• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Spiderduff

While playing this I honestly had so many laugh out loud moments. I enjoyed every second of it. I had such a good time playing it. I too, like all of you, want more.

Log4Girlz

Guys I'm sorry, I don't mean to get people upset...but anyone else kinda have a hankering for a MMO or Mini-MMO? Like maybe co-op. I think with all the varieties of outfits, fuck man I wanna play with a bunch of people.

Oscar

Does anyone know if certain gear becomes unavailable to purchase as the game progresses? I'm waiting until the end to start buying everything.

iavi

I almost feel like the music being so good in this game is a joke in itself. I would NEVER expected them to take the route they did with the score, and for it to be this good at that. I love it.

SoulUnison

Banned
Does this game ever get harder? I started on Hardcore difficulty from the beginning, and I think I spent a long time wandering around just exploring and collecting and laughing at things before I even did the quest to recruit the first 3 kids.

I'm just now on
Day 2
and the only time I've never even been close to losing in combat. The only time I've ever died was when I didn't realize the game had an "environmental kill" system and I stood in a puddle after I'd knocked a neon sign into it and was electrocuted.

I guess I might be playing the game a bit wrong if I was expecting a really challenging gameplay experience, but it'd help to up the tension and make it feel a little less like just an episode with video gaming elements thrown in if the combat had a little bit of tension to it. Not bashing the game - I've been laughing out loud the whole way through -I'm just surprised at how easy and abusable the combat and equipment mechanics can be.

I'd imagine playing on Normal would be a cakewalk, and playing on Easy would basically be "cutscene mode."

Does this game ever get harder? I started on Hardcore difficulty from the beginning, and I think I spent a long time wandering around just exploring and collecting and laughing at things before I even did the quest to recruit the first 3 kids.

I'm just now on
Day 2
and the only time I've never even been close to losing in combat. The only time I've ever died was when I didn't realize the game had an "environmental kill" system and I stood in a puddle after I'd knocked a neon sign into it and was electrocuted.

No, the game is pretty easy.

There is like one hard fight.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I have a stupid question .. it's about the rhinoplasty, spoilering in case.

does doing something like using the hoff's face require licensing and agreements ?

DukeBobby

No, not really. Aside from one fight the game is pretty easy.

I equipped weaker weapons/armor and removed strap-ons, just to make the game harder at some points.

I am at the part where
I need the abortion records to be translated from French

How much longer do I have if I don't really do side quests?

Lace

I am at the part where
I need the abortion records to be translated from French

How much longer do I have if I don't really do side quests?
Probably about 2-3 hours.

Also just finished the game and it was amazing. I really hope they will be doing another. By far the best South Park game ever made.

Timu

The game glitched out on me as the screen started to flicker, then I couldn't see my character, or the enemies, in fact I can't select anything, I can't post a pic because it seems a bit spoilery, but I'm at the part
where your parents are having sex as you fight gnomes.

Thankfully I have a back up save, I'll try again later.

adamsapple

Kind of disappointed a the screen time given to the
woodland critters

not even a dedicated quest.

This game is awesome I cant stop playing it

Just a question:
I went to Tower of Piece and defeat some mongols there then the guy who gave me the mission gave me a summon option
. I used it once but I don't have the option now Why?
Can we use summon a person for multiple times? or its just can be used for one time?

Xevren

This game is awesome I cant stop playing it

Just a question:
I went to Tower of Piece and defeat some mongols there then the guy who gave me the mission gave me a summon option
. I used it once but I don't have the option now Why?
Can we use summon a person for multiple times? or its just can be used for one time?

Once per day, see the person that gave you the item the next day to get another one.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm not that far in, about to embark on the mission in the school but I liked the start when you first go to Cartmans, you interact with hospital mum in the kitchen and Cartman says "Don't talk to her, she's not part of the game. =D

Oscar

I completely missed how dyes work. Can someone clue me in?
They're unlimited use, you find different dyes along with junk. On the inventory menu, highlight the equipment you wish to dye and press Triangle/Y (It's an option listed) to dye it.

I believe you can only dye gloves/chest and non-class specific head armor.

ThomasCro

Absolutely phenomenal game.

I never wanted to live in South Park before playing this, now it all changed.

It will probably change the way I look at the show now, too.

I finished the game yesterday and I'm already feeling nostalgia for the moment when my character first met everyone.

will i like this if i've never seen south park? i love obsidian's work.

Probably. There are a ton of references but I'm sure it'd still be funny even if you aren't a fan. With that said, it'll probably seem ridiculously random to you. It's a decent RPG though, just taking the game on its own, though the comments about it being pretty easy and relatively short for an RPG aren't wrong. I've been playing on Normal, but if you want any sort of challenge you'll definitely want to raise the difficulty.

I don't really think this would be worth full price for a non South Park fan, but if you can rent it or get it for a good deal then I'd totally recommend checking it out. I've personally enjoyed this game more than most games I played last year.

Having alot of trouble getting the timing down on the Fighter's Ground stomp ability just when are you supposed to press down in order to perfect the attack?

erawsd

Would you say this game is mechanically interesting, or is it mainly appealing for the humor?

I think the game is mechanically interesting, its no Bravely Default but there is a very surprising amount of depth. Unfortunately, the PC becomes insanely powerful very quickly and just undermines all of it.

Combat is still fun but the humor is def the reason to play.

Log4Girlz

I think the game is mechanically interesting, its no Bravely Default but there is a very surprising amount of depth. Unfortunately, the PC becomes insanely powerful very quickly and just undermines all of it.

Here's to hoping for

DLC for more content and

Patches to tweek difficulty

dandoolan

England finally gets this game today. I'm sure it will keep many occupied over the weekend. Unless, like me, amazon decided to ship the package late and now you probably won't see the game until Monday...

Fuck.

adamsapple

Here's to hoping for

DLC for more content and

Patches to tweek difficulty

and a patch to tweak some of the stuttering while auto saving .

or hell, just give an option to disable auto saving, since ya know, obsidian game and all.. you practically NEED to make a few manual saves.

Having alot of trouble getting the timing down on the Fighter's Ground stomp ability just when are you supposed to press down in order to perfect the attack?

I found it really easy, and hit nothing but Perfects. Just time your down-flick of the stick with the character's position when he's the most horizontal to get it right.

Eusis

Yeah, at least on hardcore there's enough bite and solid enough design that the combat isn't JUST a means to an end, though it's definitely the South Park theatrics that are the main attraction. Still, it's no Alpha Protocol where the "wrong" build will screw you in the end game far as I can tell, though I guess it helps that it's more "how do you want to specialize in combat?" than "how do you want to approach each encounter?"

glaurung

Only received my super cheap €20 PC copy today, installed it remotely on my home PC.

I took a quick look at the configuration file and it has some interesting options:
Code:
; render post-process settings
enable_postprocess                      = true
enable_depth_of_field                   = false
enable_bloom                            = false
enable_antialias                        = false
enable_color_correction                 = false
enable_color_controls			= false
enable_fog				= false
enable_heat_haze                        = true
enable_transparent_depth 		= false
motion_blur_enable                      = false
motion_blur_scale                       = 0.5
motion_blur_max_length                  = 0.3
movie_sharpen_amount			= 0.0
movie_sharpen_radius			= 0.0
scaleform_edge_aa                       = 1.0
Can anyone comment on these? They're not present in the game options screen.

Soule

Just finished it, so happy my copy wasn't a censored Australian version (thank you Stronghammer!). Thoroughly enjoyed it, laughed plenty and am pretty sure I'll be going back through to try to get as many of the achievements as possible.

psychotron

Finally started the game yesterday after watching the Black Friday episodes. Holy shit this game is awesome!! I was smiling ear to ear just walking around searching closets and everything. What an amazing game that is more fun than anything I've played on PS4/Xbox One. Performance wise the game is running fine for me on PS3.

ttech10

will i like this if i've never seen south park? i love obsidian's work.

A big part of it for friends and I is the references to South Park episodes. I'm a few hours in and 90% of the humor is based on the show, and to us the humor is the major player in the game.

There is still the entertaining element of exploring the town and going through fights and dungeon type layouts of locations, but the driving force behind the game is the humor. When it comes to the actual fighting mechanics, as mentioned a few times on here, it can be a little on the weak side. If I were playing the game and knew nothing about the show, it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable, but it would still be entertaining for a single playthrough.

Just booted up the game to see how it would run on my laptop (perfectly btw, game looks great).

Skipped all the cutscenes just to get into the game and the first thing I did was take a dump in the toilet and picked up a shit nugget.

Oh this is going to be fun.

Edit: There's a DLC option in the main menu...does that mean we could expect new content down the line (despite Matt and Trey appearing burnt out etc etc.)

Top Bottom