive come across dialog (on YT videos), that isn't, or doesn't seem to be, in the steam version. At the character select screen, Cartman said "
Hmm, a white thief, don't see that very often
", when the thief was highlighted, but playing last night on the PC version he didn't say it even after selecting thief a few different times. He also said the same thing about the fighter, and again, it didnt happen when i was playing it

In my opinion start on hard and if it's too tough turn it down to normal.

Hard's been great for me, difficulty wise.

Yeah I should have started on hard. Normal is kind of a breeze.

I know I can change it any time, but I just wanna see how much harder it gets for references sake.

Is there any censorship other than the deleted scenes? Cause ive come across dialog (on YT videos), that isn't, or doesn't seem to be, in the steam version. At the character select screen, Cartman said "
", when the thief was highlighted, but playing last night on the PC version he didn't say it even after selecting thief a few different times. He also said the same thing about the fighter, and again, it didnt happen when i was playing it

I played the Steam version and he said it for the theif.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah okay thanks for that. That's a bummer :/ I noticed GMG is selling it with a promotion atm, but it doesn't make mention of the key being a censored version or not. I do take note that the url for my GMG is for au, so I am probably just going to assume they're selling the australian keys :/

He's incorrect, though admittedly it's a rather messy situation. As far as Steam gift copies are concerned only those from South American, Eastern European and [censored region here] users are region-locked (the former at the activation level, like uncensored retail keys, and the latter two at both the activation and runtime levels [i.e. you'd need, say, a Russian VPN to actually play the game]). Also, the version you receive depends on the version you activate, so if you were to receive a gift copy from anybody outside of Australia/New Zealand/Hong Kong/Singapore/Taiwan/Germany/Austria, it'd be the uncensored version.

Is it just that one anal probing scene cut from the Australian version? I was under the impression it was more than just that, but if not I'll probably just bite the bullet and get it regardless.

spekkeh

Banned
That's lame. I would say the US is way more sensitive on those issues than Europe.

(though it's technically EMEA... Are they actually releasing this in Africa?)

tuna_love

Banned

Thanks!
Just use a vpn and the gift key. Spotflux is good.

Dr Dogg

While I'm enjoying this a fair amount so far, I can't help thinking this is more Matt and Trey's thing than Obsidian's. To be expected though and at least PE is only round the corner. Still loving the combat and the world itself is pure unfiltered South Park, right down to the trash items you find and their descriptions.

Hubble

Is there any difficulty related achievements for completing the game on hard or hardcore? I don't want to look at the achievements for spoilers.

Thanks.

NEO0MJ

Just reached the
Anal probing scene
. Game is hilarious so far. Favorite sidequest yet is the
Battle against the Mongolians.
How far am I into the game?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
In my opinion start on hard and if it's too tough turn it down to normal.

Hard's been great for me, difficulty wise.

Would you also suggest that to someone that doesn't normally play RPGs? With that said I have played Paper Mario and found that fairly easy. How does the difficulty compare to Paper Mario(on both difficulties)?

What a ride sad to see it end....might have to give it another playthrough as the Jew class, clocked in at 13 hours. Didn't finish all the side quests but I'd say easily 75% of them.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I think im near the end of the game, but im wondering if there's a point where i'll be able to return to the town and finish the side quests?

Im in the ass of Mr Slave.

Its very strange though, there's one Timmy's fast travel that i didn't find, one hiding kid and one hobo left, they're all related? I seem to have explored every places thoroughly, except the forest.

Oh and i played as a mage, it does indeed melt faces. I was totally OP for the full game. Soon as you find badges that get you PP per magic hit and health per hit or things like that, you're just unstoppable. Right now i heal 600hp per hit, 5pp per burning hit. Basically if i run low on pp, i just use the burning magic and my pp bar is back to full.

I think im near the end of the game, but im wondering if there's a point where i'll be able to return to the town and finish the side quests?

Its very strange though, there's one Timmy's fast travel that i didn't find, one hiding kid and one hobo left, they're all related? I seem to have explored every places thoroughly, except the forest.

Oh and i played as a mage, it does indeed melt faces. I was totally OP for the full game. Soon as you find badges that get you PP per magic hit and health per hit or things like that, you're just unstoppable. Right now i heal 600hp per hit, 5pp per burning hit. Basically if i run low on pp, i just use the burning magic and my pp bar is back to full.

Yeah you still got a bunch of battles to go, don't worry.

I beat the game. Loved every minute of it. But man I wish it was longer...aside from that everything was of the highest quality.

I played a Thief, and it was a blast. So many cool options and such to make it great. Not very much weapon diversity on the thief side though.

I think I'm gonna replay it a bit more as a mage/jew.

About the end of the game:
After the credits the game continues allowing you to complete some side quests and find collectables.

Timmys fast travel:
The only one that I can think of that would be hard to find is Kyle's backyard, there is also one in Cartman's backyard, other then that they are all around town unless I am forgetting about one.

Kid:
If it is the kid that is hiding behind a bush by a house you have to use the underpants gnome shrinking power to get behind the bush.

Hobo:
There is one missable hobo on the spaceship, if you got him I don't remember all the locations for the other hobo's.

NEO0MJ

Kinda annoyed by the fact that I have to keep the VPN on or else I won't get the achievements. Missed a few because of that. While I don't care for them most of the time I feel that this game might use it cleverly like Portal 2 or Double Dragon Neon.

Not very, still plenty more to see.

Good to know.

Jinjo

Would you also suggest that to someone that doesn't normally play RPGs? With that said I have played Paper Mario and found that fairly easy. How does the difficulty compare to Paper Mario(on both difficulties)?

Normal is supereasy. Easier than Paper Mario. Kinda regret starting on normal myself. Enemies, even bosses are complete pushovers on normal.

As an old-time fan of South Park, this seems to be the game to get. I was a bit wary until I read your impressions, as the South Park games have usually been trash. I am looking at you, South Park 64. And you, whatever the name of that one SP kart game was.

The game feels oddly difficult. It's not too bad but right now if I screw up even one turn then I get stomped. I didn't realize the game scales enemies until I saw the quik look. I did the Mongolian tower right away when I walked past it. I saw Brad do it way later and he and the enemies were all much stronger.

theytookourjobz

Saw someone post on CAG so I followed up and it's on the IGN wiki for the game but not sure of the accuracy because I can't find it anywhere else but I read that there are 3 pieces of DLC planned and they are timed exclusives for 360. Major bummer if true (the timed exclusive at least).

Hah, said I was going to wait until Friday for the official UK release but now I see on Facebook that several people I know are playing it already.

Might be close to unlocking it.

Nokterian

So is the PC version still a go on Steam for the netherlands on march 6th? Because i see in steam no date anymore. I was reading that only germany/austria is delayed...i do hope to play tonight.

Top Bottom