• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Definitely a great little game. After finishing I felt the RPG stuff could have been more fleshed out (at least the combat), but it was fun. Definitely one of the best licensed games out there. I felt the scope of the game/story kept it from being tight in terms of humor. I'm someone that finds the newer seasons much more funny than the old stuff.

Lots of great references, really cohesive getting everything in there. I'm not sure I'd want the game to be much longer than what it was. I thought it was the perfect length.

Now I'm thinking I should have played on K+M...

So, even though i'm not that far in, it's such a beautiful game. I'm going to continue playing it tonight and through Spring Break because why not? Not to mention i'm sure that i'll give each class a go because it's so fun.

Definitely a great little game. After finishing I felt the RPG stuff could have been more fleshed out (at least the combat), but it was fun. Definitely one of the best licensed games out there. I felt the scope of the game/story kept it from being tight in terms of humor. I'm someone that finds the newer seasons much more funny than the old stuff.

Lots of great references, really cohesive getting everything in there. I'm not sure I'd want the game to be much longer than what it was. I thought it was the perfect length.

Now I'm thinking I should have played on K+M...

I can't imagine doing any of the button mashing parts with a keyboard. I would have to set up a macro to do it. Even with a controller, I have to set it on my leg and use a lighter or my index finger to quickly mash the button. I just can't mash fast enough with my thumb.

Mondy

Banned
I can't imagine doing any of the button mashing parts with a keyboard. I would have to set up a macro to do it. Even with a controller, I have to set it on my leg and use a lighter or my index finger to quickly mash the button. I just can't mash fast enough with my thumb.

I honestly think they set up the button mashing stuff really well in this game.

All the way up to the
battle with Kyle
, I could never fill the bar on the toilet minigame to produce a shit nugget. It was incredibly difficult because I was mashing with my thumb and I never got it. The end of the
battle with Kyle
which is designed very similarly went on for so long with me mashing the button with my thumb in vain that I had to try different methods in order to pull it off, and I did, with my index finger with the top joint locked. It worked great, and now I have zero problems with the toilets either.

I honestly believe it was orchestrated that way. They designed the mini boss so that you would have to find an unconventional way of winning and when you did, it opened up other doors. Superb game design.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i think this game is going to have more re-playability than people are assuming. Specifically there are two things really going for ir in the revisit department. First is the humor. i dont know about most people but i like re-experiencing funny things every so often. Second is the moderate length. Certain games like the original Fallout i revisit every year not solely because of its length but the fact that i can dip back into the fun for a weekend and be satisfied really helps. If Fallout were a two week ordeal i probably wouldnt have played it as much as i have.

zlatko

Banned
This game oozes charm. It's a well done game, and I'm happy with paying the full $59.99 on steam for it as Obsidian deserves every penny.

Still on day 1 doing side quests.

I think it also proves to me that the RPG formula in this traditional sense of quests, character customization, and a simple turn based system are things that completely work and are fun to do if done well. This game carries itself on its unique art style and universe which makes these stand-bys of RPG games of yesteryear still seem fresh and fun thanks to great execution on Obsidian's part.

If they do DLC I will be all over it.

Got it pre-loaded for tomorrow night. Can't wait to play it, mainly because the thought of playng a non-grindy RPG devoid of lurid anime whiners is very appealing at this point.

adj_noun

So I finally finished it.

Good lord. As a "get you sucked into the world" experience it rivals, if not surpasses, the Arkham series and I never thought I'd say that. It DRIPS South Park and even the few things I didn't care for (some tutorials, for example...) did nothing to take away from that.

Oh man, rolling Mage freaking ruled by the end there. I hope Jew is as good. I'll miss my
firecracker football
immensely.

If they do DLC I will be all over it.

I know they implied they're against DLC, but...I want more episodes. Give me the whole treatment, including opening credits with Douchebag in 'em. Do it. Doitdoitdoit.

KiDdYoNe

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Second night.

I can't properly describe it, but after i kicked the balls (LOL) of the boss, i quit the game. Just because my mouth is in pain and i can't laugh anymore.

How much till the end btw? In human-hours :)

This is soooooooooo good.

I am absolutely loving this game. I played for almost six hours last night. The only issue for me has been the loading between areas.

Well that and a corrupted save. So I'm just leaving my PS3 on.

ekim

The time played shown in the savegame menu is not counting cutscenes, right?

so far the game is GOTY material for me - I'm 3 hours in and just
freed clyde from school

One recommendation: if you are no native english speaking person and have no problems understanding the spoken English, disable the subtitles. They are pretty distracting.

davewiththeid

Neo Member
After finishing this game there seems to be a few good DLC options:
* You never went into the mall
* You never saw the pirates and Trekkies being recruited
* There's probably a legal reason for this, but I don't know how you didn't end up fighting Mecha-Streisand. Her or Kthulu could be really fun, and supply the kind of challenge missing in the main game outside of Al Gore and his Secret Service dicks.

I just want more of this game.

Colasante

How do I throw my fart and choose when to detonate it? Randy is teaching me and I can't seem to get it right or even understand what he's trying to tell me to do. This is infuriating.

How do I throw my fart and choose when to detonate it? Randy is teaching me and I can't seem to get it right or even understand what he's trying to tell me to do. This is infuriating.

Ignore Randy's "instructions" and do it the same way you did the others. The fart's trajectory is set, you have no control over that. Tune the fart to the highest frequency you can and then don't release until the prompt tells you to.

Colasante

Ignore Randy's "instructions" and do it the same way you did the others. The fart's trajectory is set, you have no control over that. Tune the fart to the highest frequency you can and then don't release until the prompt tells you to.

Awesome, that worked perfectly, thanks.

Amir0x

Banned
I am hesitating on whether to get the game today or next week, but I wanted to know: is there now an agreed upon average game length?

Andrew.

Banned

The fact that you have a Kubrick avatar and are asking this is hilarious to me.

As if Kubrick would have issues throwing farts and detonating them. Hes fucking Stanley Kubrick.

adj_noun

* There's probably a legal reason for this, but I don't know how you didn't end up fighting Mecha-Streisand. Her or Kthulu could be really fun, and supply the kind of challenge missing in the main game outside of Al Gore and his Secret Service dicks.

Yeah, the second one totally felt like cut content. I expected a mission or two when that got mentioned.

abundant

Why are the fart tutorials like 10x harder than when you use them in the game world? Easily the worst part of an otherwise great game.

The Cowboy

Also missing/would have been cool:.

* The Airport Hilton (with 1 of the conference setups)
* Quest chains to collect the main casts iconic costumes including: the 4 main standard outfits (the ones they always wear), mysterion, the coon, tool shed & the human kite - I was really hoping this would have been possible (ort least having the chance to just buy them)..
Yeah, the second one totally felt like cut content. I expected a mission or two when that got mentioned.
Me to and it really did feel like cut content,
especially the pirates - we had a quest chain to find the kinder garden children, they should/could have made them all dress up up as pirates and had us find them as the chain to recruit them.

Ferrio

Banned
Why are the fart tutorials like 10x harder than when you use them in the game world? Easily the worst part of an otherwise great game.

GUZmNOa.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
With your analystic ways it'll probably be closer to 30 or 40 dude.

That's true. South Park seems like the type of game I'd spend eight hours in every room trying to find every reference and properly take in every poster :D

Since I never go for achievements/trophies in games, it's my personal way of getting the bang for my buck (plus I actually enjoy doing it heh. The game Gone Home was like a dream game from this perspective)

Top Bottom