• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Spoiler for Act 2, but any help would be appreciated:

Anyone have any luck with the Squeaky Sneaker? Do you need to fight the military grunts?

They are the secret hard boss.

If you use it right you shouldn't have to fight them...

Distract the first two guards so they don't face you and walk inside. After your inside lure the lone grunt to the water then turn on the electricity.

Echoplx

The directions are found in Stan's room but I passed over it a hundred times. I believe it was right up right down right.

Oh wow, I actually found the directions ages ago but ignored them haha, any other friends you can think of that are hard to find like that?

Thanks for the tips

Holy shit haha in Tom's Rhinoplasty
If you buy the hasselhoff procedure your character's face is permanently a cutout of David Hasselhoff hahaha

If you use it right you shouldn't have to fight them...

Distract the first two guards so they don't face you and walk inside. After your inside lure the lone grunt to the water then turn on the electricity.

I've done it a crapton of times and they always catch me, looking at me or not.

Oh wow, I actually found the directions ages ago but ignored them haha, any other friends you can think of that are hard to find like that?

Thanks for the tips
Not hard, but easy to miss: Tweek's parents require you to buy their $15 coffee.

That's really all I can think of unfortunately.. the rest that I found were fairly straightforward as far as I remember.

Lunzio

Post game spoiler help:

Any idea how to get Chef's P.O. Box key? I checked his body after killing him but couldn't seem to loot him D:

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Posted this in the Steam thread too. I have an extra Steam key for this game. Here are the details:

South Park PC Giveaway
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-897AC6E742937770 - Taken by Caerith

t1394082236z1.png

I just beat the game, and it was truly quite good. I was hysterical at the (late game spoiler)
Mr. Slave section

It did feel short, but I think that was mostly because I skipped quite a few sidequests and the fact that it never dragged.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Lost Forest question

How do you find the Christmas Critters ? Are they even in the game ?

Just finished it, man what a ride so many great funny moments in this game. Will definitely go back tomorrow and try to find the last homeless guy, last kindergartner, pair of underpants and defeat
ManBearPig

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
If you know what you're doing and use the right add ons...Jesus the mage is unstoppable.

Same with Thief! Backstab!!

Just Finished and MAN! I gotta say, what a great game! I loved it all and will be playing again as a jew!
Playing the whole game with the Hoff face, was glorious. And you get an achievement for it!

plasmasd

16 hours to beat it and I did every sidequest ouside of collecting all the chinpokomon. Excellent game that looks amazing in 4k.

Drake

Are quests specific to a particular day? The only party members I have are butters and Kenny. I'm wondering if I should progress the main story a bit, so I have access to Jimmy, Stan, Kyle, and Cartman. But if I'm going to lose side quests by progressing the main story I'll just keep using Butters.

Are quests specific to a particular day? The only party members I have are butters and Kenny. I'm wondering if I should progress the main story a bit, so I have access to Jimmy, Stan, Kyle, and Cartman. But if I'm going to lose side quests by progressing the main story I'll just keep using Butters.

You never lose side quests, at least that I know of.

Teknoman

Well this sucks. The download version of the game doesnt seem to recognize my physical version save file (PS3). Is that normal?

EDIT: Guess so, it has two different folders...

Durante

I didn't expect Obsidian to make a game with technically perfect graphics.
(What I mean is that so far, 5 hours in, there hasn't been a single instance of the game not looking exactly as intended for technical reasons -- playing at 4k downsampled)

Greatly enjoying the game, the only drawback I see so far is that the battles are a bit too easy. Love the amount of stuff you can do with our skills outside of battles, and the humour of course.

Also, this game has the best vendor trash of any game ever.

border

Early on I heard that the stuttering problem on the 360 version was due to the title update, so I've disabled the WiFi on my 360 have have been playing offline since.

It stuttered every now and again but not often. It stutters even less after I installed to the hard drive.

Is it same to download the title update yet? Or should I keep everything offline still?

Log4Girlz

In my first play through opening random people's houses I didn't get a particular "embarrassing scene". I only realized this on my second play through.

border

Yep.

Couldn't tell you why.

Not that I approve of or condone the censorship, but
it's not really that hard to understand why a publisher wouldn't want a graphic depiction of sexual assault in their game. Imagine if it were a woman being violated instead of Stan Marsh.

Milennia

Not that I approve of or condone the censorship, but
it's not really that hard to understand why a publisher wouldn't want a graphic depiction of sexual assault in their game. Imagine if it were a woman being violated instead of Stan Marsh.

Its not that i dont understand why its censored.
Its the fact that its
stans dad in relation to south park
I would think the M rating and description on top of how popular the show is would be enough, but clearly thats not the case, or at least ubisoft themselves dont think it is.

border

Its the fact that its
stans dad in relation to south park
I would think the M rating and description on top of how popular the show is would be enough, but clearly thats not the case, or at least ubisoft themselves dont think it is.

The problem is that while it's funny in the context of a South Park videogame, it's completely abrupt and shocking when seen out of context. I had the pleasure of having my girlfriend walk in to the apartment right during that scene, and see the game for the first time. She was like "What the fuck are you playing?"

When the cable news vultures swoop in on this game, the headline won't be "Hilarious
alien anal probe scene in new game!
". The headline would be
"New game has troubling rape scene.
As disingenuous as the press is, I almost can't fault Ubisoft for trying to sidestep the issue.

Milennia

The problem is that while it's funny in the context of a South Park videogame, it's completely abrupt and shocking when seen out of context. I had the pleasure of having my girlfriend walk in to the apartment right during that scene, and see the game for the first time. She was like "What the fuck are you playing?"

When the cable news vultures swoop in on this game, the headline won't be "Hilarious
alien anal probe scene in new game!
". The headline would be
"New game has troubling rape scene.
As disingenuous as the press is, I almost can't fault Ubisoft for trying to sidestep the issue.

I agree yeah.
I don't personally know how news is handled in the censored country's.
However i can say the game is uncensored in america, and we haven't gotten much if any press on the matter over here.

I remember every single GTA outrage however, so i know how bad it can get.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I didn't expect Obsidian to make a game with technically perfect graphics.
(What I mean is that so far, 5 hours in, there hasn't been a single instance of the game not looking exactly as intended for technical reasons -- playing at 4k downsampled)

Greatly enjoying the game, the only drawback I see so far is that the battles are a bit too easy. Love the amount of stuff you can do with our skills outside of battles, and the humour of course.

Also, this game has the best vendor trash of any game ever.

I recently switched to Hardcore and there have been a few times now where I've actually had to use items during battle. The game is far too generous on Normal.

Even comparing those two is so strange. They couldn't be any more different from each other.

Yes, but generally, with GOTY awards, there are sub-categories and an overall winner.

Milennia

I recently switched to Hardcore and there have been a few times now where I've actually had to use items during battle. The game is far too generous on Normal.

I had trouble with a sidequest fight on normal actually, this was before i switched it to hardcore
al gore pissed me off until i found a pretty seamless pattern

Top Bottom