• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

NEO0MJ

So I went into the sewers and found (spoiler for those who haven't been down there/seen references)
the crab people. They make me laugh so much, but how do I break the wall by them? I want to see if there is a quest for them.. is there? Thanks!

You need to get the last fart spell to reach the crab person.

lunchtoast

So I went into the sewers and found (spoiler for those who haven't been down there/seen references)
the crab people. They make me laugh so much, but how do I break the wall by them? I want to see if there is a quest for them.. is there? Thanks!

You have to keep playing to unlock the skill to break it

glaurung

Like some said it's time to start making use of status ailments such as bleeding, stun and slow.
I've been using status ailments and debuffs pretty much all the way, but I haven't really looked into hitting multiple enemies with one weapon attack. Guess I need to switch from Composite Bow to the Batarang.

Also, I picked the Mage class and most of his spells are crap.

2nd nights boss fight. Holy shit, my wife was watching over my shoulder and all i heard was "oh my GOD!!" from her :lol
When you do a
slow mo matrix backflip to avoid the giant testicles
, i fucking lost it. Childish, low brow, toilet humour, of the absolute best kind :lol

Social

For people that have problems with Al Gore, just use Jimmy's sleeping song over and over, the agents will ALWAYS fall asleep. Quite an easy battle after that.

In fact, Jimmy makes a lot of battles easy

lunchtoast

2nd nights boss fight. Holy shit, my wife was watching over my shoulder and all i heard was "oh my GOD!!" from her :lol
When you do a
slow mo matrix backflip to avoid the giant testicles
, i fucking lost it. Childish, low brow, toilet humour, of the absolute best kind :lol

That had to be the best part of the game for me.

titty flops

Only around 2 hours in, but horribly tempted to start over again.

Knew I shouldn't have started playing this on a Friday because it was always likely that it'd be left over the weekend.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck all of the miss-able shit. I guess a lot of it makes sense but it's still annoying.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I thought that Backstab was good for normal battles, but so many bosses were immune to bleeding that it never felt OP for me.

Burn them fuckers.

Every single enemy and boss (at least for me) was susceptible to the burn status effects, and it takes off a generous chunk of health at each turn.

I've been using status ailments and debuffs pretty much all the way, but I haven't really looked into hitting multiple enemies with one weapon attack. Guess I need to switch from Composite Bow to the Batarang.

If you've done Mr. Kim's quest, you can get an equipment patch that gives you 2 PP every time you do fire damage. This makes your dragon breath essentially free to use. Fully upgraded, it's pretty powerful. If you wait until after the
abortion clinic
, you can also get a weapon strap on that adds 3 stacks of bleeding. Equip the batdadarang with the +3 bleeding and when
Al Gore calls his secret service guys
use a speed potion and then throw twice. That should max out bleeding on everyone. Then either dragon breath them to death or just use it to recover PP.

DedValve

Banned
Well I paid about 25 dollars for it, so it's a 11 or 12 game, right?

it's actually a fart/sneaky squeeker

I paid $12 after selling a few games. I give it a fart/Nagasaki. Maybe if I paid $60 I'd give it a fart/dragonshout.

I found few enemies resist bleeding, a lot resist gross out and hardly any resist burn. Man I had a smile on my face when I unlocked
FUCKING NINJA STARS
oh god that was hilarious. And ridiculously op, to bad my shovel dagger didn't upgrade (as if it would matter, there where dozens more op swords I could use).

Chanser

For people that have problems with Al Gore, just use Jimmy's sleeping song over and over, the agents will ALWAYS fall asleep. Quite an easy battle after that.

In fact, Jimmy makes a lot of battles easy

I use the broken bottle with a fire buff to beat him.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ok this time I'm super cereal. Al Gore was not easy. After a number of attempts I managed to beat him, but yeah that wasn't easy. I take it I wasn't supposed to be fighting Al Gore as early as level 7?

Dario ff

Banned
Ok this time I'm super cereal. Al Gore was not easy. After a number of attempts I managed to beat him, but yeah that wasn't easy. I take it I wasn't supposed to be fighting Al Gore as early as level 7?
He's scaled to your level, so I think what matters the most is just how good your gear / skills are relative to your level.

I beat him pretty early on at like level 8 as well.

Oh boy, this game is so darn good. I really want an Imagination Land DLC NOW!

Ugh. So its not in the game. I was hoping that it was a level. I would buy that in a second.

Now I want a sequel with the super hero theme. So much more content they can use from the show too

daviyoung

Banned
Loving it so far, started again as a fighter and enjoying the skills.

Any tips on blocking?

It's literally just a case of pressing the button (A on Xbox) when the shield appears below the victim's feet. Just need to be careful of successive attacks that come really quickly after first blow.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, me too. I'm hoping there is some sort of DLC with them as well as
Mephesto, Saddam, Big Gay Al, Santa, a full crab people scene, aliens from "Cancelled"
, and many of the other characters that didn't appear.

Santa is actually on top of the police station, but it's only a short scene, similar to the Christmas Critters.

Sober

Mage is good. Max out Dragon's Breath as an armour stripper on demand. You can level up the cold spell to hit a cone and basically usually hit most enemies. Pyre Ball (the last spell) maxed out ignores armour and shields...

I'm sure the other classes are just as good. Or even the other mage spells, if you max them out they are just as useful.

Dug

Banned
Game keeps on breaking after I beat
Craig
. Screen goes black with a loading symbol in the bottom right but I still have a hud and can hear people talking. If I quit to main menu and press continue it just loads forever. :\

I finished this yesterday, and it was everything I hoped it would be. This is how you do a licensed game. Not that many new characters, I play it because I want to see the ones I know and love. There was some slowdowns but overall it didn't bother me. As a major South Park fan I would rank this 10/10, of course if you're not it might not be as fun but whatever.

Some thoughts: (don't read if you haven't finished, not everything needs to be spoiler but just in case.)

I have always liked Kevin Stoley as a bit-player and I was surprised that he got a fairly meaty role. I would say that it was bigger than both Tweek's and Token's roles, who in the show are bigger characters.

Loved that a lot of "forgotten characters" was featured in the game in one way or another. I.E. Halfie or the nurse.

The censorship on EU-copies sucked and is basically my only complaint.

Love how everything just kept escalating and shit just became dumber and dumber. Nazi Zombies, ok. Fucking Nazi zombie fetuses, just great.

Didn't have an over reliance on pop-culture references, which was great. Although Tom Cruise in the closet made me laugh.

Not that many fart jokes. It seemed like that would be a lot of the focus of the humor pre-release but I was happily surprised that wasn't the case.

I've read on here Gaf that Matt and Trey seemed pretty burned out from the whole experience of making a game but I desperately want a follow up. I was thinking last night what characters and factions was missing and/or was severely underused. I know some of them were cut from the game considering earlier photos and stuff.

Grandpa Marvin felt like a pretty big character that was nowhere to be seen. And overall the school felt underused. Most of the parents got to play a part and frankly outside of Randy no one needed to have a bigger role than just standing around.

For a follow up I guess a superhero-theme makes the most sense, and for new characters as I mentioned above Grandpa Marsh could feature, along with Satan and Captain Hindsight. Also Scott the dick and Scott Tenorman.

For factions that was obviously cut in this game I would like to see Crabpeople play a larger role and also hippies. I guess the elderly could have a spot as well.

This game has a lot more going on than dick and fart jokes. This may sound cheesy, but it really captures the power of imagination and reminds me what it was like to be kid. It's a lot like Calvin and Hobbes in that respect. A+.

Fusebox

Banned
Not enough people mentioning the music in this game. It has an amazing score, but I didn't hear What What in the Butt played anywhere.

Also, I kind of recall seeing a screenshot before the game came out where the Goths where fighting in a Cemetery - was that in the game at all?

I know I missed 1 pair of undies, 1 kindergarten kid and I totally missed seeing the forest critters - I wonder what else I missed.

Kind of tempted to replay the game in hard mode or something, it was piss-easy playing normal mode as a Mage.

Music is incredible -- but then again Matt and Trey have been nominated for an Oscar and won a Tony for original music, so it's not too surprising.

I love how they even included songs from Team America and other stuff they've worked on.

Kyle is ridiculously OP. Ike is probably the second best single target damage in the game and his arrow is easily the strongest AOE, which is on top of his decently high defense.

Cartman is such a glass cannon that he's more fun to play with in my opinion, he goes down in just a few hits to balance out his damage.

Sorian

Banned
Kyle is ridiculously OP. Ike is probably the second best single target damage in the game and his arrow is easily the strongest AOE, which is on top of his decently high defense.

Cartman is such a glass cannon that he's more fun to play with in my opinion, he goes down in just a few hits to balance out his damage.

That's how I felt, Cartman and Kyle were very comparable with defense being the biggest difference. I enjoyed the handicap more, at least added some difficulty.

NEO0MJ

Music is incredible -- but then again Matt and Trey have been nominated for an Oscar and won a Tony for original music, so it's not too surprising.

I know that they're well known for their musicals, but I don't think they're the composers for this game's soundtrack. Most of the show's soundtrack is composed by Jamie Dunlap but I'm not sure if he's the game's composer. I tried finding out who was the composer/s in the game's credit but couldn't find it.

ElRenoRaven

Yup. Cartman is fun to play with as a result I think. But I've enjoyed using them all.

I rocked Kyle the whole way once I got him. Kick the Baby did insane dmg, and the aoe arrows were sweet.

I'm booting up a replay now on hard. I think I'm going Mage or Jew.

erawsd

Yup. Cartman is fun to play with as a result I think. But I've enjoyed using them all.

Yeah, I mixed it up as much as I could. Jimmy was probably my least favorite because his damage output was so low. His sleep could be very powerful but I just didn't need it or his PP regen.

Durante

Just finished the game. I think the length was perfect (maybe I'd think differently if the year wasn't so crowded), and the whole thing was just as hilarious as I'd expect from a South Park game. The ending was perfect (and that's a very rare thing in a game, never mind an RPG!).

I also didn't know about
8 bit Canada
until I got to it, so that was a nice surprise.

Top Bottom