• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Big Chungus

Having problems attacking the
Nazi Zombies

I hit them for 1 HP damage every time but my weapon is the
Gnome Minepick
which should do a lot of damage.

Having problems attacking the
Nazi Zombies

I hit them for 1 HP damage every time but my weapon is the
Gnome Minepick
which should do a lot of damage.
Maybe their armor rating is too high and you need to dwindle that down? The little helmet icon above their healthbar.

Svafnir

I have a choice to make... does it make a big impact on which?

Fight with the elves or the humans... I like cartman he's funny but kyle and them are cool

Permanently A

I wonder how they edited the censored version of the game, considering that the
Nazi Zombies
seem to be a pretty big part of the game.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Underpants Gnomes segment...

pPwGmKE.jpg

Darksol

How do I get to
Canada

Go north. Then go north. Then go north some more.

But in all seriousness, go north. Make sure to have your passport with you. Nothing gets by Canada's finest without a passport.

Still loving this game. I'm happy
Morgan Freeman earned another freckle

void666

Banned
Just beat the game. Steam says it took me 14 hours.

Overall i loved it. Way better than what i expected.

As an extended episode it's fantastic. As an RPG i think it's just ok.
I never felt like equipment or class mattered. Of course adding bleeding, burning or whatever to weapon attacks helped to kill shit faster.

Biggest WTF moments:

- Battle with gnomes with daddy and mommy having sex in the background and later with the gnome boss with tits and hairy balls bouncing over our heads.

- Giant nazi zombie aborted fetus fight.

- Canada.

- Exploring Mr slave's intestines. Condoms, sperm, shit and all sort of falic objets there.

And i killed
Al Gore
so easily. Why are you guys having trouble with it?

Stuttering on PS3 digital appears to be getting worse with time. Upon entering some areas it'll dive into single digit fps for a few seconds.

Okay so post game ending, anyone have any ideas if the "friend everyone" achievement is possible? The only quests I still have yet to do are defeat all the homeless and destroy one more monster on Jimbo's list.

URATowel

Banned
Anyone surprised how in depth the battle system actually is? Pretty awesome they included
Riposte and Reflection stances as well as modifiable weapons/accessories. Way more rpg than I thought it would be..

Teletraan1

Banned
Well I beat it. Little over 12 hours. Fucking amazing ending. Canada made me laugh a lot.

The place the map spoils
Canada
is pretty legit.

The 8bit soundtrack of the Canadian national anthem sounding just like a NES era RPG was insane. The songs that unlock after the section is done are pretty amazing as well. The little boat you take across the piers was so funny to me for some reason. The commentary after clearing off Dire Aids was hilarious too.

As far as crying about spoiler tags. Dont click them until you are done. Dont expect everyone to dance around everything with warnings about the content of the spoiler tag. If you dont want to be spoiled dont click spoiler tags. Its pretty simple.

The place the map spoils
Canada
is pretty legit.

The 8bit soundtrack of the Canadian national anthem sounding just like a NES era RPG was insane. The songs that unlock after the section is done are pretty amazing as well. The little boat you take across the piers was so funny to me for some reason. The commentary after clearing off Dire Aids was hilarious too.

I missed the Dire Aids I guess.
Gonna replay the game as jew class probably. I was a mage.

EDIT: Nvm, I found the last one. I accidentally went behind somewhere and there was a hidden path. Glad I was able to do the quest now.

The Cowboy

Well that was blooming great!!!, I've haven't been so engrossed into a game for a long time - I just couldn't stop playing it.

The story was really great IMO and I have to say, I want more dammit.
-
Well, as they say.
"Screw you guys, I'm going home!".

DedValve

Banned
god how do I learn how to master my fart? *fart spoilers*
randy is trying to teach me to master the fart and it's SO ANNOYING. I keep failing with no idea what to do. The fart goes insanely fast, past randy and when I press up on the right stick it says not yet.

Terrible. Why can't I just skip this? I'm not using farts in combat anyways.

EDIT: 20 GODDAMN TIMES NOW. Fuck me.

EDIT2: Thank god for gamefaqs (I hate this game for making me say that).
Ignore everything that randy says or does, it's complete bullshit. Hold the left stick all the way to the left and just leave it there, press up on the right stick when the game prompts. Why did they keep telling you to move the left stick around? Utterly retarded.

TheContact

Sorry I am _sure_ this was asked before but approx how long is the game? Assuming you do the side quests (if there are any)

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
god how do I learn how to master my fart? *fart spoilers*
randy is trying to teach me to master the fart and it's SO ANNOYING. I keep failing with no idea what to do. The fart goes insanely fast, past randy and when I press up on the right stick it says not yet.

Terrible. Why can't I just skip this? I'm not using farts in combat anyways.

EDIT: 20 GODDAMN TIMES NOW. Fuck me.

just wait for the prompts to tell you to push up on the right stick.....

DedValve

Banned
just wait for the prompts to tell you to push up on the right stick.....

The game keeps telling you to move the left stick back and forth, your NOT suppose to do that. Even the little prompts have the left stick moving back and forth, you just need to keep the left stick held in 1 direction for the entire time. It makes no sense and the tutorial outright lies to the player.

Was stuck there for almost 15-20 minutes. Doesn't help that it takes forever to do it again.

Game was amazing only question i have left, is when is Obsidian gonna make another one.

Is there anything left after finishing the game? Like an endgame?

Andrew.

Banned
Man, I'll never get bored of Butters'
Professor Chaos
attack.

It's the reason why he's my favourite party member.

For real.

I mean, he's always been my favorite character anyway, but being able to choose to hang with him the entire time and then realize he's so useful...plus all those quips he makes.

I just love my Butters. And in this South Park experience boy does he shine. And deservedly so.

Top Bottom