• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Wish they had some sort of sort button for the friends list. I have
friends, and I'm missing
. I just don't know who. The last person I got was
Mrs. Prissy Pants

Guess I'm going to have to find some guide to see who I don't remember picking up. I know for sure that I got all the optional friends from the story missions.

EDIT: I just found out, that
120 friends is the maximum. The reason I didn't get the trophy is because I didn't talk to Craig before talking to Cartman at the first 5mins of the game. Which after talking to him, he defriends you in the next few minutes. You just need to have him friended for those few minutes for it to count. ....They can't be fuckin serious with that.... I can't believe that shit...
I remember in my first save, that I
friended Craig (for some strange reason), but I didn't friend Big Gay Al at the end of the game
. Ffs.

Jibbed

Finished the main story this evening in 9 hours, I'd estimate I've also completed around 60% of the sidequests. Brilliant game, I'm sure I'll find another 4+ hours in what I've got left to do before the inevitable DLC arrives.

So he does have a mission? I was beginning to think that was cut content for DLC. How do you trigger it? I've finished the game but he still says come back later.

It can only be gotten after the
Nazi Zombie outbreak
and before you enter the final dungeon.

Wish they had some sort of sort button for the friends list. I have
friends, and I'm missing
. I just don't know who. The last person I got was
Mrs. Prissy Pants

Guess I'm going to have to find some guide to see who I don't remember picking up. I know for sure that I got all the optional friends from the story missions.

EDIT: I just found out, that
120 friends is the maximum. The reason I didn't get the trophy is because I didn't talk to Craig before talking to Cartman at the first 5mins of the game. Which after talking to him, he defriends you in the next few minutes. You just need to have him friended for those few minutes for it to count. ....They can't be fuckin serious with that.... I can't believe that shit...
I remember in my first save, that I
friended Craig (for some strange reason), but I didn't friend Big Gay Al at the end of the game
. Ffs.

I could swear I talked to him but I didn't get it either. That was my second play-through I'm not going to bother for a third right now. Maybe later.

I hate letting Metacritic disturrb me especially when I haven't finished the game...
JtEoSuF.jpg

But there is no way this is an under 85 game. That is absurd. Maybe I've been lucky since I haven't run into any bugs yet. I've been looking forward to this game and I never anticipated it being this good. -Box Quote.

The love for the property oozes through everything. Couldn't be happier with the game so far.

It's a 9.5 for me. One of the best games I've played in a long while.

By the way, guys. EVERYONE I know is playing this game. Even my non-gamer friends are just loving the hell out of this.
I think is going to sell a hell lot of units. People I know is talking about this game like they did when Call of Duty was actually good! (no hyperbole)

Ferrio

Banned
It's a 9.5 for me. One of the best games I've played in a long while.

By the way, guys. EVERYONE I know is playing this game. Even my non-gamer friends are just loving the hell out of this.
I think is going to sell a hell lot of units. People I know is talking about this game like they did when Call of Duty was actually good! (no hyperbole)

Outselling Dark Souls II on steam, that's impressive.

Jibbed

Is Kanye in this by the way? Either I can't remember coming across him in the game because I've blasted through it pretty fast and missed a good few sidequests, or he's not there at all. Kinda expected him to pop up.

megalowho

The
hideout
boss fight that takes place during the Al Gore sidequest was a lot of fun. Most challenging in the game so far, died once and had to cycle through my party strategically the second time around. I don't mind the game being easy, a grindfest wouldn't suit what they're going for but the battle system is engaging and varied enough that I could stand for a few more really tough encounters sprinkled throughout. Both the
sewers
and
lost woods
have a few of these moments when you first start poking around, not boss fights though.

ElRenoRaven

Am I the only one having trouble with QTE's? I'm loving the game but fuck me,
i really cant get past that alien dildo ass QTE...

Nah the QTE's and fart attacks are the low points with the game to me. QTE's are a pain in the ass to do. I shouldn't have to mash a button as fast as I have to in this game. Then the fart attacks can be a bit hard to use. I would love for a sequel that finds a way to improve the fart attacks and that fixes the QTEs. Course I don't see there being a sequel sadly.

The game was awesome and given the comments here I'm a super-genius because I can hold analogue sticks still and then push them up. Though honestly I don't see any down sides to the game: it ran great on PC, the writing was spot on, and I found the combat/gear/leveling fun throughout. Oddly enough this has made me even more excited for Eternity.

krae_man

Just made it to
The Aliens
. Man the button mash QTE's are a pain in the ass. They are easy enough to beat, just rub your knuckles across the buttons but that fucking hurts. That's what I used to do as a kid to beat the Tests of strength in Mortal Kombat. I'd do it until I bled back then, don't know if I'm that hardcore anymore ha ha.

"You can't loot me now I'm not dead yet"

The more I play the game, the more I wish the crafting system would have made it in. Take a cardboard tube, some crumpled up paper and a Faith+1 CD and bam you've got a projectile weapon that does holy damage. Kind of like the invention system in Dark Cloud 2 only with kid logic.

Whogie

Spent most of the day playing, and beat the game today. Absolutely fantastic. Some of the best fun I've had with a game between the amazing humor and the battle system. I wish it were longer just because I was enjoying it so much.
Just made it to
The Aliens
. Man the button mash QTE's are a pain in the ass. They are easy enough to beat, just rub your knuckles across the buttons but that fucking hurts. That's what I used to do as a kid to beat the Tests of strength in Mortal Kombat. I'd do it until I bled back then, don't know if I'm that hardcore anymore ha ha.

Luckily I don't think there's any button mashing that hard outside that one scene (and pooping). I had to do it by alternating between two fingers on the same button. It's pretty difficult.

FHIZ

Just finished it... As someone who has stuck with the show and watched every episode... Holy shit, job well done. That entire final battle end game sequence was just amazing. I couldn't be happier with how crazy and over the top this game turned out to be. Man, what a great fucking game.

This is easily my fav game since TLOU, so ridiculously fun and addictive.

Something that's been at the back of my mind for a few days - when you go to the area where the goth kids hang out, the second song that plays reminds me a lot of a song by The Cure, to the point that it's probably intentional.

The Cure song I'm thinking of was sampled for a track called Shadows and Swine by Australian rapper Tornts also, but I can't put my finger on the track title right now. Have a feeling it's from one of their earlier albums from the general sound of it.

If anyone knows, please tell me otherwise I'll feel compelled to skim through the entire Cure discography until I find it haha

I love all the music that plays in that area - old school video gamey as fuck

No Love

Banned
Just finished it... As someone who has stuck with the show and watched every episode... Holy shit, job well done. That entire final battle end game sequence was just amazing. I couldn't be happier with how crazy and over the top this game turned out to be. Man, what a great fucking game.

I know. I'm almost certain this is the greatest realized and most faithful licensed videogame ever made (sorry, Arkham Asylum/City). Nothing else captures the source material so perfectly.

I just can't imagine any that's a fan of South Park not loving the hell out of this game. It's just so perfect.

Timu

I'm enjoying this game, but man the glitches are getting out of control, had 3 big ones within an hour that had me restarting the game.

Macattk15

Just finished it.

Multiple scene ruining bugs. Several involving Professor Chaos and the game just hanging there.

Also towards the end (don't read if you're not near the end)
inside Clyde's castle right before going into Mr. Slave's butt ... the game screen just kinda flashed and then went to the end game credits. I was like WTF? Reloaded and then went into his butt ... so weird some of the bugs.

Still enjoyed it though.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Just finished it.

Multiple scene ruining bugs. Several involving Professor Chaos and the game just hanging there.

inside Clyde's castle right before going into Mr. Slave's butt ... the game screen just kinda flashed and then went to the end game credits. I was like WTF? Reloaded and then went into his butt ... so weird some of the bugs.

Still enjoyed it though.

Really? At the end,
when you're in the room with Mr. Slave, if you try and leave through either exit a nuke goes off and the credits roll.

Ferrio

Banned
Just finished it.

Still enjoyed it though.

That wasn't a bug
It's a seperate ending, but I guess the video that plays bugged out so you didn't see it. Just a small clip of a nuclear bomb going off

Macattk15

Really? At the end,
when you're in the room with Mr. Slave, if you try and leave through either exit a nuke goes off and the credits roll.

Yeah I know about that ... but I literally was standing still inside the room and then just .... screen flash and BAM credits.

Video must have bugged as Ferrio said.

Still there were numerous bugs inside fights that led to me needing to restart from my last auto save.

FTF

5 hours in and absolutely loving it! Just beat
the tower of peace side quest with Mongolian battle, and now searching for items to recruit the goth kids
. Such a great, fun game.

If some of you guys are having problems with the boss fights, maybe you're not taking advantage of the stacking effects of status ailments. At the start of a fight, use a throwing objects that hits multiple times and multiple targets, imbued with gross, fire and especially bleeding. Half of the work is already done.

You can get the broken bottle early on, use that.

-MD-

If some of you guys are having problems with the boss fights, maybe you're not taking advantage of the stacking effects of status ailments. At the start of a fight, use a throwing objects that hits multiple times and multiple targets, imbued with gross, fire and especially bleeding. Half of the work is already done.

You can get the broken bottle early on, use that.

I pretty much just used stuns and bleeds through the whole game. You can pop a potion and stun 2 people right off the bat as a thief if you want.

So, the
Al Gore
boss fight.

Playtesting muthafucka do you speak it?

I had super cereal problems on my first run, then it was one of the easiest fights when I played it again.

I use Jimmy. On the first round, have Douchebag set bleeding/burning on Gore and have Jimmy buff the party. When Gore calls in his allies, apply bleeding/burning to the two riflemen (use a speed potion!) as their headshot ability deals massive damage and causes screwed. When it gets to Jimmy, you can restore some PP with his ability and put your enemies to sleep. Place a status effect on the melee fighter and have Jimmy put the guys to sleep whenever they wake up until you get rid of them. I prefer to bring out Kenny after the first sleep just so I can stack bleeding on everyone. Use Stan or Butters instead if you've weakened his armor enough. If you have an ability to remove debuffs, then you it to get rid of his regeneration. Piece of cake.

Speed potions and status effects break this game.

I had super cereal problems on my first run, then it was one of the easiest fights when I played it again.

I use Jimmy. On the first round, have Douchebag set bleeding/burning on Gore and have Jimmy buff the party. When Gore calls in his allies, apply bleeding/burning to the two riflemen (use a speed potion!) as their headshot ability deals massive damage and causes screwed. When it gets to Jimmy, you can restore some PP with his ability and put your enemies to sleep. Place a status effect on the melee fighter and have Jimmy put the guys to sleep whenever they wake up until you get rid of them. I prefer to bring out Kenny after the first sleep just so I can stack bleeding on everyone. Use Stan or Butters instead if you've weakened his armor enough. If you have an ability to remove debuffs, then you it to get rid of his regeneration. Piece of cake.

Speed potions and status effects break this game.

Thanks. the guards can easily "break" the fight the other way with a stun grenade while switching over my buddy. Does the fight end if I only take out
Al Gore
?

Point remains though, this fight is hilariously more difficult than anything else in the game.

-MD-

Thanks. the guards can easily "break" the fight the other way with a stun grenade while switching over my buddy. Does the fight end if I only take out
Al Gore
?

Point remains though, this fight is hilariously more difficult than anything else in the game.

You're probably fighting him too early, if your weapons aren't strong enough to break through their high armor you're gonna have a bad time.

AHA-Lambda

So he does have a mission? I was beginning to think that was cut content for DLC. How do you trigger it? I've finished the game but he still says come back later.

damn, now I'm annoyed I missed this mission. just my luck to miss the only missable side quest.

You're probably fighting him too early, if your weapons aren't strong enough to break through their high armor you're gonna have a bad time.

Oh yeah at my first attempy I was fffucked. I then waited till I leveled up three times then tried again. Did much better but still died when the boss had just a little life left.

Checked YouTube cause I was curious and saw that most videos posted were of warriors, and that rashomon move fucking breaks the fight single-handedly.

As a thief, my go to strategy is to stack bleeding with the thousand cuts move, but even with that, their armor and attacks are overwhelming. Trying to pound them with status effects is also tough since all they need is one turn to severely fuck me over, forcing me to spend my turn healing and thus giving them another window to attack. I'll come back to it at the end of the game :p

Top Bottom