• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

So I can't beat the game.
I'm stuck trying to do the robotic abortion at the bomb but it gets stuck at the sucking animation with the machine and I can't do anything. Keep reloading the saves and it keeps doing it at the same point.

FML.

Eusis

I'm stuck trying to do the robotic abortion at the bomb but it gets stuck at the sucking animation with the machine and I can't do anything. Keep reloading the saves and it keeps doing it at the same point.

FML.
Well,
are you doing it right there? Holding it left then holding it right when it tells you to press right, then holding it left again when it tells you to press left? You cleared it once I presume (unless the second go is uncensored in censored versions, which kind of makes sense being a machine rather than a person [even though said person was Randy]) but it's a spot I and at least one other person got stuck on because of shit instructions.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

FML.

Do you have the day 1 patch installed ? because my game kept crashing at the first time you do that sequence in the game without the patch too.

DarkKyo

FML.

That part gave me a lot of trouble, too. Took me about 10-13 tries to get it right. I still don't even fully understand it.

I have the patch installed. Just checked to make sure on Steam to see if it might of forgot to auto update by verifying the games cache.

Basically, I remember how to do it from in the clinic. I know how the game works. I got past the first two parts of it just fine but then I do the first part of the sucking part then after I get the prompt, the instruction prompt pops up for a split second, then it moves to the right and doesn't do anything else. I can even let go of the mouse and it won't do anything and it'll be stuck in the animation loop.

lt519

Just finished with all sidequests in about 15 hours. Sucks there are missable items, I was running around post game trying to find everything where the map told me there were treasures but I just ran into locked doors like Clyde's house.

Fantastic game otherwise: the attention to detail on every little piece of junk and setting was absolutely amazing as a fan of show. Gameplay was fun and the enemies/attacks were all funny.

Oddly enough I didn't use magic once through the game and died only on
Al Gore
and the
bacteria
. The farting mechanic was just not fun after a few goes. Leveling and equipment was also a little broken. The
katana you get at jimbos at the beginning of day 3
I used through the last third of the game and it made it a non-challenge. I also very rarely stayed from butters since my main was so OP.

Going to have to play it again on hard in a month or two get a fresh experience as a new class with a side kick.

Edit: also ran into some major graphics problems. The entire
gnome
section had disappearing characters and messed up scenes. Once I restarted the next day it was better.

Sounds like I'm complaining but the game was absolutely fantastic. Must play as a south park fan.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think they could have tweaked the weapon and armor balance a little more. Some stuff is clearly better than others, and it would have been good to have a little more variety.

Replicant

ieB7U7e.jpg

Yay, it finally came in!

Just got mine too from the US. Technically I can get this from Australia EB Games but I'm not buying a censored BS.

Fatass is so huge at 6". I'm kind of pissed off that Princessu Kenny doesn't get the 6" treatment. Now I have to buy all of them at 3" just so I can have the whole set.

Jonm1010

Banned
Alright so has anyone else had a glitch with the goth kids and trying to enter the school? I can't seem to get them to give me the key.

Pc version BTW

Alright so has anyone else had a glitch with the goth kids and trying to enter the school? I can't seem to get them to give me the key.

Pc version BTW

You need to have Jimmy in your party and use his power to open the handicap access. The door should be unlocked.

Hmm I admit I didn't use Kyle that much, but I found Butters to be much more effective than any of the other companions.

I used Butters 85% of the time as well. He complimented my Jew really well. Didn't wanna have two jews in my party obviously so I never used Kyle outside the final boss.

gribbles

Banned
Ok this sounds dumb but
how do i fart on kenny's balls in the final battle?I've watched a few youtube walkthrus and they all simply select the magic icon, then dragonshout, but i dont have that option for some reason

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
After Clyde de-friends you, is it possible to see if he was ever your friend? I'm 99% sure he was but I'd like to be certain.

Recall

The inconsistent tutorials for fart spells makes for a frustrating time. The tutorials show one thing and the actual execution differs greatly.

damidu

about 5-6 hours into the game.. good fun.

stutters terribly while entering a screen though. its getting quite annoying.
does exiting the game and restarting helps this somewhat (like skyrim) ?
its ps3 version btw.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ok this sounds dumb but
how do i fart on kenny's balls in the final battle?I've watched a few youtube walkthrus and they all simply select the magic icon, then dragonshout, but i dont have that option for some reason

You start the fight normally,
keep beating him until the end where Cartman grabs him, then simply select any of the fart options from the magic tab. Worked easy enough for me using the regular old Dragon Shout.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Started playing. Super awesome so far.

Am I right to assume graphics options are minimal?

Linius

Hmmm, I see it's getting dark outside. Assuming it's the end of the first day. And I haven't used a summon yet. Now I'm missing out :p

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Hmmm, I see it's getting dark outside. Assuming it's the end of the first day. And I haven't used a summon yet. Now I'm missing out :p

You've still got time...

At least I think. I used up my summons at that point in the first day so I don't know if the game will let you use them where you're about to be. Which is
on the spaceship.

Linius

You've still got time...

That's good to hear. Think I also have to do a few more side quests because I only have one summon yet. I read that it's possible to do the side quests for summons pretty early on in the game.

EDIT

I just defeated Jimmy the bard and now I have to return home according to my quest log.

_hekk05

Banned
Ok this sounds dumb but

Because you don't have mana I think

That's good to hear. Think I also have to do a few more side quests because I only have one summon yet. I read that it's possible to do the side quests for summons pretty early on in the game.

EDIT

I just defeated Jimmy the bard and now I have to return home according to my quest log.

You can get all the summons except
Mr Hankey, which requires alien probe (2nd day)
on the first day.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

EDIT

Do that see what happens then come back to this thread and you can freely read my spoiler in my last post.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not that I know of.

Ah, bugger. I'll just continue with the game under the assumption that I did talk to him. Cheers.

There are some settings tucked away in the game's config file. Enabling the DX11 renderer just caused the game to crash for me, although this was pre-patch.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I think your game is bugged the fuck out lol. Have you never used a fart attack in combat?

I'm on day 2, have a mana bar and I haven't. Well I have a mana bar with no mana and I haven't bothered using a mana potion. What's the benefit to using a fart attack in combat over my normal weapons and abilities?

_hekk05

Banned
I'm on day 2, have a mana bar and I haven't. Well I have a mana bar with no mana and I haven't bothered using a mana potion. What's the benefit to using a fart attack in combat over my normal weapons and abilities?

It does more damage when you fart attack (you click f when you use attack normally with your weapon). I think fat magic deals damage and explodes when the enemy is on fire (not tested.somebody test that for me). There's also a perk that allows you to counterattack with fart attacks too.

Maybe try eating a mana potion? See if that does anything for you

dandoolan

I'm so damn annoyed at the notion this game has missable collectables. Might be one of the most ridiculous design decisions a game can make.

I spent 15 hours going through the game meticulously to ensure I got everything in the first run through.

And I did....

Almost.

The guide I used summing up missable content did not mention that Sargent Yates side quest is only available during the zombie portion of the game. And now I've completed the game and I've got all Chimpokomon, All equipment, almost all the achievements in this single run through.

Except Sargent Yates.

So frustrating.

LiK

The amount of missable achievements is a bit bothersome especially with no NG+. The achievements also ruin the jokes if you look them up. I don't actually mind replaying for achievements cuz I wanna try the other classes. I don't mind rewatchable some scenes too. It's like watching a great episode on TV.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I think they nailed the length of this one. It feels more like an adventure game with combat most of the time and it's paced accordingly, I couldn't imagine 30-40 hours of this.

By the way, I've heard a lot of talk about the creators not having the best time making this, did they mention something like that in interviews? A series of these games would be nice but people keep mentioning they probably wouldn't be up for another one.

ElRenoRaven

I think they nailed the length of this one. It feels more like an adventure game with combat most of the time and it's paced accordingly, I couldn't imagine 30-40 hours of this.

By the way, I've heard a lot of talk about the creators not having the best time making this, did they mention something like that in interviews? A series of these games would be nice but people keep mentioning they probably wouldn't be up for another one.

I think it was they didn't realize how much work it was. They're proud of it but admit it was a lot more work then they thought it was. Also I do agree. Anything longer would have certainly dragged I think and the humor of South Park would have lost it's charm. South Park is best in small amounts.

Started my replay for achievements as the Fighter. I never see streamers or anyone playing as the fighter so I wanted to check it out. It's abilities are much more awesome than the jews.

LegoDad

Started my replay for achievements as the Fighter. I never see streamers or anyone playing as the fighter so I wanted to check it out. It's abilities are much more awesome than the jews.

I stream about 1 -2 hours at a time as the Fighter Class, even have it in the title. No one watches... :(

Durante

Why would there be graphics options beyond resolution? (I never thought I'd say this ;))

But seriously, the game looks exactly as it wants to. Its graphics are technically perfect.

rashbeep

Banned
Why would there be graphics options beyond resolution? (I never thought I'd say this ;))

But seriously, the game looks exactly as it wants to. Its graphics are technically perfect.

Basically. The game looks like an episode of South Park, no tweaking necessary.

I had the most fun with the fighter. He's plenty powerful but doesn't became so overpowered that the game loses any semblance of challenge. Well compared to the mage at least.

Vitor711

I'm still astounded at how such a bad looking game can look so incredible. It's amazing what they've done.

Fun game though, at least it is on Hard. Still kinda easy though although I've had a few near misses.

Top Bottom