• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Lunaniem

Anyone have problems with PC achievements unlocking? I beat the game without having a buddy knocked out and
beat Princess Kenny with the makeover outfit
but both didn't get unlocked, only the one for not selling anything.

Anyone have problems with PC achievements unlocking? I beat the game without having a buddy knocked out and
beat Princess Kenny with the makeover outfit
but both didn't get unlocked, only the one for not selling anything.

I got all 3 of those on my first playthrough.

That would make total sense because (Day 2 Spoilers)
The goth quest was, IMO the lowest point of the game. Other than the dance, it was just a big fetch quest that awkwardly leads you to the PTC where Randy steals the show.

Another part I think was cut (End game Spoilers):
Initially, the government was placing the bombs under the city. I'm willing to bet that that would have led us to the Crab people we saw early on. The way Mr. Slave/Randy suddenly shows up in Clyde's tower felt a little too abrupt.

Yeah def. Though the one
crab person in the game tells you that once your broke the rock it was all that was seperating him and his people from coming into our world. They could still do something with that as DLC potentially.

I'm just wondering, with the additional year they had for working on the game, wonder why stuff like this had to be cut. :/

iori9999

Banned
Loving some of the references I see in the various twitch streams I watch.. Wish I wasn't so broke and anticipating Dark Souls 2..

No Love

Banned
That would make total sense because (Day 2 Spoilers)
The goth quest was, IMO the lowest point of the game. Other than the dance, it was just a big fetch quest that awkwardly leads you to the PTC where Randy steals the show.

Another part I think was cut (End game Spoilers):
Initially, the government was placing the bombs under the city. I'm willing to bet that that would have led us to the Crab people we saw early on. The way Mr. Slave/Randy suddenly shows up in Clyde's tower felt a little too abrupt.

Not surprised. This is the 2nd time Obsidian has been forced to cut and shorten a game. Who remembers Knights of the Old Republic II?

Yeah... fucking sucks.

Permanently A

Oh man, I finally figured out why doing the fart tutorials is so annoying.

I was alternating A and D without realizing there is a small arrow around the frequency meter. You're supposed to move the arrow to the point where the frequency is highest, not just alternate A and D like the instructions suggest.

Im at 8 hours and havent even gotten to Day 2 yet.

Takin my time. Soakin it in.

Same here. My save says about 7 1/2 hours and I just started Day 2. Feels like I've played it longer than that though. Just taking my time, never fast traveling and really just savoring the game. Loving it.

ThomasCro

I'm missing my last hobo.
I found the ones behind Kenny's house, the one in the truck and went through every single sewer corridor, and I can't find the last one.
Anyone?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm missing my last hobo.
I found the ones behind Kenny's house, the one in the truck and went through every single sewer corridor, and I can't find the last one.
Anyone?

Did you get the one in the woods behind the south park sign in the middle of town? There is a gap in the bushes that leads to a separate screen with some hobos.

Finally figured out the three friends I was missing (
in total). 2 were missables about halfway through the campaign (
2 kids in the school the second time you go in. Not sure how I missed them but I did get Lemmiwinks who is also missable.
).
So yeah.. another play through is in order. Good thing I already started one.

Finally figured out the three friends I was missing (
in total). 2 were missables about halfway through the campaign (
2 kids in the school the second time you go in. Not sure how I missed them but I did get Lemmiwinks who is also missable.
).
So yeah.. another play through is in order. Good thing I already started one.

LOL where was
Lemmiwinks?

ThomasCro

Did you get the one in the woods behind the south park sign in the middle of town? There is a gap in the bushes that leads to a separate screen with some hobos.

I did not get that one, thanks a lot!

10 hours and 1 minute, I'm done with the game, did everything there was to do and I'm pretty surprised how people managed to get a lot more game time from it.

I'm very sad the game ended and would like my memory wiped so I can experience it all over again, the introduction and everything.

It was a bit short though, kinda bitter-sweet.

This is how I ended up looking:
olifcZd.jpg

Kazenone

Is this a joke? I failed one QTE during a 15-20 minute fight and I'm dead?

Are you talking about the
Zombie Kenny
fight? I failed one of the
boys' special QTE's but you get another chance to do it again by killing Kenny again.
. Change your strategy if you're dying because
he's not that hard of a boss.
. Also, there's a shop just before that fight so buy loads of potions and mana potions.

Are you talking about the
Zombie Kenny
fight? I failed one of the
boys' special QTE's but you get another chance to do it again by killing Kenny again.
. Change your strategy if you're dying because
he's not that hard of a boss.
. Also, there's a shop just before that fight so buy loads of potions and mana potions.

Yeah, don't like this fight ^^

Robin64

So the first elf I fight, where I have to block his attacks because he's fast, has become locked. Blocked the attacks, elf falls over, now stuck in an animation of being on the floor and looking behind at me. Can't progress at all. That didn't take long! (PS3 version)

So the first elf I fight, where I have to block his attacks because he's fast, has become locked. Blocked the attacks, elf falls over, now stuck in an animation of being on the floor and looking behind at me. Can't progress at all. That didn't take long! (PS3 version)

I had the same thing happen to me on PC. Reload the checkpoint and you should be good.

Ferrio

Banned

Yes that's a bug people have reported, restarting fixes it... outside of that bug I haven't heard of any others.

Milennia

I have been getting a bug on ps3 where the lettering of items and quests get all jumbled up and unreadable, had to reset a couple of times.

God damnit missed 1 chinpokomon and he was my favorite too
Shu!
Still can't find the last underpants but I think I've done everything I can besides buy all the weapons and armor lol

Slixshot

Banned

I have been getting a bug on ps3 where the lettering of items and quests get all jumbled up and unreadable, had to reset s couple of times.

Obsidian goodness :)

Durante

That's the only bug I encountered in 5 hours of playing the game so far. Unfortunate that it's so early, but at least its easy to circumvent by reloading.

ksdixon

Goddamit! Tried being good these past three days, since I'm not sure I have the money to comfortably get this game or not. In the end I caved, and attempt to purchase it on Xbox360 Games On Demand, because fuck walking to the supermarket. Turns out it's not even released in the UK until tomorrow. So sick of getting ''release dates'' stuck in my head, only to find-out (usually at the shop counter as I try to purchase a game) that it's the NA release date and I will have to wait some more!

I'm gonna be even more pissed off if it's not available digitally tomorrow and I have to go to the supermarket to buy it.

saunderez

Uncensor patch is complete. This has been tested on the Australian version and a tester has confirmed he was able to play through one of the censored scenes flawlessly.

Theoretically it should work on other censored PC versions but I don't have the files from those releases to do an analysis. Instructions are in the archive, basically extract to South Park Stick of Truth folder and run move.bat to move the censored and region flag files to a backup folder. Total size zipped is 64MB.

I'm not sure if I can post the link here as it is basically all copyright content ripped from the uncensored game, if anyone has any suggestions PM me.

Just got an update for the game on Steam. Can't find a change log. Anyone know what they changed?

If it's the patch that was pushed out yesterday, details are here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65338-patch-notes/

Patch 02 is available on Steam now. It should automatically update itself after you exit the game. The patch is in testing at Ubisoft and will become available on the consoles soon.

Fixes:
Fixed an issue where a buddy swap during an autosave could result in an infinite loading issue with affected save files.
Fixed potential infinite loading issues during transitions if a buddy swap has not previously occurred.
Fixed an issue where the camera could potentially lock to a zoomed view in cutscenes.
Fixed an animation popping issue on Cartman if the player selects the Jew Class.
Fixed an edge case issue where the player may not gain the (Quest/name spoilers)
"Unfriend Al Gore" quest when being spammed by Al Gore Facebook messages.
Some minor performance improvements in Canada.

hlhbk

I don't know ^^

Finished the game...hmm.....7/10 maybe.

- way too short for an RPG
- performance issues
- loading screens
- no replay value

+ funny
+ sidequests
+ attention to detail
+ great music

15 hours is fine for an RPG.
What performance issues?
Why is loading screens a negative?
What kind of replay do you expect?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
It has flaws, but being difficult isn't one of them. :p
(My imbued fart hits hit for like 10k each turn)

Seriously! I was playing on hardcore and i died 3 times in TOTAL. I also do not understand how people do not understand the prompts for the farts. It shows you EXACTLY what to do. There is even a little arrow that shows the direction of the left stick position so you can do it correctly (this I assume is what people didn't see and why they couldn't get past it) The game was too damn easy really, even on Hardcore. But it was a great experience and it will be long remembered in my mind!

Grief.exe

I don't know ^^

Finished the game...hmm.....7/10 maybe.

- way too short for an RPG
- performance issues
- loading screens
- no replay value

+ funny
+ sidequests
+ attention to detail
+ great music

- performance issues