• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

LAM09

No, but you can create a US account, redeem them, and then use the DLC content under your EU account.

I am doing the same thing, but I haven't imported a game before. Will the trophies be linked to my EU account if I play it on that?

Sanctuary

Why does the basement area have better dungeon music than Diablo 3...

Speaking of Diablo in general, two of the themes in this game made me think of the Tristram theme from Diablo 2 (while not really being as complex). But then some of the music on the show made me think of the Terran music from the original StarCraft.

Trigger

Beat the game and I'm pretty satisfied with the experience. The only real complaint I have is how easy it was, but everything came together very well.

Valnen

PC version can be played at 1080P and runs better.

I know, but I'm wondering how much that actually matters for this game. Does the game have bad performance issues on consoles? And I imagine you won't really notice the resolution difference in a 2D game of this art style. I wish there were demos so I could test the difference for myself.

Hasney

Just had invisible enemies and the game hung when they went to attack me. Oh Obsidan, you never fail to disappoint with your quality control.

I know, but I'm wondering how much that actually matters for this game. Does the game have bad performance issues on consoles? And I imagine you won't really notice the resolution difference in a 2D game of this art style. I wish there were demos so I could test the difference for myself.

Playing on a friends PS3 copy while I wait for the PC one and the framerate stutters to a crawl so often to become annoying. I'm talking several second bursts of like 5fps here and I've heard similar things about the 360 version.

I don't believe it's fixed on the PC entirely, but it mitigates it somewhat.

Sanjuro

Completed every quest except the "find the kindergärtners" one, 5/6 so far, cant for the life of me find the last one.

I found the last one near Stark's Pond in far right corner.

Loving this game so far. By biggest fear on trading in my last-gen consoles was not being able to play this game. Thankfully, it runs on about anything on PC.

Bless the Mormons.

Valnen

Playing on a friends PS3 copy while I wait for the PC one and the framerate stutters to a crawl so often to become annoying. I'm talking several second bursts of like 5fps here and I've heard similar things about the 360 version.

That's...odd. That almost sounds like a bug, I can't imagine this game being very taxing on hardware. I guess I'll wait and see if the game gets any patches and then select my platform down the line. If need be I'll buy it on PC but I was hoping it would be fine on PS3 so I could play it at a friend's place.

Jesus christ. That sounds horrible with how much of the game takes place in town.

I've not had any issues like that on the PC version.

Yaska

You don't necessarily need a vpn to play this once unlocked through a vpn if you're in EU. Just need to start the game from the folder, and the game launches fine with Steam in online mode, just that the friends list won't show you ingame (the overlay still works) and I doubt you get achievements.

Dario ff

Banned
I haven't played the PS3 version (and I haven't seen if it's actually 720p or 1080p), but here's some PC shots in comparison (720p vs 1080p), both scaled to 1080p so you can see how it'd look on a native screen.

screen720prwbqi.png

screen1080p7cy83.png

The textures of this game are very high resolution and scale very well. The quality increase is even noticeable at 1440p (Here's a native shot of that as well).

FrankWza

Just had invisible enemies and the game hung when they went to attack me. Oh Obsidan, you never fail to disappoint with your quality control.

i would look into that. either corrupted data, not enough hdd space or that ps3 is on its way out.

Valnen

I haven't played the PS3 version (and I haven't seen if it's actually 720p or 1080p), but here's some PC shots in comparison (720p vs 1080p), both scaled to 1080p so you can see how it'd look on a native screen.

The textures of this game are very high resolution and scale very well. The quality increase is even noticeable at 1440p (Here's a native shot of that as well).

Thanks so much! This is a great help and exactly what I was looking for. The difference seems mostly noticeable in the character on the screen for me, as well as some objects such as the mailbox.

i would look into that. either corrupted data, not enough hdd space or that ps3 is on its way out.

Yeah, that doesn't sound normal to me or it's just a PS3 version thing. I'm playing on the 360 with the game installed and while I notice some stutters here and there it really doesn't bother me in the slightest. I notice it most when auto saving or running quickly through a screen transition. Everyone's different with that kind of stuff though. I've never seen the game stutter to a crawl though.

Hasney

Really? I've seen it mentioned quite often, there's even a video of it that I'll see if I can dig up.

EDIT: Can't find the video, but it's noted in the Kotaku review and here: http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/03/five-things-know-south-park-stick-truth/

I'll try using some diagnostic thingies in safe mode, but everything else I've played recently has been fine.

So, need some help...

Stuck on the space ship, need to save Randy. There appears to be an alien dancing in a room that I cant get into. Any ideas?

FrankWza

Really? I've seen it mentioned quite often, there's even a video of it that I'll see if I can dig up.

EDIT: Can't find the video, but it's noted in the Kotaku review and here: http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/03/five-things-know-south-park-stick-truth/

I'll try using some diagnostic thingies in safe mode, but everything else I've played recently has been fine.

i definitely heard there were issues but not what youre experiencing. some people even had corrupt save files and a fresh install fixed it. try reinstalling and take it from there. but it should not be under performing to the point that its annoying.

Dr.Acula

Banned
The save system is so counter productive. I'm repeating content over and over and it is turning me off the game. I was hoping I could play with just a random hour to spare here or there but there are time where im spending 10 minutes of it repeating past moments.

I find myself playing for an extra few minutes just to get to a point where it autosaves, because the hard-saving doesn't seem to work.

MESSAGE TO THOSE POSTING SPOILERS.

Some posters are being much too vague.

I got to the part where
spoiler.

Is an example of a bad use of the tag.

I got to the part at the end of day one, at night where
spoiler.

Or

I did the Al Gore quest and at the end
spoiler.

Is better.

FrankWza

I find myself playing for an extra few minutes just to get to a point where it autosaves, because the hard-saving doesn't seem to work.

MESSAGE TO THOSE POSTING SPOILERS.

Some posters are being much too vague.

I got to the part where
spoiler.

Is an example of a bad use of the tag.

I got to the part at the end of day one, at night where
spoiler.

Or

I did the
Al Gore
quest and at the end
spoiler.

Is better.

unless you dont know he is in the game at all or if he is involved in different segments of the game. but i know what you mean. ive seen a few that are just a black sentence.

Xater

Finished the game in 9 hours and did only not do 3 sidequest and didn't get all collectibles. I loved every minute of it though. I'll take shorter RPGs any day if they have such an awesome pace to them.

Quick question, still pretty early on in the game I guess:

At the end of day one during the
UFO sequence,
I found an
audio log detailing a power-up being left in a locker somewhere which should open with the code 776. I finished the sequence but didn't find that locker. Was it on the UFO or is it something I'll run into later?
I thought I looked everywhere.

FrankWza

Finished the game in 9 hours and did only not do 3 sidequest and didn't get all collectibles. I loved every minute of it though. I'll take shorter RPGs any day if they have such an awesome pace to them.

no grind no traveling. cuts out a ton of wasted time.

No Love

Banned
Damn... I wanted to go pick up the physical version of this but found it only activates through UPlay. Fuck you Ubisoft!!

yatesl

At this point I'm going to have completed the game before it's even officially out this Friday.

I'm still paranoid Steam are going to ban me, though. Worth it!

Sorry if this has been asked but what the heck is going on with the UK PC release? I've not received any word back from GamePointsNow and I was hoping to pre-load it for Friday's release.

theytookourjobz

how the hell do i get through the
part where Randy is training you to fart in the bathroom of the community center? what am i doing wrong? i keep failing

No Love

Banned
The game does not require U-Play. I don't know where you got that, but it's incorrect. The game uses Steamworks and, as such, requires Steam.

Just double-checked. You're right. Off to get a physical copy. I want this game on my shelf. <3

Then I just gotta hunt down a Grand Wizard edition for PC too to keep sealed...

scitek

I assume that's because they didn't bother messing with THQ's existing system. I can't imagine it actually signifies they're moving away from Uplay.

BigAT

Anyone happen to have an isolated sound clip of the "Chinpokomon!" exclamation? I was thinking of making it a text message alert.

Top Bottom