• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

ScOULaris

Has anyone else experienced graphics corruption in the map? For me it occurred after
busting Craig out of detention
. After that quest was over, I went to my map and saw that most of the snowy areas were now a screwy blue texture instead of what was there before. I have played for about an hour past when it first happened, and the problem seems to be permanent.

If anyone has run into this, did it ever go away?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Done. Had some problems with the control scheme, and some of the minor mini-games were a pain in the ass, but they didn't ruin what was otherwise a good game.

Shocked that Kenny was the final boss. If anyone was going to screw everyone over I figured it would be Cartman.

Found a totally OP gear combo...

buff yourself with things to aid attack and a great weapon (I used the Super Sweet Katana from Jimbos) and equip the swat helmet that lets you attack again after you kill something. You can one shot most things so you can just decimate things.

The Cowboy

I love the little things.

Wondering around the forest
to long gets you sent home by your parents, and following the poster guide gets you to Christmas critters!!!!.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attack on Clydes, when you get the the part where you have to get the snuke, while everyone is wondering who knows about abortions and can make themselves small, just walk out.

Yup i went too far to the left and then BAM end credits, I laughed so hard at that :D

i found the last pair in
stan's sisters bedroom

Thank you! I totally missed that one

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Was the Token's Mansion ever called "Dark Meadows" in the show or is that name new?

There's a mall in Colorado called Park Meadows, so I'm wondering if that's one of their Colorado references.

DukeBobby

Finished it. Did all the side quests, found all the Chinpokomon, but I'm missing two friends.

Annoyingly, I seemed to have missed one that can only be found during the main quest (
I killed the Bishop of Banff instead of taking the fake balls
). God knows where the other one is, though.

Missable stuff aside, I loved every minute of this game. I'm ready to start another playthrough immediately.

Does anyone know what the helmet/equipment between the SWAT costume set and the Underpants Helmet is in the list? It's the only one I'm missing and I don't know what it is/where to look. >.>

Eusis

One reviewer said that part was awful. I'll never listen to a word he says ever again.
But maybe he's right.
Everyone should've been 16-bit style and with DQ battles!

And holy crap TVtropes spoils the part about that area that's the REAL surprise, though you probably shouldn't head there for anything you don't want remotely spoiled anyway.

Nakazato

This Game was the shit had so much fun from start to finish

9/10 Great game Hope we see some 3 to 5 hour DLCs

Edit: Last fight before the end spoilers
It was nice to see Chef (RIP Issac Hayes)

Log4Girlz

Btw you can get to 100 friends even when missing a few

I missed lemmiwinks the first time. You may miss one of Cartman's dolls if you don't have him in your party and visit his room

This game is so buggy. (ps3)
1st time the game errored on install for some reason.
2nd i couldnt move my battle wheel.
and its the 3rd time i just got stuck in battle after eating a health thing.

also, this game has a PRESS START screen.. why?

Valkrai

So saw the movie trailers at the theatre. The Rob Schneider jokes were hilarious and the Saving Private Ryan rerelease trailer was the best.

Also,
how do you get that government guy as a party member. Beat the game but don't see him in the party.

Sanjuro

Just finished the game. Simply beautiful.

Would have been my GOTY last year, good chance it'll be mine this year. Just a ton of fun to play with the perfect length.

One reviewer said that part was awful. I'll never listen to a word he says ever again.

Really? That part was awesome.

Just finished the game. Simply beautiful.

Would have been my GOTY last year, good chance it'll be mine this year. Just a ton of fun to play with the perfect length.

Yeah, I think it would have been mine too if it had made it. And it certainly stands a good chance of making it this year.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
PC bug list...

Tall goth kid would randomly pop up on the right side of my screen. Only happened two or three times though.

Music would cut out occasionally, but not often at all.

Character would flick on and then disappear from the screen
Cut scene with Catatafish before you disarm the snuke

I just finished it up. I usually don't rush through a game, but everyone seemed to not care about throwing spoilers up. Reddit is reddit, but I hate seeing shit like "LOL look what I found in this game" even worse the south park twitter is retweeting stuff people are posting. Hell, a lot of reviews seem to be way too spoiler friendly as well.

I checked my save data time and it is telling me 11:26. I still need to get all the friends and do a handful of side quests, but I got a large majority of stuff done. It's weird looking back at the old trailers and seeing what was changed around.

I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish. This made up from the episode deficit from this last season. I appreciate the "hold to skip" for cutscenes to insure that I didn't accidentally miss a joke. The general gameplay was a bit lacking to me though. It was pretty easy to become overpowered in many situations, but I really enjoyed the strap-on and patch system as it added another layer of depth to the combat. I think I died in combat a handful of times and half of them were due to one side quest battle. The summon system didn't really come into play for me. I only used it twice and really didn't feel the need to summon in many of my battles. The defeat enemies outside of battle system was a great way to mix up gameplay as well.

The original music in the game seemed kind of weak. I can recall the general overworld song since you hear it most of the game, but it wasn't something I would call "great". I would have hoped from a more catchy and memorable battle song. Nothing too rockish like "montage" or "let's fighting love", but something that would have filled in the void that seemed to exist between the banter.

I was playing on the PS3 and noticed the performance issues. I, too, got the weird install corruption thing mentioned above when I first tried to play the game. I have no idea why such a thing would happen, but once I deleted the data and tried again I got it no problem. I got some weird things pop up every now and then. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is that an in game tip dialogue stuck on screen after I went into the Facebook menu and blocked what was on the screen.

If Trey Parker and Matt Stone ever feel inclined to make another South Park game, I hope they follow up with the superhero motif from the Coon trilogy. I think that mixes the "kids being kids" motif they love to go with a possible good gameplay environment.

kudoboi

anyone else having a problem on PC where the controller isnt getting detected? my 360 controller is plugged in but the game only detects my KB and M

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
anyone else having a problem on PC where the controller isnt getting detected? my 360 controller is plugged in but the game only detects my KB and M

I never got the game to recognize my controller and had to play keyboard only. Which would have been a lot easier if I change the keys.

xexon

Banned
Just finished it. Steam says 13 hours. It is in my top 5 games of alltime easy. I will play this game many many times for years to come. Well done obsidian.

Almighty

I never got the game to recognize my controller and had to play keyboard only. Which would have been a lot easier if I change the keys.

This reminded me that you can't rebind the keys in this game. As strange as it sounds that was one of my biggest disappointments in the game. I expected better Obsidian. Having to hold down shift to run was garbage.

Top Bottom