• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

JonCha

I'm stuck on the
Randy Marsh section after the meeting where he's treating you a new move
and you have the push the sticks in opposite directions. Any advice? I push the left stick down once and then it keeps failing.

DedValve

Banned
So what are the abilities for each class? Or notable abilities

I played as Thief, the notable ones are

Backstab - Useful much later on in the game once you get a throwing item that can inflict bleeding and attack multiple enemies. Does massive damage and stacks bleeding.

Mug - Very useful early on against mobs as it disables a single opponent. Use speed potion to disable two opponents and give yourself some breathing room.

Assassinate or whatever the last one is - it just looks cool.

The others are pretty useless such as rotten eggs (hardly any enemies buff themselves and mug can steal buffs and inflict stun/damage).

Of course once you reach mid day 2 you pretty much don't use abilities outside large hordes/boss battles.

EDIT: @joncha - hold the left stick all the way to the left then wait, you'll get the notification to push the right stick up.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
i've been taking this slow. just finished the first day.

it's sooooo good
Yeah, same. I feel like for this game, it's necessary. I put off the main quest as much as I could so I could explore and do some sidequests. Well-worth it.

The game is really fun so far. Even if it's really easy, I think the combat is kinda neat since enemies have stances and you have to use different things to get past those stances... and which enemies you should probably eliminate first (support classes notwithstanding). Debuffs and buffs matter (and I found it more necessary to remove debuffs on myself since they actually seem to stack in some cases, which is neat). While it's easy to get past all of that, it's nice that there's some thought being put into the combat.

Customization is fun, and while it can make the game even easier due to the patches and strap-ons you can equip, it's still kinda nice they added that in.

Haven't encountered a lot of bugs so far, so I dunno. There was one where the battle started and the enemy speech subtitle appeared onscreen periodically.

JonCha

So what are the abilities for each class? Or notable abilities

I played as Thief, the notable ones are

Backstab - Useful much later on in the game once you get a throwing item that can inflict bleeding and attack multiple enemies. Does massive damage and stacks bleeding.

Mug - Very useful early on against mobs as it disables a single opponent. Use speed potion to disable two opponents and give yourself some breathing room.

Assassinate or whatever the last one is - it just looks cool.

The others are pretty useless such as rotten eggs (hardly any enemies buff themselves and mug can steal buffs and inflict stun/damage).

Of course once you reach mid day 2 you pretty much don't use abilities outside large hordes/boss battles.

EDIT: @joncha - hold the left stick all the way to the left then wait, you'll get the notification to push the right stick up.

To the left? Weird - the arrow points down. I'll try that. Thanks.

Nori Chan

I'm so damn annoyed at the notion this game has missable collectables. Might be one of the most ridiculous design decisions a game can make.

I spent 15 hours going through the game meticulously to ensure I got everything in the first run through.

And I did....

Almost.

The guide I used summing up missable content did not mention that Sargent Yates side quest is only available during the zombie portion of the game. And now I've completed the game and I've got all Chimpokomon, All equipment, almost all the achievements in this single run through.

Except Sargent Yates.

So frustrating.
I know that feel bro. I was at the school the second time when I found the basketball weapon. Then I realized I missed the dodgeball somehow. Which was weird since I loot literally everything. I had to start all over. I just finished the game and I don't think I'm missing anything as of now

In the story probably a little under half way but I assume you have done most of the sidequests or wandering around? You maybe have like 6 hours left

Yep, I've done every sidequest available to me at this point (
with the exception of the bacteria/Canada hunting quests
).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh shit! I don't know what to do. Should I
side with Cartman or Kyle? Don't spoil anything storywise for me, but does picking Cartman mean that for the next quest I'll have Cartman as a party member? Does choosing which character to side with essentially mean I'll get to use that character before the other? Also does siding with Cartman mean I won't be able to use Jimmy/Stan for a while?

Oh shit! I don't know what to do. Should I
side with Cartman or Kyle? Don't spoil anything storywise for me, but does picking Cartman mean that for the next quest I'll have Cartman as a party member? Does choosing which character to side with essentially mean I'll get to use that character before the other? Also does siding with Cartman mean I won't be able to use Jimmy/Stan for a while?

either way is awesome, remember that.

123rl

Just finished it. It's probably my favourite game in the last 12 months, just for the amount of laughter and entertainment I got from it in such a short amount of time

Jonm1010

Banned
I used Butters to heal the leader and then he gave me the key.

Really? What part of the game are you at?

Im at
the siege of the school. Right after you choose to align with either kyle/stan or cartman/butters. At first I chose Cartman/butters because they ae funnier to me but after I heal the goth kid near the faculty door an hand points to him but he doesn't give me the key even though he indicates he's going to. I tried to go back and choose stan/kyle and put Timmy in my group like Jest suggested but that did nothing either.

Im either missing something obvious or my game is broken :(

I really hope someone has a workaround for this. I keep trying different things but nothing.

erawsd

Im at
the siege of the school. Right after you choose to align with either kyle/stan or cartman/butters. At first I chose Cartman/butters because they ae funnier to me but after I heal the goth kid near the faculty door an hand points to him but he doesn't give me the key even though he indicates he's going to. I tried to go back and choose stan/kyle and put Timmy in my group like Jest suggested but that did nothing either.

I really hope someone has a workaround for this.

He doesn't give you the key, he unlocks the door after Butter's heals him. I think there are a few doors, make sure you're trying to enter through the first one on the left

Im at

I really hope someone has a workaround for this. I keep trying different things but nothing.

It sounds like a bug of some sort.
The hand that shows up is the indicator that you're supposed to use your Buddy Skill on the person or object. So if that's still there AFTER you heal him with Butters buddy skill, then something is definitely borked. ;/

I know this is probably a really dumb question, but if i buy a physical copy of this game at retail for PC, will i be able to redeem my CD Key on Steam?

It's just that i have vouchers for GAME.co.uk and it work out cheaper to buy the physical copy from them, but the game isn't on the list of retail CD keys that i can redeem on Steam.

I know this is probably a really dumb question, but if i buy a physical copy of this game at retail for PC, will i be able to redeem my CD Key on Steam?

It's just that i have vouchers for GAME.co.uk and it work out cheaper to buy the physical copy from them, but the game isn't on the list of retail CD keys that i can redeem on Steam.

You know, I'm not sure but the Amazon listing for the physical copies of the PC version don't say Steam Redeemable and I'm pretty sure they usually list it if it does. The Digital Copy of the PC version on Amazon, for example, says "Steam Account Required to Activate."

No Love

Banned

Yes. You can. I bought a physical copy and it activates/installs from the DVD via Steam. :) I'm probably the only person on GAF lame enough to go out to the store to get the physical copy...

After Clyde de-friends you, is it possible to see if he was ever your friend? I'm 99% sure he was but I'd like to be certain.

Check your message feed. You get a message from him after Cartman banishes him. I'm assuming you only get the message if he was your friend.

You know, I'm not sure but the Amazon listing for the physical copies of the PC version don't say Steam Redeemable and I'm pretty sure they usually list it if it does. The Digital Copy of the PC version on Amazon, for example, says "Steam Account Required to Activate."

That sucks. It's like 25% cheaper to get the physical copy than it is to buy direct from Steam. Saying that i could probably just get Steam Wallet vouchers.

Thanks!

That sucks. It's like 25% cheaper to get the physical copy than it is to buy direct from Steam. Saying that i could probably just get Steam Wallet vouchers.

Thanks!

Check the reply after mine! lol

Yes. You can. I bought a physical copy and it activates/installs from the DVD via Steam. :) I'm probably the only person on GAF lame enough to go out to the store to get the physical copy...

Since he ^^^ actually has it, he'd be the better source.

IJoel

Has anyone run into the loading bug
(right after beating Craig it just kept loading)
? The save file seems worthless as it keeps loading with nothing going on when I attempt to load it.

FTF

Damn, at the part where
after you recruit the goth kids you have to choose sides, and really torn. Want to stay with Cartman for butters and princess Kenny, but want to go with Stan and Kyle cause I'm pretty sure Cartman is full of shit like they say
. For those who have done this already, does it matter or change the game or story?

Damn, at the part where
after you recruit the goth kids you have to choose sides, and really torn. Want to stay with Cartman for butters and princess Kenny, but want to go with Stan and Kyle cause I'm pretty sure Cartman is full of shit like they say
. For those who have done this already, does it matter or change the game or story?

Not really.

Damn, at the part where
it only matters for the next mission.

rjinaz

Damn, at the part where

It matters only for the next somewhat short section of the game. Who you side with determines your partners and who you will fight against. After that, it doesn't matter. I chose to side with Kyle but I would guess both options are amusing. I enjoyed listening to Cartman be pissed at me personally.

MUnited83

For you.
omg lol.

How did you even pass
Canada? You need to fart apart a boulder to rescue the Minister of Montreal.
There are also several other points in the game where you need to use mana farts to clear obstacles.
Farts outside of battle do not use any mana.

Farts outside of battle do not use any mana.

Yeah, I spent nearly the entire game without any mana (basically used it all up at the beginning, saw it didn't refresh after every battle, and decided I didn't care) and I had no problems getting through the game until the spoiler-y image with no mana bar. That was literally the only other time I even used farts in a battle.

also I drank one of the big mana drinks because hey why not and then shat my pants. during a boss battle. which got me an achievement. awesome.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Check your message feed. You get a message from him after Cartman banishes him. I'm assuming you only get the message if he was your friend.

Ah, thanks, I'm about to load up the game now so I'll have a look.

Edit: Huzzah!
2014-03-12_000016nu1s.jpg

Karish

My brother keeps getting a freeze in the cut scene after you fight at the school.
The one where Craig is revealed as the third faction.
He's on 360. Anyone have any advice ?

I just finished the game. Amazing ride.

I was so grossed out / laughing hysterically at the adventures in Mr. Slave's ass. I mean, aside from that bird spirit boss being a total pain, it was equal parts nauseating and hilarious.

The
first part of the final boss has great, too. I love that Princess Kenny theme, and I wish they had kept it for the entirety of the battle. It was kind of annoying though how you essentially had to keep each party member alive so they'd use their special move or whatever. Good thing I stocked up on health items beforehand. Otherwise I would have been fucked.

I loved how it literally felt like a 15 hour long episode of South Park. I hope they do another one like this.

MarkusRJR

Is there any way to skip a turn? I was fighting against a guy who was riposting and my only option was to do a regular attack. Then he died from the damage I took. I must be missing something, because that would be the stupidest oversight I've seen in an RPG.

No Love

Banned
Is there any way to skip a turn? I was fighting against a guy who was riposting and my only option was to do a regular attack. Then he died from the damage I took. I must be missing something, because that would be the stupidest oversight I've seen in an RPG.

Nope. Stupid, right?

All you have to do is select a normal attack but don't press any buttons when your character approaches the enemy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sunk in four hours so far. Really fun game. Interesting how simplistic and borderline archaic a lot of the design is (especially quests), yet they're made interesting and fund due to the context and narrative, and overall self awareness of its design. Makes dumb fetch quests oddly enjoyable.

Not sure if I should bump the difficulty up from Normal to Hard. I'm still really early on, but this Mongorian bow is making fights pretty trivial.

mujun

I just finished this last night.

I enjoyed it for the most part but I started getting sick of it around the point where you are doing stuff for
the girls

I wasn't a fan of
working my way through Mr. Slaves butt
. I found it to be pretty gross.

Not something I'd go back to.

Log4Girlz

Sunk in four hours so far. Really fun game. Interesting how simplistic and borderline archaic a lot of the design is (especially quests), yet they're made interesting and fund due to the context and narrative, and overall self awareness of its design. Makes dumb fetch quests oddly enjoyable.

Not sure if I should bump the difficulty up from Normal to Hard. I'm still really early on, but this Mongorian bow is making fights pretty trivial.

Hard is slightly less trivial so why not :p

I used the Mongorian bow for probably half the game. The fights definitely get harder later on, but once you get that bow, it's smooth sailing until the halfway point.

Salsa

played hardcore all the way and there was barely any challenge, wasn't necessarely hoarding myself with the best stuff either

mongorian bow was definetly beast

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There's going to be DLC right?

Some scenes shown prior to release didn't end up in the final game, but I wouldn't expect them be resurface as DLC as they'd need narrative context. The game's script was also cut down here and there, however Parker's already said that the material won't be used as the basis for DLC; it'll most likely be incorporated into the show itself instead.

Top Bottom