• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Man, game is fantastic. Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.

Couple of questions:

- I've received the quest to find three new party members after the inititial tutorial. Is it better to still follow the questline at this point, or is it fine to start exploring everywhere.

- The treasure indicators on the map. Does that mean there's treasure you haven't found, or is it treasure you have found? Because it's still showing a treasure icon at places at the start I've searched thoroughly.

Kolgar

This game is getting nearly universal praise here. Heaping amounts of it.

Good to see. It's deserving of it. Not that I'd have expected anything less from Matt and Trey, but I am grateful to them for their effort and for setting such a great example for the rest of the industry.

Hope the game wins the success it deserves.

Social

PC bug list...

Tall goth kid would randomly pop up on the right side of my screen. Only happened two or three times though.

Not a bug, it's the loading screen where he sometimes shows, it just loads super fast at that point, giving you the pop in effect of the goth kid

I disagree with people saying you need to be a South Park fan to enjoy the humour and the references in this game. My girlfriend has never seen a single episode and she's finding it as funny as I am.

MrBS

My grand wizard edition arrived from the US today. So far I'm an hour in and very happy. This game is South Park.

Does this game get harder? I find it's been pretty easy, except for
the alien pilots.

Probably the most fun fight of the game so far, save maybe for the group just before the bard.

-MD-

Does this game get harder? I find it's been pretty easy, except for
the alien pilots.

Probably the most fun fight of the game so far, save maybe for the group just before the bard.

It never gets hard. There are a couple decently challenging fights though.

Loving the game, the nostalgia is brilliant. Love exploring peoples houses just to see things and nods to things from the show.

How does the saving system work btw? I saved just after the initial scenes at Cartmans camp, and i went in to his house. When I went to load the game, it took me back to the set piece beforehand?

I've seen a couple people say they had funky save issues like that but the ~4 times I saved and quit out it always put me in the exact same spot I saved at.

jonno394

Loving the game, the nostalgia is brilliant. Love exploring peoples houses just to see things and nods to things from the show.

How does the saving system work btw? I saved just after the initial scenes at Cartmans camp, and i went in to his house. When I went to load the game, it took me back to the set piece beforehand?

Danj

This finally unlocked for me this morning, and I've been playing it for hours already. So awesome. So funny.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Started playing yesterday at 7pm, played till 2am. Don't remember last game I played that long. Finished the main game, looks like there some post game stuff to go back for.

I've really been looking forward to playing this game even though I haven't watched South Park for years. The gameplay mechanics of the game, as well as the developers and writers and classic look of the game have attracted me.

Tried looking up if the game is censored in the UK, and from that I can tell, the PC version isn't but consoles are? How does that even make sense?

How does console censorship even work. Is content removed from the game or is it done by XBL/PSN region or something? (Some blu-rays are censored this way so I thought it may be with games too?)

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finally had my first challenging fight. The
Alien Pilot and Co-pilot
. It was really only an issue because
the Co-pilot would get an attack boost when you killed the Pilot and would attack twice, but if I killed the Co-pilot first that wasn't an issue.

BlackEyes

Can someone explain to me the whole thief thing? i'm pretty ahead of the game and i only got so far a lvl 4 dagger, i mean i'm already lvl 10 and i know i can wear other weapons but i thought if u wear ur job priority weapon u will be stronger? i can't find a god damn dagger in any shop that is above lvl 3, so to wear other weapons?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Can someone explain to me the whole thief thing? i'm pretty ahead of the game and i only got so far a lvl 4 dagger, i mean i'm already lvl 10 and i know i can wear other weapons but i thought if u wear ur job priority weapon u will be stronger? i can't find a god damn dagger in any shop that is above lvl 3, so to wear other weapons?

yeah you can but you really dont need to i didnt use anything other then the shove dagger till i got the manbearpig weapon just put gross damage on your dagger and your bleeds mixed with gross damage will easily kill things by itself

Andrew.

Banned
The
Al Gore
battle was tough, but I did it at level 9. The
Super Cereal
weapon you get afterwards is well worth it.

It's all about Speed Potions and wiping out the agents beforehand. Fire and bleeding effects work wonders too.

Also, Stans sidequest: Fighting
Shelly
was a fucking breeze. I summoned
Mr Slave
and she was one and done in ONE turn. 13k worth of damage all
shoved up his ass

Regarding Jimmys sidequest: Summoning
Jesus
to take out the
Nazi cows
can wipe them out in one turn also.

NEO0MJ

Just beat the game. Took me a bit under 11 hours, even though I completed all but two side quests, which I almost completed anyway
couldn't find the last hiding kid and missing a Hobo
but I felt the game was well worth the money spent.
Had a good laugh when I fought
Chef. I was expecting a reference to him but not a boss fight. I wonder why they retconned Darth Chef out of existence, though. And Not fighting Clyde was strange, though the Princess Kenny Fight was entertaining. I only saw Butters' and Kyle's Spacial boss attack, though.

No Love

Banned
Just booted up the game to see how it would run on my laptop (perfectly btw, game looks great).

Skipped all the cutscenes just to get into the game and the first thing I did was take a dump in the toilet and picked up a shit nugget.

Oh this is going to be fun.

Edit: There's a DLC option in the main menu...does that mean we could expect new content down the line (despite Matt and Trey appearing burnt out etc etc.)

What kind of laptop do you have? I'm wondering if this will run on my Ultrabook with Intel HD 4400 GPU... it'd be nice not to have to play it on my desktop sometimes. Edit: I guess it will considering people are playing it on weaker Surface PRo 2's...

Sendou

Either this is a game breaking bug or I'm missing something crucial. Light spoilers from relatively beginning below.

In the school brass room there's one kid hurt. I saved and loaded which causes the "buddy help" icon to disappear. So I can't interact with him and can't continue with the main quest line. I already helped him too but the way the game saving system works threw me back a bit.

Luckily there's another save 3 minutes ago but playing this games feels so dangerous to play :/ My platform is PC.

ElRenoRaven

The
Al Gore
battle was tough, but I did it at level 9. The
Super Cereal
weapon you get afterwards is well worth it.

It's all about Speed Potions and wiping out the agents beforehand. Fire and bleeding effects work wonders too.

Shelly
Mr Slave
shoved up his ass

Jesus
to take out the
Nazi cows

Yup speed potions make that fight so easy. I used them on both my and my companions turns and down they went quick. After that it was a matter of mopping up the rest. As for me I'm 6 hours in and just finished
The Alien ship
I lost my shit here. I could not stop laughing my ass off.

Hellers

What kind of laptop do you have? I'm wondering if this will run on my Ultrabook with Intel HD 4400 GPU... it'd be nice not to have to play it on my desktop sometimes. Edit: I guess it will considering people are playing it on weaker Surface PRo 2's...

I'm running it on a Lenovo Yoga 2 11. I'm pretty sure that's running the 4400 GPU (It's certainly not a beast) and fraps reports an almost rock solid 30fps. I think it only dips when it autosaves.

Hugstable

Banned
Is the 20% GreenManGaming coupon not working for South Park anymore? I tried using it right now and I just keep getting back that it's not a valid voucher. I thought it was supposed to be good until the 14th or so :(. Had to wait to get paid today before I was able to buy the game, and now I'm finding out it might not even work anymore.

No Love

Banned
I'm running it on a Lenovo Yoga 2 11. I'm pretty sure that's running the 4400 GPU (It's certainly not a beast) and fraps reports an almost rock solid 30fps. I think it only dips when it autosaves.

Perfect. That's the same Intel GPU I have on my XPS 12. This game is not demanding AT ALL. The 4400 is as powerful as a Radeon 7550M so it does the job.

Dr Dogg

Those of you in the UK there's and interview with Matt in The Metro today that was a good read. Just the normal PR fluff piece but touched on a few bits.

Guys I'm sorry, I don't mean to get people upset...but anyone else kinda have a hankering for a MMO or Mini-MMO? Like maybe co-op. I think with all the varieties of outfits, fuck man I wanna play with a bunch of people.

Bizarrely when I was doing all the side quests I had a similar kind of throughout. Maybe released like an episode at a time with a few concurrent plot lines running through out. Could be interesting to see as thier clearly is enough scope from the South Park universe to do it.

abundant

Shelly
Mr Slave
shoved up his ass

Jesus
to take out the
Nazi cows

All summons end the battle in one turn. This is why you can't use them in boss battles and why you only get three uses per summon (1 use per day).

GuessWho

great game. Out of curiosity, how far am I into the game? I just
bought the gear for recruiting goth kids and now got intercepted by the elves.

Darksol

great game. Out of curiosity, how far am I into the game? I just
bought the gear for recruiting goth kids and now got intercepted by the elves.

60-65% through the main story I'd say. Depends if you take your time, or if you just pursue the main quest.

FHIZ

Okay... holy difficulty spike, how do you beat

Al Gore? My biggest problem is I can't seem to do a single bit of damage to the secret service agents he summons.

Ridley327

Okay... holy difficulty spike, how do you beat

Al Gore? My biggest problem is I can't seem to do a single bit of damage to the secret service agents he summons.

What class are you playing? With a thief, all the bleeding you can cause makes that fight pretty simple, but if you do need a universal strategy, try using Butters' Professor Chaos ability. One of the options you can land on gives you an armor shield that lasts for quite a few hits, which can give you badly needed breathing room while the boss does his thing.

It's a tough fight (probably the most challenging one through day 2), but the conclusion to that quest line is so worth the pain.

FHIZ

What class are you playing? With a thief, all the bleeding you can cause makes that fight pretty simple, but if you do need a universal strategy, try using Butters' Professor Chaos ability. One of the options you can land on gives you an armor shield that lasts for quite a few hits, which can give you badly needed breathing room while the boss does his thing.

It's a tough fight (probably the most challenging one through day 2), but the conclusion to that quest line is so worth the pain.

I'm playing as a Jew, if that helps. But it's the boss's guards that are really causing me to lose each time. I'm doing like 1 damage on them. I thought "Oh, okay, that means use heavy attacks" but even then, hardly hurting them at all.

Also, random note, how do you get to the kid outside of Stan's (I think?) house. When you first pass him he says "you can't see me, I'm invisible" or something like that.

krae_man

Does the game have crafting? I've only played for a couple hours and spent most of it raiding every drawer I can open. I have a pile of random crap and I'm not sure if it's all there just to sell or if it can be used to make something later.

Ridley327

I'm playing as a Jew, if that helps. But it's the boss's guards that are really causing me to lose each time. I'm doing like 1 damage on them. I thought "Oh, okay, that means use heavy attacks" but even then, hardly hurting them at all.

Also, random note, how do you get to the kid outside of Stan's (I think?) house. When you first pass him he says "you can't see me, I'm invisible" or something like that.

The one in the bushes? It's related to an ability you get later on.

Top Bottom