• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

No problem! But to clear things up,
you can't use Kyle while in the school. Or Cartman for that matter. But after you get the mission for Day 3 started you can use any of the characters regardless of who you side with.

OK, well that makes sense! Thank you again for your help guys, it is much appreciated!
One last question, I've done most side quests (I think the man bear pig/one hunting quest is all I'm missing) how much have I got left? I'm 6 hours in so far.

Sorian

Banned
OK, well that makes sense! Thank you again for your help guys, it is much appreciated!
One last question, I've done most side quests (I think the man bear pig/one hunting quest is all I'm missing) how much have I got left? I'm 6 hours in so far.

There are some side quests you don't have access to yet so remember to scope around town but you're probably 2/3 of the way through the main scenario.

They just nailed everything.

You have to checkpoint to save. I know, you can just walk into a house or whatever, but it's the little things. Then you have to click on the item and click sell every time on PC. You can't just keep pressing the sell button -__- Why not just have a "sell all" button? Not as much attention was put into the PC version, not even customizeable controls......

I'm enjoying the game, but it's definitely not perfect.

LiK

lots of support for Kyle but i ended up using him the least. i'll probably use him more when i replay as a Jew

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm disappointed that this game doesn't give you the option of listening to whatever songs you want. The game included a number of awesome South Park songs but they're just playing in the background in certain buildings and it's just luck of the draw which ones you'll get. Plus there's the songs you can play on the radio in Cartman's room, but there's only a few there and they're random every time you press the button. Would have been cool to have an option to just listen to the soundtrack. Or give you the ability to select any song to use as a battle theme. I wanted Lets Fighting Love as the battle theme.

MattyH

im on my third run through now (stupidly missed a few items on second run) and missed friends on the first so this run as mage is hopefully gonna be my last long as i dont miss any items

CassSept

lots of support for Kyle but i ended up using him the least. i'll probably use him more when i replay as a Jew

Kyle absolutely massacres any opponent in your path, honestly. Most of the time if you set it up well opponents don't survive the first round and even if they do, they'll die during their first round from bleed. Really.

ieB7U7e.jpg

Yay, it finally came in!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Without spoiling too much, how many seasons does the fanservice go? I`ve watched almost every episode since Season 2 since 5th grade or so. I`m getting it either way however I hope it has references from Season 7 etc. and not just recent seasons.

megalowho

I mostly stuck with a rotation of Jimmy, Butters and Cartman because the ambient dialogue was funnier over Stan, Kyle and Kenny. Not sure if I even used Kyle once come to think of it, will have to give him some more burn in a second playthrough.

Without spoiling too much, how many seasons does the fanservice go? I`ve watched almost every episode since Season 2 or so since 5th grade or so. I`m getting it either way however I hope it has references from Season 7 or so and not just recent seasons.

I don't watch a lot of South park, but I looked up one of the songs I really liked and it was from season 7. You're probably good.

Ferrio

Banned
Without spoiling too much, how many seasons does the fanservice go? I`ve watched almost every episode since Season 2 since 5th grade or so. I`m getting it either way however I hope it has references from Season 7 etc. and not just recent seasons.

Spans the whole series.

Sanctuary

Kyle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stan > Jimmy >= Kenny > Butters in terms of battle partners.

Huh? With the way you can exploit Butter's wheel, no way. Full screen stun on command, or a shield that absorbs a lot of big hits? Kyle might be better on trash, but not on enemies that matter. I have absolutely no idea how you could claim Kenny is better than Butters in effectiveness. Butters can do similar full screen damage, yet has a lot more health and can heal you every round.

Ferrio

Banned
Huh? With the way you can exploit Butter's wheel, no way. Full screen stun on command, or a shield that absorbs a lot of big hits? Kyle might be better on trash, but not on enemies that matter.

Kyle's summon was hitting for 15k..... I'd say that's pretty damn good for enemies that matter.

erawsd

It goes the entire spectrum, theres references from just about every season.

Sanctuary

Kyle's summon was hitting for 15k..... I'd say that's pretty damn good for enemies that matter.

So it hits for 15k on enemies with huge amounts of armor? It doesn't even really matter anyway considering how far into the game you have to be before you can even use Kyle. You've 2-3 hours left at best.

CassSept

I believe the most recent reference I saw, except for Black Friday trilogy obviously, was to season 17 episode 5, "Taming Strange". Though I think beyond vendor trash visual references stop at season 16.

Edit: missed "recent" in my post, bah, only saw now, damn you phone

Eusis

Just finished the game. I think the length was perfect (maybe I'd think differently if the year wasn't so crowded)
I admittedly can't argue with this, and it's another reason I'd only want an extra 10 hours at most. Within roughly the next week NA and EU both get Dark Souls II and Atelier Escha & Logy, and that's just strictly for RPGs and not looking at other genres or even past the next week-ish.

erawsd

I believe the most reference I saw, except for Black Friday trilogy obviously, was to season 17 episode 5, "Taming Strange". Though I think beyond vendor trash visual references stop at season 16.

Nvm.. I think I misread that. Yeah, outside of the Black Friday trilogy, season 16+17 references are kinda light.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Great to hear about the fanservices for all seasons. I wouldn`t have even cared if it was Imagitionland and further seasons, but having a Scott Tenerman reference would be awesome.

Heh, second playthrough and my ginger Jew (who's going to get Hasselhoff'd and wear girl clothes soon) defeated Al Gore on his first try.

Dat Bard, once he puts enemies to sleep, it's over.

Ultimadrago

No Cartman love at all? Cartman wrecked for me.

I knew I forgot someone!

Huh? With the way you can exploit Butter's wheel, no way. Full screen stun on command, or a shield that absorbs a lot of big hits? Kyle might be better on trash, but not on enemies that matter. I have absolutely no idea how you could claim Kenny is better than Butters in effectiveness. Butters can do similar full screen damage, yet has a lot more health and can heal you every round.

15k across the field doesn't work on enemies that matter? What? And shield/armor's almost never a notable problem in the game with the way status effects are buffed. I placed Kenny in front of Butters because Rats are much more useful for their part in very early game than Professor Chaos is by the time he's unlocked. Same with Butters' healing as you can have the Attack + potion perk well by the time Professor Chaos is around as well as a heavy wallet.

RPGCrazied

Ever since playing/beating this game, I've been on the hunt on buying season sets of the show. I kinda want to own them all now. I only have 1, 2, 11, and 12 at the moment. Going to take awhile. lol. What season has the chipokeman? Or however you spell it.

Thankfully amazon had the first 4 for pretty cheap.

Rubius

So, I just got my PC Grand Wizard edition, and for some reason they gave me two codes for the game. One inside the game case and one inside the big box with the map. Weird. Downloading now.

If anybody is looking for a key for the game, I will be selling my extra one for 50$. It contain the 4 DLC of the Ultimate fellowship and it's for Steam. PM me if you are interested.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Ever since playing/beating this game, I've been on the hunt on buying season sets of the show. I kinda want to own them all now. I only have 1, 2, 11, and 12 at the moment. Going to take awhile. lol. What season has the chipokeman? Or however you spell it.

Thankfully amazon had the first 4 for pretty cheap.

Season 3.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s03e10-chinpoko-mon

You know, you can watch all the episodes online for free at the official site.

eznark

Banned
So how the hell do you do the vacuum portion? I am holding left like the prompt says and just fail over and over and over.

rjinaz

So how the hell do you do the vacuum portion? I am holding left like the prompt says and just fail over and over and over.

You hold left. Then you get a prompt and you then hold right. Then you get another prompt and you hold left, and you keep doing this until it finishes.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Went on my first playthrough as mage, now doing a trophy run as the jew, and damn is he underpowered in comparison :(.

epmode

My Jew was ridiculously OP for the last third of the game but I guess that could happen with the other classes as well.

Stoze

Finished it yesterday, really enjoyed it. Story and the comedy get better and better as you go along. The combat only got a bit repetitive near the very end, otherwise it was pretty damn fun. As far as length is concerned, after collecting all the chinpokomon, doing all the sidequests, and almost getting all the equipment, it was a pretty damn filing meal.

Obsidian did pretty poorly with a lot of the rpg elements as I mentioned in my previous post, in terms of balancing and having synergy between skills, perks, and equipment. A lot of comes from the fact that everyone except bosses only takes 1-2 hits to kill, so you don't have a lot of space to experiment or have the full breadth of your chosen equipment and perks play out. At the same time though I do like feeling overpowered, but not from the git go until the very end of the game.

I feel like they put so much effort into all the attributes on equipment, weapon and clothes patches/add ons, and it's wasted by enemies having much too little health and having the game be way too easy. Luckily it's still fun, but there could've been so much more in terms of strategy and engaging battles.

Top Bottom