• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Mask

It's not my first time, I'm on the third day and the basement is unlocked for me. The problem that I am having is that I can't leave the school, at all (already defeated the mutant bacteria)

Go back to the hallway with cables hanging out of the vent. There's a big barricade to the right of the cables that you can walk up, use the Alien Probe on the alien device in the vent, and it'll let you teleport into the vents again, then just use the same Probe point again, and it'll let you teleport to the other side of the barricade, and you can exit out the back of the school again.

"Attack The School"? Yes, I have. I am on the third day and I'm at the point where I just recruited the girls, so I would think I should be able to enter and leave the school, but I can't and it would be nice to complete the Jumbo side quest

From the boiler room, head all the way to your left, go up the stairs and then out through the cafeteria. I don't recall being required to climb any cables and I've played through the entire game 3 times.

Cheddahz

Banned
Go back to the hallway with cables hanging out of the vent. There's a big barricade to the right of the cables that you can walk up, use the Alien Probe on the alien device in the vent, and it'll let you teleport into the vents again, then just use the same Probe point again, and it'll let you teleport to the other side of the barricade, and you can exit out the back of the school again.

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly for me!

Yea it's the one fault with that area. After that you have to backtrack to get out of the school. It can be annoying and time consuming.

Not only that, but because the rest of the school is locked off
you can't get a Chinpokomon after you complete the second-day cafeteria battle. Which means I will forever have 29/30 Chinpokomon on my first playthrough character. grrrr.

erawsd

I'm sure it will have some kind of effect. Whether or not more DLC comes now will probably be decided based on a number of things like the contract Ubi signed into, the cost to profit ratio and Matt and Trey's willingness to make DLC after having gone through the experience of making the main game in addition to their already hectic schedule.

So.. anyone's guess really as to whether or not it'll still happen.

Yeah. My thought is that because the DLC option is there in the menu, at the least, its something they are going to discuss. The fact that we haven't heard anything about it is probably not a good sign but who knows.

can someone clue me into the most difficult way to play. I have started run 2 and am killing it on hardcore....playing as thief first run, and Mage currently.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah combat is really starting to feel shitty. Enemies don't even get a chance to attack now. Feels pretty poorly designed actually. The game feels like an episode of the show and has fanservice out the ass so that automatically makes the game amazing, but the gameplay feels pretty poor when you get so ridiculously overpowered.

Wasp

The double attack potion makes combat an absolute joke
Yep I killed
Al Gore
without him using a single attack on me. Although his personnel took a bit longer to dispatch after he was defeated.

I think the hardest enemies in the game are the wolves in the Lost Woods. Maybe I was just under-levelled when I was fighting them but I was getting nowhere with them due to their Howl at the Moon ability where they can call in another wolf. I was getting really frustrated with that, they kept doing it over and over and over and over and over and over...

CrazyDude

Yeah. My thought is that because the DLC option is there in the menu, at the least, its something they are going to discuss. The fact that we haven't heard anything about it is probably not a good sign but who knows.

It was a month after release before they announced New Vegas dlc.

Colocho

Banned
Is it possible to win the battle outside the coffee shop where they ask you if you wanna fight them or just go with them? I was doing well until I fucked up and lost, but I feel if I'd done things right I would've won. Do they take you in regardless what happens?

JustinBB7

Is it possible to win the battle outside the coffee shop where they ask you if you wanna fight them or just go with them? I was doing well until I fucked up and lost, but I feel if I'd done things right I would've won. Do they take you in regardless what happens?

I won but they just took me anyway, so second time I played the game I just went along lol.

Yup. I went all out and beat em and still get taken.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

You can win.

I just finished my 2nd, 100% run, and man, still really funny. I wish there was some more challenge to the combat, even on Hardcore, but still, i loved every minute of it, and i really hope we do see some DLC at some point. I know Matt and Trey seem to be against it initially, but if they see the outpouring of support for it from the fans, maybe they might be willing to?

Megasoum

Banned
So what is that missable quest again? I'm afraid I might have missed it.

I remember somebody mentionning going to the police station before the invasion. I just went there now right after the invasion and got a quest to kill nazi zombies...is that it or did I miss it?

DukeBobby

I remember somebody mentionning going to the police station before the invasion. I just went there now right after the invasion and got a quest to kill nazi zombies...is that it or did I miss it?

That's it.

Vargas

That is it. Stupid slow computer...

This game has quite a few missable trophies.

Been playing this a bunch today and am now on the third day. Wow, and here I was thinking this game would basically play it straight with the whole fantasy/RPG tropes and kids playing dress up and that's it.

Then you get to moments
where you're shrunk down and fighting an underpants gnome underneath your parents having sex or nazi zombie fetuses.

This game is amazing.

Ooccoo

I must suck because I had to use something like 20 potions for the last boss fight.

Also,
Morgan Freeman appearing out of nowhere had me laugh out loud! That was amazing

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't include
Dr. Alphonse Mephesto and his laboratory. I feel it would have been great.

Also, preview media showed several places that are NOT in the game which pissed me off a bit.
Cemetery anyone? Also Giant Clyde etc.

elfinke

I mentioned elsewhere that this game went from 'looks interesting' to 'bought!' in the space of one or two reviews and videos (both GB based).

And I finished it last night, some ~15 hours time playthrough, on PC with the censored Australian version.

I haven't watched South Park since high school, which is well over a decade ago, with the exception of tuning in for those episodes which transcended their TV spots (WoW episode, for example). So I'm sure there is a lot to love about this game that was lost on me - like the items in every boys' closet, for example.

In any event, by god did I ever enjoy this! Just a fantastic, fantastic game, censoring and all. Having watched those scene since completing the game, it is a great shame that our censor board couldn't see sense and allow them through, especially (as others rightly point out) as there are many other scenes or areas that are just as affronting.

Hugely funny, great SNES-Super Mario RPG style gameplay, it's stunning to look at and in places, a beauty to listen to, too. Even the ambient tune that plays while walking around town is great. The entire Canada section was fucking great.

Well done to Obsidian, you remain one of my favourite devs - if not my favourite - going around. And well done and thanks to everyone else who had a hand in making this game and making it a thing.

So that's JazzPunk (which was equally wonderful, also) and this completed in the space of a few days: the rest of the year has a hell of a lot to live up to! Though with the impending release of Dark Souls II, I can balance all the recent laughing with something else, I guess!

Just received my uncensored copy from Canada(I'm Australia). Looking forward to giving this a go. Might watch the Black Friday Trilogy first though...

aparisi2274

Need some help...

So I am pretty much at the end of the game, just going through some side mission stuff, and I am trying to track down all the chinpokomon, and one of the ones I am missing is
Beetlebot

Now according to some sites, the location is listed as the
map room on the alien ship
. So, what happens if
the ship has already crashed... can you still get into it?
Or am I screwed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have 26/30 and I really want to get all of them.

Need some help...

So I am pretty much at the end of the game, just going through some side mission stuff, and I am trying to track down all the chinpokomon, and one of the ones I am missing is
Beetlebot

. So, what happens if
Or am I screwed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have 26/30 and I really want to get all of them.

You're screwed. I had to start over for that same one. Gotta catch em all!

Hatchtag

Banned
Need some help...

Beetlebot

. So, what happens if
Or am I screwed?

You're screwed. Sorry, bud. I missed it too, ended with 29/30.

The_Dude

Need some help...

Beetlebot

. So, what happens if
Or am I screwed?

I asked the same thing yesterday - you're screwed. I had 29/30 when I found out :(

Damn, too slow. Oh well, third time's the charm!

Juice

I'm not muchof a South Park fan but I'm loving this. Feels like the natural offspring of that semi-decent Simpsons PC game from the late 90s and Super Mario RPG.

Super well made.

krae_man

Okay that was weird. I Finished day 2 and up until this point I've never broken up those large groups of rats that block paths on the outskirts of town. I finally went out there and after being out there for a few minutes, my parents came and grounded me. Wait what?

Hatchtag

Banned
Missable locations spoilers (pretty much spoils the entire game):
Why are they even missable? None of them would be hard to re-intigrate into the game. I mean,
Mr. Slave's Ass-Mr. Slave's House
UFO-South Park Mall
Clyde's Fortress-Clyde's House
Underpants Gnomes Area-Your room. (why'd they even block it off?)

Top Bottom