• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Reposting from previous page. I just beat him last night.

A lot of the attacks you get as a fighter only deal damage to one enemy at a time. I think mages & thieves have attacks that deal deal damage to all the enemies at once.

As a fighter I've resorted to using
Butters' Professor Chaos
move to sort of deal damage to the whole opposing side.

I used Butters and his Professor Chaos attack. Pair that with speed potions and you'll beat them.

Block Global Warming. Use Butters Pr.Chaos. Buy Coffee for Double attacks. Make sure you bleed him as well it helps a hell of a lot

Thanks, failed the first time but did it just now.

No Love

Banned
I recommend playing as a warrior. It seems to be just the right amount of challenge and doesn't really have any game breaking multi-hit attacks as far as I can tell.

This must be true because I did my first play through (almost done it) as a fighter and I found the game to be challenging at times on normal. I was wondering why I kept hearing people say that the game was too easy, and realized that they were mostly from Mages. I have to use items a lot as a fighter, the speed potion specifically comes in handy a lot.

Wish I had picked Fighter because the Jew is overpowered too. I'm already Level 5 (not done with Day 1 yet) and I've crushed everything I've come across. Equipment is way overpowered, and I don't even use special abilities. Ranged attacks are ridiculous (especially once you get the Mongolian Bow... and then everything that comes after it)...

I really am thinking about just using shitty equipment and no potions to make the game a challenge. Don't get me wrong, it's fun as hell exploring South Park and fighting random kids, hobos, and dogs but man I wish they had a super hardcore mode which made every battle a bitch to fight through.

Pretty sure right now at Level 5 I could destroy any boss in the game. We'll see. I wish there was a way to stop leveling up (avoid random battles I guess?) and really make this game hard. I can't imagine what it's going to be like at Level 10...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I caught up with a mate last night who'd purchased the PS3 version of the game, and it's frankly ridiculous how much of a stuttering mess it is. The load times themselves are bearable, but more often than not each transition is met with a few seconds of residual load stutter which can make exploring something of a bother.

kris.

Banned
the
fight with the gnomes while your parents have sex in the background and then on the bed
is one of the most ridiculous things i've ever seen in a video game. having so much fun with this game.

Finished it. Early contender for GOTY 2014: this game is just amazing on so many levels. It's 100% South Park, and yet it's a great RPG at the same time. I laughed my ass of so many times.

I'm gonna try and get a 100% on this. I feel like I have to. :lol

Has anyone else had problems getting past the anal probe scene? I've tried it with an Xbox 360 controller and a mechanical keyboard but I can't get past the second probe.

I have Cerebral Palsy and it boils my piss when games have button mashing sections as I often can't proceed.

DedValve

Banned
Is anybody else having trouble in the final battle glitching?

after I defeat clyde I go up to the top of the treehouse, immediately a cutscene starts, abruptly stops, and credits played all messed up with a green overlay (and the credits are not centered on the tv). Upon waiting till the credits are done it takes me to the gameover screen. The farthest I got in the cutscene was hearing Randy but the stupid green overlay shows up.

Tried 3 times now.

Has anyone else had problems getting past the anal probe scene? I've tried it with an Xbox 360 controller and a mechanical keyboard but I can't get past the second probe.

I have Cerebral Palsy and it boils my piss when games have button mashing sections as I often can't proceed.

They're really tough, and the thing is, with this game I'm not sure of it's intentional or not. But they're easily the worst part of the game.

Is anybody else having trouble in the final battle glitching?

after I defeat clyde I go up to the top of the treehouse, immediately a cutscene starts, abruptly stops, and credits played all messed up with a green overlay (and the credits are not centered on the tv). Upon waiting till the credits are done it takes me to the gameover screen. The farthest I got in the cutscene was hearing Randy but the stupid green overlay shows up.

Tried 3 times now.

That's weird. The game isn't supposed to end there yet.

DedValve

Banned
They're really tough, and the thing is, with this game I'm not sure of it's intentional or not. But they're easily the worst part of the game.

That's weird. The game isn't supposed to end there yet.

Actually the learning new fart sections are the absolute worse thing in the game. So bad that I would go as far to say as they bring down the overall (excellent) experience.

That and this shit

IMG_20140307_190316_zpsuvorclkv.jpg

wtf is this? Most of the times it just goes straight to credits (which is even more fucked up).

The one time it didn't come out like this it was centered on my character the entire time and I could only hear randy's voice. I'm using my imagination for this part.

EDIT: Can somebody explain the cutscene? Audio cuts out which is fantastic and I refuse to search online and run the risk of spoiling the ending.

why am I performing an internal abortion on mr. slave?

EDIT 2: I can't do it. The characters keep telling me "if only there was someone small and can perform..." no button prompts show up and then I get credits. Goddamnit.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
So finally got to play this some. Stupid steam client was the problem but updating solved the looping problem. So far its fun, feels like old SP before Matt and Trey went really crazy with Libertarianism but it is early. Combat is really lame, though.

WasMachinator

Neo Member

I had the same, what solved it for me was this:

put your index finger and middle finger on the S key next to eachother and then start push the button after eachother. so when you lift the index finger the middle finger goes down. That solved it for me after trying 30 min..

Veggy

This game is everything I could have ever wanted as a big South Park fan

It does have a few problems though, like the framerate during autosave and I've had battle music not play at all a number of times. The game completely crashed once during a battle and I had to switch my PS3 off

I'm about 12 or so hours in

Lurky

Has anyone found all of the hobo settlements yet? Oh and is one of the kindergarteners in
Canada
? Because I can't go there yet.

-MD-

Has anyone found all of the hobo settlements yet? Oh and is one of the kindergarteners in
Canada
? Because I can't go there yet.

Both of those quests are completed entirely in South Park.

Hobo quest spoiler -
if you're missing the last one, it's probably the one near the middle of town near a bench, there's a tree to the left of the bench you can go behind. That's the one everyone misses.

Kids quest spoiler -
Check the bank

I dunno if its just me.. but i have a completely black title screen which says PRESS START.
is there supposed to be an image? if not, its the worst title screen i've ever seen in my life.

Hugstable

Banned
Need some quick help.

Just bought the game and just launched it, but I can't seem to use my keyboard or mouse in game, it just has 360 button prompts. I usually use a ps3 controller when I use it and use it with the Xinput Wrapper drivers, but it's not currently connected. I'm not sure if something is bugged out or not I kept restarting the game and I'm about to restart my computer.

Lurky

Both of those quests are completed entirely in South Park.

Hobo quest spoiler -
if you're missing the last one, it's probably the one near the middle of town near a bench, there's a tree to the left of the bench you can go behind. That's the one everyone misses.

Kids quest spoiler -
Check the bank

I'm pretty sure that's the hobo I'm missing. I just can't seem to find him though. Do you mean
in front of the city hall or a different bench?

I'm pretty sure that's the hobo I'm missing. I just can't seem to find him though. Do you mean

if you leave your house to the left you get to the first timmy checkpoint, there is tree with a bench there, go behind the tree there is a secret pass to a hobo hideout.

Have you found the kindergartner at Starks pond?

Vamphuntr

It's the
bench to the left of the South Park Sign. If you keep going left from the New Kid home you eventually reach the South Park Town Sign. Cross the street and go left behind the bench. It leads to an area behind a loading screen with a hobo camp.

Lurky

if you leave your house to the left you get to the first timmy checkpoint, there is tree with a bench there, go behind the tree there is a secret pass to a hobo hideout.

Have you found the kindergartner at Starks pond?

Thanks, that was the only thing I was missing. :)
Damn hobos were mocking me.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Has anyone had any strange graphical glitches in the sewers? Everything else has been fine for me so far except a few areas down there.

And the
special buff of the SWAT helmet
is so OP.

Lurky

Has anyone had any strange graphical glitches in the sewers? Everything else has been fine for me so far except a few areas down there.

And the
special buff of the SWAT helmet
is so OP.

Not me, but then again I'm playing on the PC version. The only glitch I've seen so far was during one of the cut scenes a person disappeared for a second. And yeah that shit is super OP.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not me, but then again I'm playing on the PC version. The only glitch I've seen so far was during one of the cut scenes a person disappeared for a second. And yeah That shit is super OP.

I'm playing the PC version too lol. Oh well, I won't worry too much about it.

Sanctuary

God, I already beat the game and only on my second playthrough did I realize how you can completely cheat with Butter's final ability. You can also quickly amass quite a bit of money without even fighting if you're so inclined.

AHA-Lambda

Anyone got any hints for
Al Gore
?

He's seriously kicking my ass =/

Also, I haven't found it yet but how
do you get to Canada?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i find it amusing that this game is at 84 on Metacritic. i think thats going to be its final resting spot.

SoT is also still the top selling game on Steam beating out Rust and Day Z.

Lurky

Anyone got any hints for
Al Gore
?

He's seriously kicking my ass =/

Also, I haven't found it yet but how
do you get to Canada?

Make sure that
Al Gore doesn't die first or you auto-die.
I learned the hard way. Other than that, making them bleed and speed potions should make things go smoothly.

I'm having a problem learning the sneaky squeeker from Randy. At the very start, when he asks you to fart on him... I'm unable to.

Is there a bug on the 360 version?

I'm having a problem learning the sneaky squeeker from Randy. At the very start, when he asks you to fart on him... I'm unable to.

Is there a bug on the 360 version?

You need to find the right frequency in the oval. Watch his explanation carefully dont watch the button presses, just look at the oval. I think you should be able to figure out what to do afterwards.

You need to find the right frequency in the oval. Watch his explanation carefully dont watch the button presses, just look at the oval. I think you should be able to figure out what to do afterwards.

I'm not even getting that far... it's the first fart, the one he avoids before teaching you. That happens immediately upon entering the bathroom.
There isn't an oval, just the 2 thumbstick prompts.

Sanctuary

It never occurred to me that pausing would
pause the wheel. You just keep hitting start to pause and unpause and then you hit A (or X) on whichever power you want him to use while it's paused. The hammer icon that looks like his taunt special is a damaging full screen stun and entirely broken. On enemies that cannot be stunned, you would just pick the damage cloak.

To get money, just go downtown and smash the parking meters (there's six I think), then simply move to the next screen to reset them. I'm not entirely sure if wearing +% money patches and clothing increases the amount like it does with everything else, but each meter drops between .15 - .75, usually around .40.

Top Bottom