• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Sanctuary

Was pretty easy for me playing on hardcore, I'd like to see a higher difficulty but I doubt that'll happen.

How so? They're flawless on my end. PC version.

They seem completely off, and I'm playing it on PC as well. They tell you to hit the button to block as the block oval appears, but you have to actually hit it on most attacks a split second during their attack animation, before the oval appears or it won't block. if you wait to block when the oval appears, it seems like you have less than a third a second to hit the button, and usually that's still too short. Honestly, there's a delay. Because I can hold down the button as they are attacking, right before you're actually supposed to block and it will block.

-MD-

Finished it. I wouldn't call it a great RPG but its def one of the most refreshing and just plain fun games I've played in years. The writing and scenario design are particularly amazing. Not once in the 16hrs I played did I feel any tedium, which is a rare quality in modern games.

My two major gripes:

1. Combat was fun but I thought the PC became too powerful way too fast. Maybe its just the Mage but even on hardcore my spells would devastate everything. I actually "nerfed" him a bit by removing mods.

2. A lack of
Mr. Garrison!
Its criminal how little screen time he got.

Absolutely worth $60 and I'm crossing my fingers for some story DLC. I'd also love to see PC modders dig in and see if any of the cut content is hiding in the game files.

I really wish we would have seen
Towlie, Satan and more T&P. Also I thought for sure we were gonna see the woodland critters during Mr Slaves ass sequence but no =(

They seem completely off, and I'm playing it on PC as well. They tell you to hit the button to block as the block oval appears, but you have to actually hit it on most attacks a split second during their attack animation, before the oval appears or it won't block. if you wait to block when the oval appears, it seems like you have less than a third a second to hit the button, and usually that's still too short. Honestly, there's a delay. Because I can hold down the button as they are attacking, right before you're actually supposed to block and it will block.

You do only get like 0.4 sec to react on some, it's really fast. It's definitely not off though because I had no trouble with it. Eventually you'll have to block attacks that don't even give you warning and are extremely rapid, those are insane but I pulled off a few perfects.

Just takes practice.

Sanctuary

I really wish we would have seen
Towlie, Satan and more T&P. Also I thought for sure we were gonna see the woodland critters during Mr Slaves ass sequence but no =(

Um, one of those that you mentioned are actually in the game.

I You do only get like 0.4 sec to react, it's really fast. It's definitely not off though because I had no trouble with it.

Just takes practice.

Sorry, when you can preemptively hold the button down and block with a 100% success rate, it's off. Just like every single fart is used differently outside of battle from the way they explain it.

-MD-

Um, one of those that you mentioned are actually in the game.

Oh? I just finished and I did all the quests, which one is it?

Sorry, when you can preemptively hold the button down and block with a 100% success rate, it's off. Just like every single fart is used differently outside of battle from the way they explain it.

I'm not understanding the block complaints, if I can pull them off 100% of the time then they're working as intended imo.

Also the farting training technique does get used in combat.

Eusis

Absolutely worth $60 and I'm crossing my fingers for some story DLC. I'd also love to see PC modders dig in and see if any of the cut content is hiding in the game files.
I'm actually kind of hoping (if it's even possible) for someone to unfilter Kenny's voice. Failing that, at least mod the subtitles to show what he's actually saying (though given its nature as a game this should've been an unlockable anyway.)

erawsd

I'm actually kind of hoping (if it's even possible) for someone to unfilter Kenny's voice. Failing that, at least mod the subtitles to show what he's actually saying (though given its nature as a game this should've been an unlockable anyway.)

Yeah. Kenny was my least used just because his speech is so hard to understand.

-MD-

Yeah. Kenny was my least used just because his speech is so hard to understand.

I never used Kenny because after enemies start getting armor his shots can't penetrate and he does no damage.

Was there a way to buff his bow?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Playing on PC, just got Jimmy into my party. Head over to get him his flute and it does one of them things where game makes you skip the scene but doesn't give me the prompt so it's stuck in an endless loop. Tried loading save still doing it. :(

-MD-

Playing on PC, just got Jimmy into my party. Head over to get him his flute and it does one of them things where game makes you skip the scene but doesn't give me the prompt so it's stuck in an endless loop. Tried loading save still doing it. :(

It's part of the game. Let him do it for a minute.

Echoplx

That's intentional, just wait it out.

erawsd

I got that too. I think it might be part of the game? He eventually stops.

Just finished it, I have to echo sentiments that it's too damn short because damnit I really wanted more of it. Can't remember the last time I laughed at a game so many times.

I wish there was more City Wok Guy though, I love how overly stereotypical that guy is.

Hmm I just realized I used both the Mr Slave and Mr Wok summons and they never reappeared even if they said just once a day... Weird.

last question:

i don't understand how you beat the elven anti-magician. he destroys butters in one attack even when i block it all perfectly and i barely do any damage to him.

ScOULaris

Playing the digital PSN version and every time I leave a building either the framerate drops tremendously or its stuttering as its loading but god damn it is doing it so frequently.

I've noticed this as well on my disc version (PS3). It seems to be caused by the aggressive auto-saving that occurs every time you enter a new area or building. I haven't tested it yet, but I'd bet that turning off autosaves (if you can) would alleviate the stuttering. I agree that it's pretty annoying.

In general the game just doesn't run as well as I'd hoped.

Quick question - I'm playing this on PC - is there any support for a 360 controller. I can't see anything in the options, so I presume no?

Malaussene

Neo Member
Hmm. I'm playing on a Surface Pro 2, and the controller is all plugged in with the relevant dongle etc...

No option for controller in the settings...where am I going wrong?

is the controller turned on before you start the game? btw i don't think there is any "setting" for the controller..

erawsd

I've noticed this as well on my disc version (PS3). It seems to be caused by the aggressive auto-saving that occurs every time you enter a new area or building. I haven't tested it yet, but I'd bet that turning off autosaves (if you can) would alleviate the stuttering. I agree that it's pretty annoying.

In general the game just doesn't run as well as I'd hoped.

Thats probably why they only ever showed the PC version pre-release.

-MD-

Hmm. I'm playing on a Surface Pro 2, and the controller is all plugged in with the relevant dongle etc...

No option for controller in the settings...where am I going wrong?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question. The 360 controller is supported by the game and is functional but I don't believe there are any controller options (that I can see).

I just plugged my 360 pad in for the first time and started the game and it works.

Thats probably why they only ever showed the PC version pre-release.

Up until now I'd never played an Obsidian game but they've always had this reputation for having loads of bugs and other technical issues. I'm sure the console ports are a bummer going by what most people are saying but the PC version of this game was pretty flawless I gotta say.

Definitely an awesome first impression for me.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question. The 360 controller is supported by the game and is functional but I don't believe there are any controller options (that I can see).

I just plugged my 360 pad in for the first time and started the game and it works.

Ah okay, I'll have another play around with it. Thanks for the help guys. :)

erawsd

So I jumped into a second game and something hit me...

End game Spoiler:
What the heck happened to Tweek and Token? Craig joins Clyde, but those two seem to just disappear.

-MD-

what's a summon?

There are a handful in the game, Mr Slave for example is a summon. You can use them each once per day.

So I jumped into a second game and something hit me...

End game Spoiler:
What the heck happened to Tweek and Token? Craig joins Clyde, but those two seem to just disappear.

Weren't they
in the group that did the massive charge on Clyde's fortress? I'm sure they got lost in the battle.

RPGCrazied

I'm stuck on a quest.

Its the manbearpig, I put the 3 markers up, but when I go into the sewer area, I can't seem to get across the gap. Help?

-MD-

No, I'm playing the PS3 version. It looks like you are suppose to jump over it or something. I can't find anything to shoot with my ranged weapon either.

The gap the moment you enter the sewer? You're supposed to use an ability on it but you might not have it depending how far into the story you are.

erawsd

Up until now I'd never played an Obsidian game but they've always had this reputation for having loads of bugs and other technical issues. I'm sure the console ports are a bummer going by what most people are sayingbut the PC version of this game was pretty flawless I gotta say.

Definitely an awesome first impression for me.

I played on PC too and didn't come cross any glitches either. The game also ran like a dream.

In fact, because I had read about others suffering glitches I thought my game was glitched on a couple of occasions -- like I thought for sure my homeless quest was bugged since I couldnt find the last one I needed after revisiting the entire town... turns out I wasn't looking hard enough.

Weren't they
in the group that did the massive charge on Clyde's fortress? I'm sure they got lost in the battle.

Yeah, probably.

New002

Also on PC and I agree. Blocking is my only real gripe with the game thus far.

Andrew.

Banned
Well I got through the first two farting tutorials without much issue. The only thing I had to grasp was holding the major frequency once I felt the rumble. I kept on letting loose too early.

Also got through the probing mini game on the first try. I cant believe that shit was censored.

So, just double checking... Can you only change your own characters gear? And is the only way to get the Hoff head from the Rhinoplasty place?

Top Bottom