• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

-MD-

I wonder how much extra DLC they plan for this game

I know they said no to dlc a bunch but I hope something is planned. As long as it isn't cosmetic I'll buy it for this game.

Lé Blade Runner;103235468 said:
And you, whatever the name of that one SP kart game was.

Am I the only one that enjoyed South Park Rally? Seems like it sometimes. I was young though, young enough to enjoy South Park 64. I remember Rally being a pretty solid game though.

ElRenoRaven

So I played a bit last night after work. I have to say this game is fun as hell and awesome. It runs smooth as hell on my PC too. As someone who's not a big fan of these types of RPGs I'm actually enjoying this one.

Dario ff

Banned
Only thing I really dislike about the combat system is how the stats grow exponentially like nothing. There is one part of the game where I hadn't entered a single new battle yet, but with two level ups and some new equipment, I went from doing 150 melee hits to doing 1k melee hits. It's very hard to tell when that happens and adjusting your strategy to it, and it feels like old gear becomes useless too quickly. Paper Mario had a far more elegant and easy to follow solution to the stats system. The stats curve here is way too exponential.

Other than that, the game's very awesome, and I'm taking my sweet time with it.

On another note, I wonder if the game's stats are in actually easily modifiable files that it'd be possible to make the entire stats curve a lot easier to understand. Seems like the game could use some rebalancing.

Tirod

Hi guys sorry if this has been covered but any word about the technical performance of the game on PS3?

Auto-Save renders the game unplayable for 5-8 seconds if going between screen transitions.

When you run (as in the actual action of running) through town quickly and go through screen transitions, you get severe stuttering for ~4 seconds.

That's what I've had frequently on my retail PS3 copy. Everything else has been fine though. No dropped audio or game crashes on my end.

Andrew.

Banned
So 6.5 hours later and I still havent completed the first quest of
delivering letters to Token, Craig and Tweek
. Just taking my time and exploring, completing quests and looting.

Question about Jimbos hunting sidequest:

Do the other creatures appear based on story progression? Ive only been able to beat the dog in the junkyard, but every other spot has no prompts like the area around the school.

At this rate the game is going to last me 20+ hours.

lt519

Started last night, going with the New Jersey Thief. So far hysterical, but simple gameplay. I loved the series so the "junk" you collect makes me crack up. Finding the "Sword of a Thousand Truths" in Randy's bedroom drawer was hysterical. As were all the junk in Cartman's mom's draw.

I highly suggest people read the captions for the junk, hysterical.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
As a thief, it's made no real difference and hasn't been referenced. It's probably the same for the other classes, though maybe Jew gets more.

I got a single comment by Cartman, regarding
being also perfect to take care of the finances of Kupa Keep

I assume that was a jew reference, but it also could have been a standard sentence from him.

Darksol

I hate the Sneaky Squealer at the military base. It is horrible.

Why? It's easy. Squeaker to first two guards, send them to the right, walk right on by. In the next area, squeaker the cop into the van and shoot down the door, trapping him inside, or, just send him far enough right that you can use the probe to transport to the top of the building.

Darksol

Do the other creatures appear based on story progression? Ive only been able to beat the dog in the junkyard, but every other spot has no prompts like the area around the school.

At this rate the game is going to last me 20+ hours.

A couple of them do require you move the story forward a bit. The school one for instance requires
that you get back inside the school and find a room with a bunch of beakers, during a war between the factions. At that time you can fight one of Jimbo's hunts (some sort of microbial bacteria).

But most of them I found outside without too much difficulty.

Is it possible to create more than 1 character at a time (multiple save files/character creation slots/etc)?

My gf and I both plan to play it . . .

Darksol

Just reached the
Anal probing scene
. Game is hilarious so far. Favorite sidequest yet is the
Battle against the Mongolians.
How far am I into the game?

Not too far. Maybe a third of the way.

Hard to say though. I'm already at 15 hours, and I still haven't finished the main quest or side quests (then again, I've been looking for random battles).

Sakura

Just finished it myself. Pretty good game, but I thought the ending was kind of abrupt, and it was a bit shorter than I expected (clocked in at 9 hours). I wasn't exactly rushing through, had 76 friends (not sure what max is) and 20/30 chinpokemon without really looking much for them. I hope they make another one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This game is fucking great. I love just walking around the world.

Butters is my bro.

Is it possible to upgrade/replace his weapon? His power attack does almost half the damage of that of my character.

alright, played a few hours of this last night. Playing on the ps3 version, and so far the game is great. only complaint i have is FPS drop in some areas, mainly when walking around town.
While this game does a lot of things well, I have been most impressed with the music. Of all the things I thought would be great about a south park game, the amazing music was the last thing i expected to impress me. it sets a perfect mood of an epic make believe journey that only a 10 year old can experience.

I just started the game and it's awesome, but I'm having a few weird issues with it (playing PS3 digital version).

Once it seemed to kind of get stuck (didn't freeze up completely, I could still pause the game and load the last checkpoint) during a fight. I just beat a few enemies and learned the basics of combat, but now there's one enemy left (elf sentinel or something like that) and I select my rogue's dagger (everything but that one weapon is blacked out and unable to be used) but there's a red circle with a line through it like a no smoking sign over the only weapon I can choose, and it's pointed at my own character instead of the enemy who is also blacked out.

The only thing that I seem to be able to do besides pause the game is press O to unequip the weapon but I don't appear to be able to actually use it on the enemy or select anything else. Is this a weird bug or am I actually missing something obvious?

Playing with the 14mb patch installed

This game is fucking great. I love just walking around the world.

Butters is my bro.

Yeah I had a great time just hanging out with him and exploring South Park. I love farting in front of him. So many good responses. It's also fun to fart in front of parents.

NeededSleep

The ui in the characher menus is fucking horrible and unresponsive, also some slow downs in town, along with a weird movement bug that occasionally only lets me go up and down.

Other than the bugs. The game is fantastic! Its what ive always wanted out of a south park game. The amount of refrenced material all over the game world to episodes is absolutely amazing! The voice acting and script is right out of the show <3

Im only about 4 hours in and having a blast. Couldnt stop laughing at some of the weird shit that happens when you open a house door sometimes.

Also <3 Butters. I dont want to put another person on my team because he is such an awesome character. The text you get from his parents are so fucking wrong lol.

LiK

I'm playing on 360 and I agree it does feel touchy at times during combat in the menus and in the character stats screen. It definitely sounds like it's better on PC but everything else is fine.

I'm playing on 360 and I agree it does feel touchy at times during combat in the menus and in the character stats screen. It definitely sounds like it's better on PC but everything else is fine.

Yeah, I feel like sometimes I'm pressing the A button to counter at the right time, but the game isn't picking it up. Feel like I have to press it earlier than I should have to to actually counter correctly.

misho8723

Banned
I'm not even a fan of the show, but man, i'm so enjoying this game.. higly addictive.. good RPG mechanics, which are simple, but on Hardcore difficulty you must use everything you have in inventory, and think smart.. its funny (the alien ship sequence didn't bother me), crazy enemies, crazy attacks, the artstyle is 1:1 to the show, etc.. obviously i dont get all the references, but who cares, when the game is very good on itself... i just love games from Obsidian
P.S. the PC version is totally fine

rjinaz

I'm not even a fan of the show, but man, i'm so enjoying this game.. higly addictive.. good RPG mechanics, which are simple, but on Hardcore difficulty you must use everything you have in inventory, and think smart.. its funny (the alien ship sequence didn't bother me), crazy enemies, crazy attacks, the artstyle is 1:1 to the show, etc.. obviously i dont get all the references, but who cares, when the game is very good on itself... i just love games from Obsidian
P.S. the PC version is totally fine

I can't imagine what it would be like playing this game not knowing certain references like the
Penis Mouse
. If the game seems bizarre to a fan like me, it must seem at least doubly bizarre to you haha

Andrew.

Banned
I can't imagine what it would be like playing this game not knowing certain references like the
Penis Mouse
. If the game seems bizarre to a fan like me, it must seem at least doubly bizarre to you haha

I havent watched the show regularly in years so I'd say a good chunk goes over my head even though I still find it entertaining and fun as hell. No idea what the
Penis Mouse
is though, but it's cool.

If anything, the game is making me want to rewatch seasons I totally missed out on.

Im loving this game right now. It reminds of Beavis & Butthead on the Genesis is some ways.

That being said I now want a Beavis & Butthead game made by this exact team. Even if it was just a reskin.

Mask

I've been playing a buddy's steam copy, and I REALLY want to get this on PS3 instead.

Just one question. I'm in the UK, so retail is a no-go for me. Is the US PSN download version uncensored?

This wouldn't be the first PS3 game I've downloaded from the US PSN store, Dragon's Crown being the first.

Top Bottom