• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

NEO0MJ

I don't know why but beat him on the first try. I played as a Jew, and the dreidel of doom or whatever it's called was very useful. Also speed potions are severely OP.

What level you were and your class has a lot of effect on that fight. I fought him really early so I had trouble. And it's pretty much agreed upon that the Jew class is OP.

Sorian

Banned
What level you were and your class has a lot of effect on that fight. I fought him really early so I had trouble. And it's pretty much agreed upon that the Jew class is OP.

They seem to all be OP except for fighter and then past that, any weapon can be made OP with the right set-up.

Sorian

Banned
Wha? Fighter is OP.. It's just that
Al Gore
is the first real fight when enemy armor matters.

I was going off of others impressions, I've only played Jew so far and watched some videos with a high level mage. If fighter is OP too (I believe it since everything in this game is OP) then class really doesn't matter much.

Lurky

I just finished the game and holy crap that was awesome. One of the best games I've played in a while and definitely one of my favorite games now. The best part was
fighting zombie nazi chef.
I think I'm going to go back and play the other classes now. I usually can't get through turn based games unless it's a strategy game or pokemon but this game wasn't boring. Also, kudos to them for making a PC version of a game that isn't bug-ridden.

Raw64life

Just wrapped up all the sidequests. Didn't completely 100% the game but I got close enough, probably about 95%. 14 hours on the game clock. Great game overall, one of the best licensed games and best pieces of fan service ever. But the technical problems and balance problems towards the end of the game took it down a notch. If it wasn't for Dark Souls II coming out in 2 days I'd probably be more upset at the length of this game but admittedly I don't feel like I quite got my $60 worth.

Finally got the platinum trophy!

Took me 3 playthroughs to do it. My first playthrough was just playing the game, not trying to get any trophies (I was a thief). My second playthrough was to collect everything (I was a fighter), and my 3rd playthrough was to get the last trophies I didn't get in the second playthrough (I was the Jew class). I'm glad that this game is pretty short when you skip all the cut scenes, and run straight through it. It made replaying it much easier.

Out of the 3 classes I played, Fighter was probably my favorite. Thief was my most disliked. As a fighter, I was just mowing enemies down in 1-2 turns. The ground slam attack just destroyed everything. As a thief you can mostly only hit singular targets. So you have to rely on the partner to deal with crowds. I didn't like that as much.

So overall, I really enjoyed the game. Don't think I'd replay it again anytime soon since I'm South Park'd out. 3 playthroughs took a lot out of me.

GuessWho

ah maybe that's why. I fought him when I was level 8-10 not sure exactly.

Calcium

Banned
This game is amazing, probably the best licensed game I've ever played. I was a little bummed for it to only last around 12 hours, but it was still worth buying without a doubt.

I decided to start another playthrough to get any trophies I missed and I've encountered possibly the most annoying bug in video game history. The "Unfriend Al Gore" quest isn't triggering so I'm doomed to get constant Gore-spam. It also means I won't be able to get the trophies for collecting all the weapons/gear, so I'm pretty annoyed at that. I doubt I have a third playthrough in me.

Lurky

I decided to start another playthrough to get any trophies I missed and I've encountered possibly the most annoying bug in video game history. The "Unfriend Al Gore" quest isn't triggering so I'm doomed to get constant Gore-spam. It also means I won't be able to get the trophies for collecting all the weapons/gear, so I'm pretty annoyed at that. I doubt I have a third playthrough in me.

It won't trigger the cutscene when you talk to him?

How are people completing this in 8-10 hrs? I'm about 4 hours in and I
just started heading over to Token's house to recruit him, only found 2 kindergartners, no homeless, and I'm only a level 3.
Am I really almost half or 1/3 the way through with this?

How are people completing this in 8-10 hrs? I'm about 4 hours in and I
just started heading over to Token's house to recruit him, only found 2 kindergartners, no homeless, and I'm only a level 3.
Am I really almost half or 1/3 the way through with this?
Nowhere near. At that pace you'll get 20+ hours out of it. Enjoy.

Megasoum

Banned
i died a few times to him too. I was a Fighter and I was taking a lot of damage from his guys. Managed to beat him after a few tries. Probably the toughest boss in the whole game, imo.

Finally got him after 5-6 Continue. Ended up using Timmy for the first time. I really wish we could get 3 players in our party, would make me more encline to use a buffer/healer.

Sorian

Banned
By rushing through it. Took me about 18.

Nah, that's too long, for sure. I missed one quest (the only missable one) and I clocked in at 13. If you are taking that long, you are just meandering around the city for no reason. My only mess-up was that I took note of someone who would give me a quest and after checking back with him multiple times and getting no results he just slipped my mind and since he has such a small window of when to get his quest I messed it up.

-MD-

Nah, that's too long, for sure. I missed one quest (the only missable one) and I clocked in at 13. If you are taking that long, you are just meandering around the city for no reason. My only mess-up was that I took note of someone who would give me a quest and after checking back with him multiple times and getting no results he just slipped my mind and since he has such a small window of when to get his quest I messed it up.

I never just walked around aimlessly, I was constantly doing something. I also missed that quest.

Megasoum

Banned

There's a missable quest?

Thats just untrue. My review playthrough was 18 hours, and I certainly wasn't trying to pad it.

If you beat this game in 10 hours, you blew through it.

I never just walked around aimlessly, I was constantly doing something. I also missed that quest.

How dare you meander!! Do you think you're playing games for fun or something?? You only had one job. Play the game in as little time as possible so you could bitch about how short it was. Bonus points for complaints about framerate. On a South Park game. One job!! Next time, I expect more.

Sorian

Banned
There's a missable quest?

Yeah, probably shouldn't read until near the end of the game if worried about a potential spoiler:
the "Niceeee" officer (can't remember his name) will have a quest for you that you have to pick up before entering the final area. I think it activates after the abortion clinic level

Nori Chan

So to get the gingivitis achievement do I have to go against a ginger that isn't holding anything? Or can one with weapons do the ginger bite attack?

Sorian

Banned
Thats just untrue. My review playthrough was 18 hours, and I certainly wasn't trying to pad it.

If you beat this game in 10 hours, you blew through it.

I'm not saying everything needs to be a rush but I don't understand how any of you took that long. I did everything quest-wise except for that one, found all the chinpokomon, I'm missing 4 friends which I'm just going to re-do all of them for my second playthrough, did multiple run throughs of the city to see if any new quests were around and fought anything that was on ever screen that I was on.

Yeah, probably shouldn't read until near the end of the game if worried about a potential spoiler:
the "Niceeee" officer (can't remember his name) will have a quest for you that you have to pick up before entering the final area. I think it activates after the abortion clinic level
Well bollocks

Megasoum

Banned
BTW Is it normal that I'm getting quests items for quests I don't have?

I've been collecting underwear and relocating homeless for a while but I don't remember seeing a quest for either of those.

Sorian

Banned
BTW Is it normal that I'm getting quests items for quests I don't have?

I've been collecting underwear and relocating homeless for a while but I don't remember seeing a quest for either of those.

Lol yeah, underwear is a big one, it's a late game quest and I, at least, had all 5 before the quest even started for me.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've only just reached the second day, but I have to say that right now I'm confused about the difficulty complaints. Sort of. Seems harder than Paper Mario so far. I'm not saying it's hard or anywhere close, but it's certainly no easier than the game it's closest to in gameplay. Granted the only time I've died so far was
on the aliens boss at the end of the first day though
. But I've certainly found a few battles engaging and fairly close. More so than Paper Mario. And I assume the game gets harder from here? Unless it's just a matter of the game getting easier as you get more powerful? Plus I'll be honest. I haven't bothered using many items at all. Generally hasn't been necessary. Still, I remember Paper Mario being more pathetically easy than this.

But anyway, this game is amazing. So much fanservice. It's hilarious, fun and just a joy to explore. I've wasted so much time just exploring everywhere I can. Plus farting on everyone I see never seems to get old. This game definitely isn't going to be short for me. I've been playing for quite a few hours now and I'm still pretty early in the game. I'll be surprised if I don't get around 20 hours out of the game before I complete it.

Sorian

Banned
I've only just reached the second day, but I have to say that right now I'm confused about the difficulty complaints. Sort of. Seems harder than Paper Mario so far. I'm not saying it's hard or anywhere close, but it's certainly no easier than the game it's closest to in gameplay. Granted the only time I've died so far was
. But I've certainly found a few battles engaging and fairly close. More so than Paper Mario. And I assume the game gets harder from here? Unless it's just a matter of the game getting easier as you get more powerful? Plus I'll be honest. I haven't bothered using many items at all. Generally hasn't been necessary. Still, I remember Paper Mario being more pathetically easy than this.

But anyway, this game is amazing. So much fanservice. It's hilarious, fun and just a joy to explore. I've wasted so much time just exploring everywhere I can. Plus farting on everyone I see never seems to get old. This game definitely isn't going to be short for me. I've been playing for quite a few hours now and I'm still pretty early in the game. I'll be surprised if I don't get around 20 hours out of the game before I complete it.

You hit the nail on the head, your enemies get stronger on a linear basis while you get stronger exponentially. Items are also very game breaking (speed potions) but I also didn't use them much either.

No Love

Banned

Day 2 is noticeably harder than Day 1 which is a cakewalk. Its the start of needing to use potions etc. Still easy though.Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale this is not...

-MD-

I actually played through the game and only used 2 or 3 speed potions, if I had used more it would have been even easier for me.

A lot of fights were engaging of course but if you can block well then the game becomes really really easy. I felt like fights didn't last long enough, I would have preferred if damage was toned down across the board so fights lasted longer than 2-3 turns.

LAM09

Not from my experience, but there have been reports of game breaking bugs like the one we were talking about earlier in this thread on the various platforms. It seems to be a very random issue.

Yh. Hopefully, I won't encounter it.

Finished the game today. What a ride, loved the finale. Everything about the game was great, so glad Trey and Matt tapped Obsidian to do this because they got the South Park aesthetic perfect. The humor was top-notch, too, I was laughing out loud more than playing any other game I can think of in recent memory.

I'm not holding out hope for DLC or extra content all things considered, but it would be awesome if they added something extra.

Game is really rewarding if you've stuck with the show all 17 seasons from all the stuff you find throughout the world. Only on the second day so far and I really love this game.

JustinBB7

I just got the fart on 3 enemies outside of battle achievement by accident. I farted on a guy and there were 2 rats just walking by on a ledge near him. So that was 3 enemies farted on haha.

Just finished getting the 1000 GS tonight. Did it in one playthrough with some reloading of backup saves. Was surprised that I didn't miss something along the way since I wasn't using a guide for collectibles, just exploring very thoroughly (and keeping an eye on a list of missable achievements, of course).

Loved the game.

Just finished getting the 1000 GS tonight. Did it in one playthrough with some reloading of backup saves. Was surprised that I didn't miss something along the way since I wasn't using a guide for collectibles, just exploring very thoroughly (and keeping an eye on a list of missable achievements, of course).

Loved the game.

Were any of the achievements a major pain to get? I'm purposely staying away from looking at the list so I have a reason to go back and play through again and clean up on the ones I missed.

Calcium

Banned
My guess is that you have to wait for him to spam you a bit more. Just do some other things and check up on him later.

No such luck. I've already completed the game again and nada. I've even let the game sit for like 10 minutes to let the spam build up. Hopefully a patch can fix this, if not maybe I'll play it again in the future to get everything complete.

Lurky

No such luck. I've already completed the game again and nada. I've even let the game sit for like 10 minutes to let the spam build up. Hopefully a patch can fix this, if not maybe I'll play it again in the future to get everything complete.

Well it was supposed to be fixed already unless you're playing on a console.

Were any of the achievements a major pain to get? I'm purposely staying away from looking at the list so I have a reason to go back and play through again and clean up on the ones I missed.

Most of the collecting achievements are annoying. Only because some of the items are in places you can't go back to after finishing the level. So if you miss it you have to either hope you saved there, or restart the game.

The most annoying one for me, was the get
all friends
trophy. I had to restart a whole new game because,
I didn't talk to Craig before talking to Cartman before the tutorial
. I was really mad at that one.

Top Bottom