• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

So I just saw the Jew skilltree and one of the skills mentions
summon a prophet with 'fire powers'. ...is that Muhammad?

Anyone got any hints for
Al Gore
?

He's seriously kicking my ass =/

Also, I haven't found it yet but how
do you get to Canada?

As a Fighter, the fully upgraded Ground Stomp does high damage to all enemies and then stuns them. Made the battle a piece of cake.

Sanctuary

Al Gore is kicking my ass. I can't even get close to beating him and his crew.

With so many people in this thread mentioning the difficulty of that fight, I'm not even sure it deserves spoiler tags anymore.

Anyway:

Stuns own this fight entirely. You can also just use Jimmy if you're at that point in the game to sing all of the adds to sleep. Otherwise, you need a stun ability that has been upgraded to last longer.

Make sure to use speed potions. They give you two attacks per turn.

Focus on killing the adds. Apply bleed (x5) and gross on all of them and then put them to sleep if you don't have stuns. If you've stunned them, you can keep attacking at will.

Butters is God Mode. Just keep pausing and unpausing his wheel and then hit A (X on PS3) to pick the red hammer icon while the game is paused. It's a full screen stun that also does damage. Have him use power potions as necessary and keep the adds stunned.

Yeah, I'm glad I watched it after finishing the game.

The launch trailer spoils a lot of stuff too.

Why do reviewers on youtube insist on spoiling everything for people? I'm starting to think I am one of the only few that like to keep my video review spoilers down to a minimum.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Make sure that
Al Gore doesn't die first or you auto-die.
I learned the hard way. Other than that, making them bleed and speed potions should make things go smoothly.

Ha! My tactic was to
kill Al Gore first
because that would make sense in most games right? I got really close but didn't get it and then I got Butters shield so I beat it that way

Edit: I think the game might have felt sorry for me or I just got stupid luck because I was trying all of my buddies to see which one would work best and I got the shields from Butters over and over lol. At the time I was pissed, because I wanted to blow shit up, but then it worked and I was like "Ooooh"

Why do reviewers on youtube insist on spoiling everything for people? I'm starting to think I am one of the only few that like to keep my video review spoilers down to a minimum.

Even GT had a ton of spoilers. They showed almost all of the bosses including
Nazi Zombie Chef, and the Nazi Zombie Giant Fetus
(who are both borderline end game bosses). I watched the GT review on the day it was coming out, and I stopped it half way because I knew they were showing the wrong things. They were even showing some of the best jokes, which isn't a good thing to see for this game.

Great game! Beat it in 13 hours doing all side quests. Performance was kinda shitty on ps3 but it didn't bother me much. Hope for some dlc with the ending!

Beef

Great game, first I've completed in a while. 15 hours-ish, any longer may have dragged it out a bit too much, ahaha. Definitely some cringe worthy stuff, it amazes me the south park guys can still make shocking content after all these years.

Finished day 1 today, fantastic game. I wouldn't be pissed if Matt and Trey stop the show and just work on making sequels to this game from now on! Lol.

It'd be a shame to stop already.

So, can I call this my favorite game of this gen? or at least the most fun I've had. Holy crap, the amount of humor is just way too much to handle.

I haven't seen South Park since 2007, probably. Yet, I just keep laughing and saying "holy crap, they actually DID that?"

The combat is such a fucking blast. It seriously gets better and better.

I'm surprised how great the music on the game is. Not a single bug, glitch or stutter on my side (PC Version)

Overall, whatever interest on videogames The Last of Us managed to kill inside me (I think is a good game but is not the point of this discussion) The Stick of Truth came to rescue it and put it back where it always was. I can't wait for a 2nd replay.

Lurky

Ha! My tactic was to
kill Al Gore first
because that would make sense in most games right? I got really close but didn't get it and then I got Butters shield so I beat it that way

Actually, that reminds me. Is Butters considered the best buddy? I've been using Kyle for his arrow thing that makes all enemies bleed afterwards.

Milennia

Ok, i just finished the campaign.
honestly i felt it ended a little too quickly for me. I did every sidequest and once i hit the final missions and boss, i was pretty shocked that i was even in the final area. I thought for sure when the government guys dropped down they were going to be the jew enemy, but that was short lived. Overall, i fucking adored this game and I'm nearly positive nothing will top it this year as my GOTY and i want more of it lol the lemmiwinks area blew my mind, i was smiling the entire time, i love that episode, so many awesome moment, such as right before you go into mr slaves ass, if you walk left into the boss area, the world explodes and the credits roll lol.

Just finished the game a little bit ago. Enjoyed the hell out of it. They referenced almost everything in some form or another and I loved that they tried to fill the game with as much meaningful content as possible. I never really felt as though the game dragged on or had filler stuffed in to try and run up the hours.

I was also really impressed that the game ran perfectly and I encountered no bugs or glitches (on 360) especially since multiple reviews made it seem like the game had a lot of issues in that regard.

Being a fan of the show this game was pretty much a dream come true and I'm really glad Matt and Trey took on such a central role because there's no way it would have been this great without them.

I'll probably start a second playthrough in the next few days to grab the rest of the achievements. Some seem pretty annoying but the game is fun to play so I can't complain too much.

Actually, that reminds me. Is Butters considered the best buddy? I've been using Kyle for his arrow thing makes all enemies bleed afterwards.

Butters, Kyle and Jimmy were the ones I used most. I definitely used Butters for the majority of the game but I think towards the latter parts his passive ability that makes him become the target of attacks more often becomes a bit of a detriment as it makes it a lot harder to keep him alive against large groups.

Jimmy is ridiculously good for fights where sleep works. He can keep refilling his PP and putting stuff to sleep so that they can't attack at all. It's definitely exploitable to the point of being game breaking.

Cartman's damage is also really great but I leaned more toward Kyle since he can take a few more hits, buff himself and you and dish out really good damage with the Ike and arrow attacks.

Kenny seemed nearly useless to me but maybe I was using him wrong. Stan's damage output seemed pretty good but I just didn't feel like he had enough versatility to be worth using.

Grief.exe

So, can I call this my favorite game of this gen? or at least the most fun I've had. Holy crap, the amount of humor is just way too much to handle.

I haven't seen South Park since 2007, probably. Yet, I just keep laughing and saying "holy crap, they actually DID that?"

The combat is such a fucking blast. It seriously gets better and better.

I'm surprised how great the music on the game is. Not a single bug, glitch or stutter on my side (PC Version)

Overall, whatever interest on videogames The Last of Us managed to kill inside me (I think is a good game but is not the point of this discussion) The Stick of Truth came to rescue it and put it back where it always was. I can't wait for a 2nd replay.

Some really positive impressions! Great to here!

I'm trying to finish up RE4 before I dive into this one, but the positive reviews keep on coming. Hats off to Obsidian for crafting an excellent PC version as well.

Lurky

Butters, Kyle and Jimmy were the ones I used most. I definitely used Butters for the majority of the game but I think towards the latter parts his passive ability that makes him become the target of attacks more often becomes a bit of a detriment as it makes it a lot harder to keep him alive against large groups.

Jimmy is ridiculously good for fights where sleep works. He can keep refilling his PP and putting stuff to sleep so that they can't attack at all. It's definitely exploitable to the point of being game breaking.

Cartman's damage is also really great but I leaned more toward Kyle since he can take a few more hits, buff himself and you and dish out really good damage with the Ike and arrow attacks.

Kenny seemed nearly useless to me but maybe I was using him wrong. Stan's damage output seemed pretty good but I just didn't feel like he had enough versatility to be worth using.

Wow thanks for the info. So far I've used a little bit of everyone and I'm leaning towards Stan just to make the game a little bit harder.

jiiikoo

Banned
Anyone else encountering a bug in where the game crashes when you beat
(i believe the bosses name) is Craig in the fortress?

Stoze

I'm enjoying it so far, been really taking my time exploring and checking out all the references. The game is incredibly detailed, and I was surprised at how open the town is. I'm not too far, about to hit level 6.

The actual combat is great, but my god is this game horribly, horribly imbalanced. I can't even test out synergy with different skills and equipment because I fucking kill everything in 1 to 2 hits. I don't even use my abilities most of the time, all it takes is a good weapon and nice socket. I also wish they just had a punching bag with a damage counter to show you how much damage your equipment set up and attacks would do because of that reason. If one shows up later in the game that would be nice, but I doubt it as that opportunity would've taken place at Kupa Keep.

Also, the descriptions on what weapons and equipment and stuff like that could be a lot better, and sometimes they simply aren't accurate. For example, when I put on my druid chestpiece I believe it is, it says it boosts defense at the start of battle and has a thorns attribute where enemy attackers take 30 points of damage. When I put it on though, my melee weapons stats showed up as doing an extra 15-20 points of damage for some reason. I don't even know if it's actually adding damage or not, because I've had the chestpiece on for a while, and as I said before enemies get decimated so quickly that I have to go way out of my way to test difference in weapon and skill damage, bleed stacking, etc.

The core combat is still fun though, it's very flashy and you really feel the impact of the hits. It's just some of the RPG elements in this game are pretty poorly done.

So yeah, despite all that complaining I still really like the game.

I finally got past the probe scene, god my arm aches now though.

I have another question,
in the UFO can I use the electric item that I picked up against the aliens?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
making my way through day 2, about to hit what I assume is the game`s big story changing decision (
does it change much, choosing humans or elves that is?
), game is so good, if really easy like most people said (which im fine with tbh, difficulty is not what I came to this game for). This could have easily been the plot for a 3-parter on the show.

erawsd

I finally got past the probe scene, god my arm aches now though.

I have another question,
in the UFO can I use the electric item that I picked up against the aliens?

Yeah, its a weapon strap on.

making my way through day 2, about to hit what I assume is the game`s big story changing decision (
does it change much, choosing humans or elves that is?
), game is so good, if really easy like most people said (which im fine with tbh, difficulty is not what I came to this game for). This could have easily been the plot for a 3-parter on the show.

Unfortunately, no.

Labrys

well i started watching the show. i like it. a lot. butters is my favorite.

i'm probably going to be picking this up in the next couple of days now, gonna try to fit in some more episodes until then

Zeppeli

Banned
Just finished the game. Humour was a bit off key even by South Park's standards... But I guess it's decent for my first JRPG esque game? Charming animation.

soqquatto

Wow thanks for the info. So far I've used a little bit of everyone and I'm leaning towards Stan just to make the game a little bit harder.

that's the correct spirit - the fights are ridicolously easy. if you're playing as Jew, once you get Kyle's arrows almost all fights end in two moves - plagues of egypt and arrows. boss fights become trivial if you insist with the circumcision move.

So after you beat
Kenny
it's over? I still have to find a couple kindergarteners, but other than that, it doesn't look like I can do anything else.
Also, I was affected by a weird bug near the end where characters would randomly pop in and out of existence (PC).

So after you beat
Kenny
it's over? I still have to find a couple kindergarteners, but other than that, it doesn't look like I can do anything else.
Also, I was affected by a weird bug near the end where characters would randomly pop in and out of existence (PC).

Yep. There's no real post-game content except the quests you've still got open.

And I've seen the same bug a couple of times, too. Usually only happens when I alt+tab out and back into the game, but once it happened with an entire house. :lol

213670_2014-03-05_000rts8b.png

And this was my character at the end of the game. Guess it could be considered a spoiler, so I just linked it instead.

Rizzi

I'm in day two and I have to
sneak back on to the crashed ufo.
So far the game feels kind of clunky and slow.
Am I crazy?

A few hours played and I'm loving this. Anyone got any tips for blocking though? Most I'm fine with but arrows always destroy me :(

Keep your eyes on the grey circle that appears underneath your character. When it does, press the block button.

It's not fool-proof, especially in the case of double attacks like those arrows, but once I started doing that, my blocking went up.

Top Bottom