• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I feel bad for people playing this on consoles. Runs like a dream on PC. But I'm glad to hear those are the only complains people can muster. Other than the length, of course, but I'm not terribly fond of 40+ hour RPGs anyway.

Sanke__

I feel bad for people playing this on consoles. Runs like a dream on PC. But I'm glad to hear those are the only complains people can muster. Other than the length, of course, but I'm not terribly fond of 40+ hour RPGs anyway.

Honestly the ps3 version is surprisingly good compared to every single other game that has released on last gen consoles in the last year.

Grief.exe

Don't we say that for every game released though?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Now that the framework for the game has been built, I think they should just add DLC stories to the stick of truth game, rather than make a whole new one. I am just not sure what they could add to the engine that would justify another full fledged 60$ game.

Would they really redesign the game for a sequel when it took this much time to do the original game? I guess it would be really easy for them to just use this current engine and tweak it a bit and then make a new story, and then charge 60$......Which is probably what will be done since they are a business LOL

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hmm, when did the game unlock for Europeans? I noticed today I could play it; thought it'd unlock tomorrow.

ThomasCro

Had no bugs except 2 times when I exited the menu screen, my character would start walking in a random direction as if that directional button was pressed, only reloading fixed it.

Belgium - I can play it.

Which class do I need to play though? I died laughing when I started out as a guido jew reject from jersey shore but I'd like to pick the awesomest class. Also from the 2 hours or so I played they need to crank out like 20 more of these.

Clocked in at 17 hours for my first play through. In those 17 hours, I never seen a single glitch, but I did have 2 crashes that both came during ability use in battle.

Aside from that, awesome game. It's rare that I look towards DLC for a game, but this game certainly left me craving more.

Almighty

Finished the game...hmm.....7/10 maybe.

- way too short for an RPG
- no replay value

+ funny
+ attention to detail
+ great music

This would be mine. I played on the PC so the loading screens and performance issues didn't effect me. I also thought most of the side quests were pretty basic and uninteresting.

daycru

Stuck near the beginning
inside Mr. Slave's ass
. There is an battery that shocks me when I try to run past. How do I disable it?

LastNac

Seriously! I was playing on hardcore and i died 3 times in TOTAL. I also do not understand how people do not understand the prompts for the farts. It shows you EXACTLY what to do. There is even a little arrow that shows the direction of the left stick position so you can do it correctly (this I assume is what people didn't see and why they couldn't get past it) The game was too damn easy really, even on Hardcore. But it was a great experience and it will be long remembered in my mind!
So wait, you people want to die in games?

I have given up on the ranged magic tutorial. I don't even know what I'm doing wrong.

I assume you're playing with a keyboard.

Obsidian Forums said:
There's an oval that shows the status of your rumbles.
Look for the arrow around the oval.
A and D moves the arrow back and forth around this oval, use A or D to go around the oval to find the sweet spot where it rumbles.
When you've found it, try to keep it rumbling until the time is up.

The tutorial makes it seem like you need to steadily alternate keys, this is not the case.

If you're using a controller, use the left stick to find the sweet spot.

I went from never wanting this game to eager to pick it up when it's like $20.

Just not a fan of South Park but all the positivity means it is a must have for me to try out when it's cheaper. Fun to follow the thread and other flow of hype around the internet from it.

Good job, Obsidian.

Fucking hell they did a poor job explaining that in game. Cheers.

It's basically the same for all the farts. I agree, it wasn't well explained. I had a rough time with the 3rd one, but basically you just ignore the in-game directions and do the same thing. Find the sweet spot, maintain it and then release when the game tells you to.

Mondy

Banned
I think I've encountered my first major bug on PS3, as it relates to the trophy for killing Kenny 10 times throughout the game. There is a little counter above his health bar that shows how many times he's died, and mine refuses to go higher than 2.

I think I've encountered my first major bug on PS3, as it relates to the trophy for killing Kenny 10 times throughout the game. There is a little counter above his health bar that shows how many times he's died, and mine refuses to go higher than 2.

Could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure thats how many turns until he auto returns to the battle.

DukeBobby

Whenever I feel overpowered, I switch to lower level weapons and armor to make fights harder and last longer.

I really am milking this game for all it's worth. I don't want it to end.

Mondy

Banned
Could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure thats how many turns until he auto returns to the battle.

I don't know, maybe, but I'm almost certain he's died way more than 10 times through my current playthrough, whether being
impaled by his unicorn
or being killed by the enemy. Maybe his
unicorn deaths
don't count.

I don't know, maybe, but I'm almost certain he's died way more than 10 times through my current playthrough, whether being
impaled by his unicorn
or being killed by the enemy. Maybe his
unicorn deaths
don't count.

I looked up an achievement guide and they recommend spamming his
unicorn
ability.

Mondy

Banned
I looked up an achievement guide and they recommend spamming his
unicorn
ability.

Okay then, hmmm. Maybe just have to keep on doing it until it pops. The trophies for this game do tend to take ages to show up after you fulfill the requirements which can be agonizing.

misho8723

Banned
I honestly can't imagine playing this game on a keyboard. You're making the right choice.

I tried to play this on gamepad, like most games on my PC, but i had to switch fast back to mouse+keyboard, and it plays fantastic with them.. the fart magic is so much easier on K+M

vazel

Banned
I tried to play this on gamepad, like most games on my PC, but i had to switch fast back to mouse+keyboard, and it plays fantastic with them.. the fart magic is so much easier on K+M
*ahem* It's called dragonshout.

Edit: nvm dragonshout is just the name for one of the fart magic, it's not the general name for the magic like I thought.

Just finished it. Aside from that button mashy part that hung me up for awhile, it was a great game. Loved the fighting and the story. Didn't really encounter any bugs (360 version), except in one cutscene towards the end my character just kind of existed as a tiny image superimposed over the screen rather than an actual character in the cutscene, pretty weird.

Finished at about 14 hours, didn't quite do everything. There were still some Chimpokomon out there and there were a few quests I didn't complete again. I'll probably start a new game and go with a different class. I did fighter the first time, and it was a great class. Really powerful.

Top Bottom