• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Bloodsent

yea, I noticed that as well.

Keep in mind that input lag for this type of game is a big deal, due to the timed counters, power attacks, and magic. While most of the stuff I had still been playing on the 360 was Lego games for the kids, I had to move my Xbox 360 to a direct input into the TV for this game due to the lag making proper blocking difficult.

Chitown B

10003901_10152182184072039_1998008293_n.jpg

:) Didn't get a chance to play last night, because I am finishing up Dark Souls.

rawktapus

Just lost to
Al Gore. Any tips? the secret service men he summons are mean as fuck.

i abused speed potions and any abilities that let me stun.

I also think a quest may have glitched on me. Anyone seen this? Relatively early.
Jimmys magic flute quest; i go to the farm and when the cutscene starts Jimmy wont stop stutteribg and I dont get the prompt to skip.

Peff

I also think a quest may have glitched on me. Anyone seen this? Relatively early.
Jimmys magic flute quest; i go to the farm and when the cutscene starts Jimmy wont stop stutteribg and I dont get the prompt to skip.

4xjyO2J.jpg

It takes one-two minutes but it ends eventually.

Trigger

Just lost to

It's all about speed potions and status affects. I'm playing mage class so Kenny and I kept Gore's party burning, puking, and bleeding for most of the fight.

I think I may embark upon an epic South Park rewatch after finishing Stick of Truth. All those little touches and references to great moments in the series history. It's like a greatest hits of South Park. It's the Easter Egg that doesn't stop giving.

Darksol

Same thing happened to me. I just held circle even though I didn't get the prompt and it moved on fine.

Edit: Ah, it wasn't a glitch afterall? Lol ^_^

I pretty much explored the entirety of the town immediately after leaving the tutorial area. Having a blast so far. I love all the references to SP lore in this game, particularly the loot and the contents of people's closets :)

LiK

Keep in mind that input lag for this type of game is a big deal, due to the timed counters, power attacks, and magic. While most of the stuff I had still been playing on the 360 was Lego games for the kids, I had to move my Xbox 360 to a direct input into the TV for this game due to the lag making proper blocking difficult.

I'm gonna try putting my TV into Game Mode to see if it helps. I don't have issues with timing after the first attack. I usually miss the first one. I never miss with people like Butters or using my abilities.

G-Bus

Banned
Picked this up on steam last night and got a couple hours in. So good.

Never used a 360 controller on my laptop before. Plugged it in, it automatically installed a driver. I hit the Xbox button and the light just flashes. Can't seem to get the controller to work?

winstano

I can't even get to that point, I don't know where the barn key is! Any idea?

SheHateMe

It's probably been found plenty of times by now, but the feeling of finding
the Antonio Banderas Love Doll
while playing the PS3 version has me cracking up.

This game is awesome so far. Matt and Trey really wrote a beautiful love letter to their fans with this one.

I pretty much explored the entirety of the town immediately after leaving the tutorial area. Having a blast so far. I love all the references to SP lore in this game, particularly the loot and the contents of people's closets :)

Ooo, I can't wait for that.

Do new references/things pop up as the plot progresses (without spoilers?)

I don't usually like exploring the entire world at the start of the game because I enjoy the surprise of new locations, but if it's constantly changing then I might do the same.

What do I do if I don't get the picture from Randy? I mean, I didn't get the quest item...
I cant make ally with goths without it. Someone help me out.........

Andrew.

Banned
When is the trophy for joining the KKK supposed to pop? I would've thought it would've happened after choosing your class and that first tutorial battle before you're able to hit the streets.

What do I do if I don't get the picture from Randy? I mean, I didn't get the quest item...
I cant make ally with goths without it. Someone help me out.........

Hmm, I got the picture, but I think I needed to switch back to goth clothes when talking with the goth kids to get it to work. Maybe you need to try that?

Soooo given that the UK pc version no longer seems to have a set release date I decided to unlock the game via Spotflux.

I managed to successfully unlock the game but then it decided to start downloading an update that was estimated at 2-3 hours. Is this Steam decrpyting the game or is it actually downloading an update as I didn't have the time to leave it running.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've never preloaded anything on Steam before.

GoodlifeX

When is the trophy for joining the KKK supposed to pop? I would've thought it would've happened after choosing your class and that first tutorial battle before you're able to hit the streets.

I wondered about this too. You don't get it till the end of day 1.

Jim

Just lost to

He's a pain in the ass
on hardcore... made sure to block the initial 2 attacks from the Global Warming powerpoint. Used speed potions, and bled him with the Circum-Scythe x 2, used speed potion for Jimmy, and attacked x 2. When secret service shows up, weaken them all with Brown Note/Pestilence and put them to sleep with Jimmy's other ability. Then focused on Al, then the SS afterwards.

theytookourjobz

Rented the disc based version from Redbox and just bought the digital version from PSN. Game saves are gone (I used PS+ cloud saving too). Pretty big bummer so heads up to anyone looking to do the same.

Real Hero

No idea but the store page only lists 'March' as the release date, not 'March 7th' as it did before. I guess it's related to the Swastika issue in Germany?
Yeah I noticed that too, was expecting to play Friday but tempted to figure out how to unlock it now if its possibly delayed.

No idea but the store page only lists 'March' as the release date, not 'March 7th' as it did before. I guess it's related to the Swastika issue in Germany?

Yeah I noticed that too, was expecting to play Friday but tempted to figure out how to unlock it now if its possibly delayed.

Oh wow, I noticed that earlier but didn't think anything of it.

If it turns out that we're getting a delay too then I'll just unlock it straight away - was only waiting for Friday for some silly reason anyway.

Rented the disc based version from Redbox and just bought the digital version from PSN. Game saves are gone (I used PS+ cloud saving too). Pretty big bummer so heads up to anyone looking to do the same.

Demon's Souls was like this too IIRC. The saves are not compatible between disc and download versions for whatever reason.

Stuart444

How do you get to
Canada?
Got to go there due to Story but can't get
past rats
which I assume you need to get past to get there.

Top Bottom