• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Mondy

Banned
Why so late? Usually that means we'd have a real piece of shit on our hands but recent impressions seemed to all be overwhelmingly positive.

Considering that we really haven't had that many gameplay previews (this game has probably had the least public exposure over its development period that I've seen from any game), I would wager Matt and Trey are deadset on keeping spoilers under wraps until launch.

wait, i just realized...in that day one patch, it says the No Child Left Behind trophy will unlock regardless of requirements. What? I thought for sure that would be one of the hardest things in the game. Complete the entire game without ever finishing a fight with a downed party member.

wait, i just realized...in that day one patch, it says the No Child Left Behind trophy will unlock regardless of requirements. What? I thought for sure that would be one of the hardest things in the game. Complete the entire game without ever finishing a fight with a downed party member.
Where are the day one patch notes at?

TalonJH

I'm un decided on this one but I kind of wish it was coming to next gen as well or even Vita. Its not like I don't still have my PS3 or 360. I just for some reason really like playing RPGs on Vita now.

Mondy

Banned

I think what the patch notes are meant to say is that WITHOUT the patch, the trophy unlocks regardless of whether you've done it. However the patch fixes it.

That would make more sense than they just making it so you get the trophy for free. That would defeat the purpose of even having it there at all.

Mayyhem

Seems like its $85 for the Collectors edition on Futureshop (Canada) with a $20 gift card applied right away if you pre-order online, so $64.99

openworld

Neo Member
Do we have any information on the difficulty options? E.g. are they there from beginning?

(If it turn out to be a short game, I wouln't mind that much if it's quiet difficult - because I played some rpgs til now...)

I think what the patch notes are meant to say is that WITHOUT the patch, the trophy unlocks regardless of whether you've done it. However the patch fixes it.

That would make more sense than they just making it so you get the trophy for free. That would defeat the purpose of even having it there at all.

ohhh ok, yeah that makes more sense. I thought they were trying to add another layer of pun to No Child Left Behind..where u can do horrible and obtain it still lol. But yea, u are probably right....i will most likely play without the patch then

Fixed1979

Great OT.

As a huge SP fan I've been waiting for this game for a very long time. I have faith that Matt and Trey will deliver, hopefully Obsidian does as well.

Jibbed

No, it's a bug where it unlocks regardless of requirements. The day 1 patch will mean it works as intended.

Playing without the day 1 patch as some above have suggested would be idiotic.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the best price on this currently?

The PC version can be had for ~$42.70 from Nuuvem. You may need to have Google Translate on hand when registering an account (if you don't already have one) but beyond that, buying and checking out is rather easy thanks to the iconography.

No, it's a bug where it unlocks regardless of requirements. The day 1 patch will mean it works as intended.

Playing without the day 1 patch as some above have suggested would be idiotic.

not for trophy/achievement whores like me...it would be genius. I will at least try to delete the patch before I finish the game, playing most of it with the patch.

Mondy

Banned
not for trophy/achievement whores like me...it would be genius. I will at least try to delete the patch before I finish the game, playing most of it with the patch.

That is just nonsensical. The entire existence of trophies is the gratification of reminding you of the struggle you went through to earn it.

not for trophy/achievement whores like me...
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. ;-)

Honestly, I can't see how that trophy would be impossible to get on its own merits. Just don't finish a fight with any party members dead. I mean, how hard can that be?

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. ;-)

Honestly, I can't see how that trophy would be impossible to get on its own merits. Just don't finish a fight with any party members dead. I mean, how hard can that be?

it will be far from impossible, but there could be times where you might not have healing items or whatever. If someone goes down you would have to reload your game, not sure if that would negate it though....these are the kinds of things that I stress over while playing games, and I do not really like that I do it.

ViciousDS

Banned
it will be far from impossible, but there could be times where you might not have healing items or whatever. If someone goes down you would have to reload your game, not sure if that would negate it though....these are the kinds of things that I stress over while playing games, and I do not really like that I do it.

then play the games like they were back in the day? How hard is it to enjoy a game and ignore a trophy list honestly? Trophies and achievements didn't exist until the last 8 years.....how the hell did you survive playing games before?

then play the games like they were back in the day? How hard is it to enjoy a game and ignore a trophy list honestly? Trophies and achievements didn't exist until the last 8 years.....how the hell did you survive playing games before?

I didnt really start playing games hardcore until the 360. I just watched my brothers play before that, and i didnt really care. But now, this topic is getting derailed lol

ViciousDS

Banned
I didnt really start playing games hardcore until the 360. I just watched my brothers play before that, and i didnt really care. But now, this topic is getting derailed lol

lol, well then you answered my question perfectly and back to the topic!

So what class is everyone picking then? I'm pretty sure with what I've seen I am going to eventually go all 4 routes eventually because the game looks like its going to suck my life for months to come.

But starting off, I think I'm going to go the basic fighter route, than jew, than mage and finally thief last.

Dr.Acula

Banned
It was ceaseless threadshitting.

---

Really looking forward to this game.

He wasn't all that obnoxious about it though. People express differing opinions all the time, but for whatever reason posters tended to latch on to Derrick. It's not different than "Amirox sucks" on youtube, or "paging Devo" in threads about gender, or when someone gets banned and everyone starts posting photos of Bish (even though bans don't cite the banner he's just one of a dozen mods).

edit: fuck all these deals, 20% off gamefly, Grand Wizard ed. for regular price etc. I just preordered off Steam like a sucka!

lol, well then you answered my question perfectly and back to the topic!

So what class is everyone picking then? I'm pretty sure with what I've seen I am going to eventually go all 4 routes eventually because the game looks like its going to suck my life for months to come.

But starting off, I think I'm going to go the basic fighter route, than jew, than mage and finally thief last.

Just like in real life, I will be a Jew...

Dub117

Does anyone know which classes will be better at what yet? And I'm guessing the Jew class has exclusive jokes? I want to go Jew from what I've seen but not sure yet

erawsd

Does anyone know which classes will be better at what yet? And I'm guessing the Jew class has exclusive jokes? I want to go Jew from what I've seen but not sure yet

They updated the site yesterday with a quick description of each class. Avoid the "buddies" tab if you don't want to spoil who will get to join your party.

CREATE YOUR NEW KID AND JOIN THE TEAM

I think Thief is the only class we've never seen in action.

Top Bottom