• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Trigger

how the hell do i get through the
part where Randy is training you to fart in the bathroom of the community center? what am i doing wrong? i keep failing

There's no trick other than just following the prompts. The
fart training
segments are honestly the worst part of the game. It takes forever.

Finished the game in 9 hours and did only not do 3 sidequest and didn't get all collectibles. I loved every minute of it though. I'll take shorter RPGs any day if they have such an awesome pace to them.

Wow, I've played 8 hours and I'm still on day 2 :D (but already level 8)
How many days are there? I did 2-3 main missions.

What the hell is up with that sequence where
Randy wants to teach you more farts?

I keep trying to do the button prompts, and it keeps failing.

EDIT: And of course, right as I post that, it works. :lol

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
How the FUCK do I (day 2 learning skill)
control my farts like Randy? The instructions make NO sense to me. My fart drifts into the corner every time
I'm frustrated lol

Sanctuary

I just got rolled by
Al gore after trying to unfriend him

Yep. That fight seems completely out of balance at the point in which you can get it (around level 6 - 8). I kept banging my head against the wall after my second attempt where I
killed off all the agents and got Al to 10%, then I died to bleeding. I think I redid the fight close to ten times until I just started stunning his agents so that I could take them out one by one. I also used bleed + gross + broken bottle (if you don't have that, use the darts you get as a reward for the bar quest). Just keep throwing the bottle or darts every round to stack up bleed to x5 on random enemies as well as getting them hit with gross. Another thing that's AMAZING is speed potions. I didn't actually even really use them for that fight either.

Some waited to do that fight until later and just used the Bard to put them to sleep.

How the FUCK do I (day 2 learning skill)
control my farts like Randy? The instructions make NO sense to me. My fart drifts into the corner every time
I'm frustrated lol

That was the only part of the game that I got so fucking fed up with that I watched a video. When they teach you these new skills, they teach you WRONG. They have to do inputs that are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT after you've learned it. Anyway, for that you don't really need it to go
"behind". It needs to land next to the urinal. Just hold down R until the meter is at it's highest frequency (find it with L) then it will notify you when to hit up on R.

Failed that shit 50x no lie, then watched a video and did it on my first attempt.

Finished the game and it follows the show to a T. It's a good thing and a bad thing at the same time.

To those who are complaining about
learning farts: it's about the frequency - move left or right until it changes and you'll get it.

Almighty

Beat the game in 12 hours according to the game and 13 according to Steam. Either way this game was too damn short in my book. So yeah by the time I started to really get into it the game was over. It was well worth the 22 bucks I spent on it. Not worth the $60 they are asking for it though. Anyone who asks me about the game in the future will get it is worth a rent or a buy at a very good deal. I guess while I am at it I didn't mind the combat system, but the ability to use and item and attack in the same turn made it very easy.

Sanctuary

Finished the game and it follows the show to a T. It's a good thing and a bad thing at the same time.

To those who are complaining about
learning farts: it's about the frequency - move left or right until it changes and you'll get it.

Yeah, but they also literally throw in a red herring in the instructions.

For the dudes having trouble controlling the sneak fart in the bathroom...

You just need to get the most responsive frequency, you're controller will vibrate if you're using one, and you'll see the meter go crazy as well, then the icon will show you when you need to press up to detonate the fart.

It took me like 50 tries to get it as well. most annoying part of the game for me.

Fox318

Beat the game. Took me 11 hours and I completed all of the side quests. Well worth $60. Game was fuckin funny, and the battle system was great.

Skyler

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question, still pretty early on in the game I guess:

At the end of day one during the
UFO sequence,
I found an
audio log detailing a power-up being left in a locker somewhere which should open with the code 776. I finished the sequence but didn't find that locker. Was it on the UFO or is it something I'll run into later?
I thought I looked everywhere.
Each
audio log
was only there to take the piss out of other games that use them, nothing more.

Andrew.

Banned
All this talk about the difficulty in farting has me a bit anxious. I know Ill be hitting that part tonight. Hopefully it doesnt give me much trouble.

Xater

Wow, only 3 days? :/
Also, I don't think there's any replay value. It's a great game though.

No it's probably not the most replayable game, but I see it as a playbale version of a South park season. I have no complaints with the 22 bucks I paid for it. Had I paid full price my opinion might have been a bit lower.

Peff

All this talk about the difficulty in farting has me a bit anxious. I know Ill be hitting that part tonight. Hopefully it doesnt give me much trouble.

It's easy, but the icon is incredibly misleading. Think of it as tuning a radio and you'll do fine.

No it's probably not the most replayable game, but I see it as a playbale version of a South park season.

Yeah, the issue is that regardless of class I think it'd pretty much play the same because there's specific gear that stands heads and shoulders above the rest (see the broken bottle for example) and even hardcore isn't particularly challenging. Still, there is a small part where you can choose between two paths and with how tight it is it'll probably be fun to go through it again some time in the future.

REALLY hoping for an expansion pack, though, or at least story DLC. With that cut content it'd be a crime not to.

is there anything special in the forest?

Canada and a screen with the Woodland Critters, all twelve of which are added to your friends.

No it's probably not the most replayable game, but I see it as a playbale version of a South park season. I have no complaints with the 22 bucks I paid for it. Had I paid full price my opinion might have been a bit lower.

I paid 60 bucks....but that's only 44 €, so it's still cheap for european standards, lol.

I know, but I'm wondering how much that actually matters for this game. Does the game have bad performance issues on consoles? And I imagine you won't really notice the resolution difference in a 2D game of this art style. I wish there were demos so I could test the difference for myself.

There are quite a few load screens. I played on PC, but if they take much longer on consoles they could get annoying

Dead

well not really...yet
This is seriously blowing my mind. It's like I'm playing an episode of the show as it's airing. And I can't stop farting.

Xater

I believe there is a post game, but I haven't meed around with it. As for replayablilty well based on what I have seen and heard I would say the replayability is pretty low.

The post game is just you being able to do the quests you have not finished. I have not seen anything else.

Almighty

The post game is just you being able to do the quests you have not finished. I have not seen anything else.

That's pretty much what I figured, but since I just saved and quit as soon as I could didn't want to say anything on the off chance they tossed in anything extra.

Finished it. 13 hours.

Much fun was had. Really enjoyed it. Did all the sidequests, and even got all the chinpokomon even though I really wasn't going out of my way to get them, just explored enough I guess. Didn't get all the friends though, not sure how I would even start to figure out who I was missing.

Probably should have played through on hard, but oh well. I think the laughs are still the main attraction and the rpg fighting is just above good, but feels so much better because you're surprised by it being so good.

Suprised some of the achievements are so low (end game spoilers)
only .3% have beaten the game with hasselhoff face? wtf i knew i was going to keep that on forever

Also I think I used the "magic" maybe twice? And summons once? Definitely some strange issues there. If it was longer it probably would have felt padded, but if they removed those things it would have felt too simple. I don't envy them trying to find that balance. I guess I'm glad they're in there for people who want to use them.

So how's the replayability or is there a post game?

There's some replayability if you play a different class, and you might get a kick out
of a major decision in the game (doesn't change the outcome, AFAIK)
but other than that there's not a lot to play again.

It's a 60$ dollar because it's South Park.

MarkusRJR

What're the differences with the 4 classes? I heard it doesn't matter since you can use any items, but I'm curious if there's any stat differences or anything.

What're the differences with the 4 classes? I heard it doesn't matter since you can use any items, but I'm curious if there's any stat differences or anything.

Just your abilities. So thief gets backstab and mug etc.

Other than that they're all the same, can wield all the weapons and wear all the equipment.

Oh and I guess some achievement specific stuff.

Beat the game but I seem to have missed at least one quest, because I have a quest item for it.
Souvenir photos
Anyone know where to start it?

MarkusRJR

Just your abilities. So thief gets backstab and mug etc.

Other than that they're all the same, can wield all the weapons and wear all the equipment.
Does weapon/equipment effectiveness differ depending on class (eg. Giving a mage a sword would be worse than giving a mage a staff) or no?

Tamanon

Banned

Just combat abilities.

I've found the Mage to be pretty good early on at least, since Elves are weak to fire. But it looks like it's just personal choice.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just combat abilities.

I've found the Mage to be pretty good early on at least, since Elves are weak to fire. But it looks like it's just personal choice.

If you stick a patch on your equipment that restores PP for doing fire damage, the mages fireworks attack becomes not only free, but fills your PP more then it costs to do the ability. So very very broken in half. Love my mage.

I beat the game, but haven't got all the collectibles. It took me 12hrs.

Had a whole lot of fun with it, and now I'm trying to collect everything. I might start a new game, because I want to try out a new class on hardcore mode.

Dario ff

Banned
If you stick a patch on your equipment that restores PP for doing fire damage, the mages fireworks attack becomes not only free, but fills your PP more then it costs to do the ability. So very very broken in half. Love my mage.
Add the helmet that gives you an extra attack when an enemy dies on top of that for maximum melting.

I still don't want to take off that helmet even if it's under-leveled by now.

Does weapon/equipment effectiveness differ depending on class (eg. Giving a mage a sword would be worse than giving a mage a staff) or no?

Nope.

I had a similar thing where I had a patch that gave me pp for healing, and I had upgraded my mug to level three where it gives you lifesteal, so through that chain of stuff I could keep mugging for a very long time and permastunning them.

I mean not that it really mattered since you can use items on turn for free and boy do they throw those at you.

Trigger

Just combat abilities.

Mage becomes super duper broken the further on you go. Dragon's Breath and another fire based ability just made most encounters trivial.

No difference from what I can tell.

Sanctuary

I'm not certain, but I want to say no. At level 14 you can buy a sword that shits all over everything even as a Sorcerer; if you're actually inclined to use a melee weapon for any reason by that point. The main reason a melee weapon would do better on a Fighter is because of the skills the Fighter gets.

As far as the classes themselves go, think of them in terms of Mass Effect 2 or 3, where they all share a similar style (they all use guns to some extent) but they have unique enough abilities that it doesn't feel like you're playing exactly the same as with the previous class.

Holy shit, is it me or is the
Al Gore
- fight pretty hard?

Yes and no. It's "hard" until you figure out how to cheese the fuck out of it. I went from
repeatedly dying before killing off a single agent, to mopping the floor with him at level 8. And I wasn't even using speed potions.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103294061&postcount=5476

Top Bottom