• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

FrankWza

Gonna pick this up soon, looks awesome. Any story implications to picking the Jew class over others, or just gameplay/visuals?

The weapons are also related to class and some auto - upgraded costumes are too. Plus...it's Jew class. I went jersey jew

.nimrod

I bought the PC version off greenman and tried to unlock it via spotflux (i'm in germany) since it appears to work fine for other folks but i get this:

JUY2xlG.png

Am i fucked for now or is there something i can do about this?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, do I just sell all junk for money or...?

Junk is tied to two achievements (one for not selling any and another for selling 300 items), but other than that, as far as I can tell, it's of no concern.

I bought the PC version off greenman and tried to unlock it via spotflux (i'm in germany) since it appears to work fine for other folks but i get this:

JUY2xlG.png

Am i fucked for now or is there something i can do about this?

You bought a German key and the German subs are region-locked at the runtime level. You have to wait until the game unlocks.

Nokterian

So why doesn't have a date anymore on PC i am in the netherlands and i do hope it is being released tonight. Since we are not germany.

Downloaded the day 1 patch and immediately got a message that it was corrupted and it needed to be deleted. Then played for 10 minutes and came across the glitch where the battle in Cartman's backyard would just stop progressing with the enemies doing nothing. Not a great first impression :(

Welp, bought it off of GMG as well. Only 30€, which is 25€ cheaper than the PS3 version. Pre-loading as we speak. It'll unlock tomorrow, so I still have to wait a bit.

JaseC

You can probably do both achievements on the same run.

Yeah, I had the same thought...

...after I'd already sold some, haha. Not to worry, though, as I'm generally not fussed about achievements.

Balls, that really sucks now with the delayed release. I should've waited for the inevitable sale

Alternatively, you should have bought an uncensored key from Nuuvem. ;)

.nimrod

Alternatively, you should have bought an uncensored key from Nuuvem. ;)

Well it's not like i bought the gimped version on purpose ;)
I usually buy from GMG to circumvent the german steam store, but i guess i'll have to look into nuuvem.

Man, i'm totally bummed now

One thing I would really like to see patched is in regards to some missing dialogue in some of the side-quests when you find the item before being given the quest.

Mr. Slave side-quest spoilers:
I found Mr. Slave's package in the post office before I found Mr. Slave. When I eventually found him, he just thanked me for getting it for him. I feel like I missed some dialogue where he explains why he needed it.

It's not game-breaking, but I feel like they should give you the quest introduction first and then thank you for turning it in afterwards.

Grief.exe

I know this doesn't mean much, but the game is still #1 in the Top Sellers section of Steam.

Beating out that Indie/Survival trifecta of DayZ, Rust, and Banished no less.

Well it's not like i bought the gimped version on purpose ;)
I usually buy from GMG to circumvent the german steam store, but i guess i'll have to look into nuuvem.

Man, i'm totally bummed now

Sorry man, I would be bummed too.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Got my delivery confirmation for Thursday. Can't wait to play this game was going to wait but damn you guys got me hyped.

Dipper145

As a canadian my favourite part was definitely canada, The whole game was pretty hilarious though.

I do have a question, after beating the game
and going to finish off some quests i got stuck in the school after killing something for jimbo, and now it seems like theres no way out of that area after doing so, can't get back into that vent I dropped down from, and I cant break the gate from the other side of it, can't exit the way you left before because the room near the end is locked
I mean I kind of have a save just before it anyway, so its not a big deal, but it sucked being stuck there.

Loved this game though, pretty much like playing a long south park movie.

Ferrio

Banned
Spoilers after the first day
The poking fun at audio logs in video games was great. Nailed it why those things suck so much.

UnrealEck

Why do I never have mana in battle? I can never use those fart spells. Do you need to eat something to recharge it?

Yes you eat food. I'd reccomend going wild with the food. Eat whenever you need it, don't squander it because it's plentiful as is the money to buy it.

jrcbandit

Spoilers after the first day
The poking fun at audio logs in video games was great. Nailed it why those things suck so much.

Yeah, I agree. Also, I was wondering
One of the audio logs mentions a locked cabinet with a code. Where was this?

JaseC

Do the keys from Nuuvem work in europe? Says it's region locked, but can that be circumvented the usual way?

As you're in Europe it'll only require a VPN to activate if you're in Germany or Austria in particular. The region-lock notice is mostly a misnomer; Nuuvem is just coverings its arse after the Saints Row 4 fiasco.

Jim

Why do I never have mana in battle? I can never use those fart spells. Do you need to eat something to recharge it?

I've played through the entire game on hardcore and didn't even bother with mana or fart magic. I sort of wish it recharged at least when you leveled up.

As you're in Europe it'll only require a VPN to activate if you're in Germany or Austria in particular. The region-lock notice is mostly a misnomer; Nuuvem is just coverings its arse after the Saints Row 4 fiasco.
So a code from Nuuvem will work right out of the gate then? Now to figure out when it's released in Sweden since it just says march 2014 on Steam now.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, I agree. Also, I was wondering
One of the audio logs mentions a locked cabinet with a code. Where was this?

They were making fun of bioshock, where to unlock some areas had to find a log with the code. The recorders even looked exactly the same as the ones in Bioshock.

Don't forget, Oscar nominated for music in a movie as well.

The style though is pretty different between what they won awards for and what's in this game.

Durante

I've never used a VPN to activate anythign on Steam before, is it a one-time thing? That is, do I only need to use the VPN once to activate the game and can then play VPN-less?

Also, if I buy a GMG key, do they already send it and will it activate now via proxy?
Fake edit: wait, I get an Austrian key if I buy from GMG? WTF.

Durante

Yes, it's a turn based rpg, but it's not a jrpg if it's not from Japan
JRPG is a genre name, not a region designator. Consult one of the 15 million threads we had on the subject, and be convinced by the flood of arguments proving how silly it is to make genre names region-bound.

CrazyDude

JRPG is a genre name, not a region designator. Consult one of the 15 million threads we had on the subject, and be convinced by the flood of arguments proving how silly it is to make genre names region-bound.

Turn based gameplay didn't originate in Japan.

JaseC

I've never used a VPN to activate anythign on Steam before, is it a one-time thing? That is, do I only need to use the VPN once to activate the game and can then play VPN-less?

You'll also need to use a VPN if you wish to play the game now*, but otherwise yes.

* An alternative to leaving the VPN running while you play is to switch to Offline Mode and then kill the VPN. Since Steam has no active connection to the internet while in OM, the "Play" button will not revert back to "Pre-load".

Also, if I buy a GMG key, do they already send it and will it activate now via proxy?
Fake edit: wait, I get an Austrian key if I buy from GMG? WTF.

Yeah, since GMG has region-specific storefronts not unlike Steam it's required to sell the appropriate version. Grab a key from Nuuvem.

Ah yes I'm always ready for another one of these, happy to know based Durante is on my side
But it should probably be nipped in the bud before it gets out of hand, like it always does.

Dario ff

Banned
Has anyone figured out what's the extent of the level scaling of the enemies on this game? What fights does it apply to?
I checked a bunch of Al Gore boss fights and it seems to adapt to the player's level pretty accurately.

Top Bottom