• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

It's a bitch. I had to come back three different times before I was finally able to beat that fight.
Those secret service agents fuck you up.

Nope. It's a fight everyone complains about. IMO, it's actually the toughest fight in the game.

I don't consider it a spoiler that he's in the game, I consider it a spoiler that
you fight him.

Son of a...

j/k

Oh wow. But I'm already level 8. should I wait and try again later?

The only problem is
Al Gore is writing facebook messages every five seconds

Edit: Thanks for the help, Sanctuary :)

yatesl

So for the first time in the game, I died! I just got the "New Kid on the Block" achievement, and the
aliens killed me
. I guess I can't just brute force my way through the game by being level 6 already, and have to learn how to block.

RPGCrazied

Anyway to turn off auto saving on PS3? That is the main issue with stuttering, its really bad when auto saving is happening. Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't auto save so much, its literally every screen.

Nokterian

It's now march 6th and the game is not unlocked on steam for at least me in EU. I bought it from GMG and now i think it was a german key or it is uk..i don't know but this fucking sucks.

Denzar

GODDAMMIT STEAM

It's the 6th of march over here. It's been that day for 3 full minutes! Why can't I play the game I paid good money for on the official day of it's release?

Peff

It's delayed Europe-wide with no new date for some reason, hopefully not that they've decided to add the censorship in. It sucks, but at least it's playable with a VPN.

Sanctuary

If you have access to butters's last ability, and you're lucky, it can help tons.

While it's pretty awesome, it's not worth relying on the RNG aspect of that to beat the fight. That's actually the reason I almost beat it on my second attempt, then failed the next eight or so tries. If a person has been looting and questing pretty thoroughly up to that point, they will have what they need to finish the fight
as long as they have some form of stun. Speed potions are amazing too since you get an additional attack. Otherwise, it's just better to wait for Jimmy.

Nokterian

It's delayed Europe-wide with no new date for some reason, hopefully not that they've decided to add the censorship in. It sucks, but at least it's playable with a VPN.

It was only delayed for Germany and Austria but not other country's but this fucking sucks for the rest of the EU like the netherlands and the uk for example.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

But shopto told me this morning that my order had already been dispatched. I should be getting it tomorrow. It can't have been delayed.

Steam said the 6th over here as well. (Belgium)

Ah well. Guess I'll wait another day then.

Imean, it's perfectly possible I could be wrong, but looking at wikipedia and eurogamer's release schedule it says the 7th... So.

http://www.eurogamer.net/releases.php#month=3&year=2014&platform=&=

Edit:

And for further confirmation on the PS3 version, at least:

"South Park – Stick Of Truth (available from 7th March in UK/IRE, 6th March all else)
Price: £49.99/€59.99/AU$89.95
PEGI: 18 Not available in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, Ukraine, UAE
"

Peff

But shopto told me this morning that my order had already been dispatched. I should be getting it tomorrow. It can't have been delayed.

Retail version yes, but if it's PC you won't be able to play until Ubi Soft either sets a new date, fixes whatever mistake cause the unlock date to disappear or activate it with a US VPN. If you ordered the console version, yeah, no problem at all.

Beant

The
Al Gore
fight is hard on purpose, so the
spamming of the facebook wall
actually gets annoying. I have got to say, this is the funniest game i have ever played.

Beat it. Clocked in at around 16-17 hours with all side-quests, all Chinpokomon, and all friends. It was a blast from beginning to end, but something in me wanted more.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wow, so my thief is now a totally useless character....

Even equipped with a level 8 knife, I only do 1 dmg to the Nazis.

It's because they have so much armor and you're using a throwing weapon that has lots of instances of small damage. Don't do that. Use backstab or the X attack with your main weapon.

Sanctuary

You get items that add
fire damage to each attack
. And IIRC,
Zombies are not immune to bleed. Or at least they aren't immune to one of the two dots.

I'm about to start over as a Thief myself.

You get items that add
fire damage to each attack
. And IIRC,
Zombies are not immune to bleed. Or at least they aren't immune to one of the two dots.

I'm about to start over as a Thief myself.
I want to say they're actually weak to bleeding. I went through most of the game just stacking that.

Yeah once those guys started showing up I noticed a lot of the enemies now have armor,
going to have to find some weapons with armor piercing or use fire and bleeds

Loxodon

Neo Member
Did anyone play on hard? I am just before my first playthrough and wondering what difficulty I should choose. I am looking for a challenge but I don't like it if the game is overly unforgiving.

Log4Girlz

When the Fighters gets that stomp fully specced, its fucking powerful.

I started again as a mage. OMG. That fire spell, with a weapon strap-on of getting pp for each fire damage attack (it counts as several it seems)...infinite PP

I LOVE PP

Btw I love how they imply
that there is room for a sequel. Its nothing major, but they do mention they feel Cartman's up to something haha

JustinBB7

Wait.. the EU release on Steam is pushed back again? Wtf. It always said 4th of March, then 6th. Now it has no date for a day now. It's the 6th here but still can't play. I think it was supposed to unlock around 7/8pm on the 6th.

Better unlock at that time, all this fucking bullshit. 30k people are already playing it, reviews are out, yet Europe is fucked over again. They better not censor this too.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
End of day 2 question please?

if I choose Kyle can I still use Butters eg and vice versa? Yes or no is fine no spoilers plz :p

Trigger

Did anyone play on hard? I am just before my first playthrough and wondering what difficulty I should choose. I am looking for a challenge but I don't like it if the game is overly unforgiving.

The game is crazy easy. If you regularly play RPGs than hard it isn't hard at all.

EDIT- And you can change difficulties at any point in the game as well.

Zukuu

Banned
Just as a heads up: Patches that say "deal XX% more 1h/2h-Weapon Damage" are bugged and do not work.

I just tested it with a 2h weapon. Only when an equipment inherently buffs the damage of 1h/2h weapons it works.

Just as a heads up: Patches that say "deal XX% more 1h/2h-Weapon Damage" are bugged and do not work.

I just tested it with a 2h weapon. Only when an equipment inherently buffs the damage of 1h/2h weapons it works.

Do the bow one's work? cause my bow has a 20% patch on it.

Zukuu

Banned
Do the bow one's work? cause my bow has a 20% patch on it.

didn't test bows. I haven't found a weapon patch that states "xx% more damage" yet tho. Only for equipment, which don't seem to work.

Best one for weapon in my damage tests was +35% damage on perfect. Doing over 10k damage on level 15 with my katana.

Top Bottom