• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

The game keeps telling you to move the left stick back and forth, your NOT suppose to do that. Even the little prompts have the left stick moving back and forth, you just need to keep the left stick held in 1 direction for the entire time. It makes no sense and the tutorial outright lies to the player.

Was stuck there for almost 15-20 minutes. Doesn't help that it takes forever to do it again.

It's poorly indicated, but you're supposed to be moving the stick back and forth to center the little arrow around the oscilloscope on the target.

_DrMario_

I beat the game "today" at 5 in the morning. One of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Here's a pic of my guy after beating the game.

3752B7E9E92AFD0EE0BD6A178845F88E031D02FB

Zukuu

Banned
Just finished the game. Gamefile says exactly 12 hours, but that's not true since I almost played for 2 "days" straight. Should be at least 16 hours or more I spent with the game.

I did complete the game a 100% tho. Was a blast. The RPG elements were quite good imo. I love to tinker around with equipment setting everything perfectly up etc. I only missed to be able to customize my companion.

Any way to quickly get money after the end game? Want to get all the equipment but it costs so much.

It doesn't net a ton of many, but it does decent enough. Each time you kill an enemy, it nets around $0.72 each enemy (if you kill a group of 3 it usually nets around $2.00). Here's what I do:

Weapon: Fatbeard's Blade
Shirt: Bling
Gloves: Thieves Gloves of Profit

Bling gives 5% more money after battle, Thieves Gloves of Profit gives 20% more money, and Fatbeard's Blade gives 20% more money. I think they stack? I then go to the woods and fight dogs. Since your at end game, I'm sure that it won't be hard to kill them with a few abilities. Fatbeard's Blade is a very weak lvl5 weapon, so you have to rely on your partner, and your abilities. If your using someone like
Cartman
that can kill crowds easily, it'll be fast.

That's how I farm money at least.

Grief.exe

Steam says 14 hours. I did all the side quests but I'm missing 5 or 6 pokomon and probably 2 or 3 friends.

I'll definitely replay it someday but I'll wait until it's not so fresh in my mind.

I have the chinpokomon thing stuck in my head, and I only have about 10 of them lol.

dekline

I think this is the only game I've played where I can walk around with balls on my chin and a crack pipe in my inventory.

So very confused. Detention Sentence.
I take it I'm supposed to use Kenny to heal this kid to get the second key? But I switch to the buddy power, aim at the kid, and the hand symbol has a red "no" cross on top of it. I don't know what else to do
;_;

Edit: Ooh,
I have to switch to Butters. I guess I missed the part where it was explained that healing was his buddy power.

Oreoleo

So very confused. Detention Sentence.
I take it I'm supposed to use Kenny to heal this kid to get the second key? But I switch to the buddy power, aim at the kid, and the hand symbol has a red "no" cross on top of it. I don't know what else to do
;_;

You have to switch to Butters, he's the one with the healing power.

Edit: guess you figured it out :p Each friend has one unique ability outsider of battle. At least, so far.

Vamphuntr

I played for a good while today. It's an amazing South Park but a really lackluster RPG. Everything is so simple and easy so far, it's a bit disappointing. I never feel threatened by any enemies. They drop so many recovery items that you can burn through them all the time. I'm already at a point where I can spam my abilities until everything is dead. There's no depth at all, I just spam my mage's abilities. It feels like a "my first RPG" experience. If it weren't for the South Park license I would be bored already.

Game looks really good. It's basically like watching the show and the presentation is quite great. I like all the nods and references going back to the very first seasons.

Eusis

Yeah, it's been mostly easy even on Hardcore, but then
Al Gore fucked my shit up.
That forced me to pay more attention to the benefits some of my attacks have and actually play more strategically.

Yeah, pending any weird surprises, anyone that doesn't just want to cruise along with a South Park experience and wants to have something resembling a challenge needs to go with Hardcore. You'll still cream most of the game but at least occasionally something poses a real threat.

Zukuu

Banned
I played for a good while today. It's an amazing South Park but a really lackluster RPG. Everything is so simple and easy so far, it's a bit disappointing. I never feel threatened by any enemies. They drop so many recovery items that you can burn through them all the time. I'm already at a point where I can spam my abilities until everything is dead. There's no depth at all, I just spam my mage's abilities. It feels like a "my first RPG" experience. If it weren't for the South Park license I would be bored already.

Game looks really good. It's basically like watching the show and the presentation is quite great. I like all the nods and references going back to the very first seasons.
play on hardcore. later part of the game can easily means one missed block = dead if you don't start the fight. You're always a bit op if you have the best gear, but your partner is quite the pushover.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I found so many Emmys in the sewer. Reminds me of that Simpsons joke. "Don't throw your garbage down here!"

Labrys

Hey can anyone tell me if Towelie is in this game?

if that's the towel that looks like it is stoned then it's on loading screens

i haven't watched much south park (like 2 episodes) but i've been watching jesse cox do a walkthrough of this. it seems fun enough, i might pick it up

IIRC, there's an alien transport thing in his shop. Use it to get on his top shelf and open the chest there.

So its used for the chest?
Ok then i think i did all the sidequests missed 1 chinpokomon that i cant get anymore because it was during the event of night 1.

JustinBB7

I just spend 3 hours exploring the entire map and talking to everybody, did like 2/3 side quest and 1 part of the first main quest
requited tweek
so I'm still very early in, but I'm loving it. Playing it on my TV as well. Can't wait to play more.

Sheroking

Broken bottle + Professor Chaos stun hammer move is OP. Get them all bleeding x2 or x3 and they lose hundreds of health points on top of your own attacks and with no ability to attack themselves.

I don't think
Stan
hit me once in that fight.

Zukuu

Banned
Broken bottle + Professor Chaos stun hammer move is OP. Get them all bleeding x2 or x3 and they lose hundreds of health points on top of your own attacks and with no ability to attack themselves.

I don't think
Stan

Burn is way better than bleed. I didn't use any towards the end tho. I hit over 13k anyway lol.

The game file says I have played 6 hours, it seems like I've played at least a couple more than that, and I have just
rescued Randy
during the first night. i love this game so far! Have to take a break to eat and stuff now though :(

-MD-

The game file says I have played 6 hours, it seems like I've played at least a couple more than that, and I have just
rescued Randy
during the first night. i love this game so far! Have to take a break to eat and stuff now though :(

My in-game time said I played like 9 hours but my steam says I've played almost 14. In-game time isn't accurate.

ramuh

Technical hiccups asides (ps3, Complete freeze once, stutters) I think the game is a lot of fun. It really does nail the "feel" of South Park. As someone who has watched every episode I LOVE all the junk items you get and how those items pertain to the house there in etc. from the episodes.

Sanke__

I don't think
Stan

If you think the broken bottle is op wait til you get the
batarang
and throw a fire mod on it

I am absolutely in love with this game. Best game ive played since the last of us.

So its used for the chest?
Ok then i think i did all the sidequests missed 1 chinpokomon that i cant get anymore because it was during the event of night 1.

Oh my god I didn't realize there were chinpokomon that can only be got on certain days. I don't know if I got all the day 1 ones and I'm on day 2 now :(

Help:
Anyone tell me what to do to the kid who smells and stuff in order to get an interaction after defeating the ginger hall monitors in the bronze key room?

Top Bottom