• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Well hot damn! I just got a review code for PC!

qop9wYG.gif

Awesome!!! Are you allowed to tell us the length of the game or anything like that before the 4th?

Edit: I see you can't upload anything so you probably can't do what I asked either :/

To be honest, the email they sent me was very basic. Just mentioned a "global review embargo". So as far as I know I can give impressions and such. Unless someone otherwise tells me not to.

Moofers

To be honest, the email they sent me was very basic. Just mentioned a "global review embargo". So as far as I know I can give impressions and such. Unless someone otherwise tells me not to.
Omg doit.gif so hard!

How far in are you?
Does Randy play a big part?
Can you go anywhere and explore anyone's house?
Mr Slave?
Chef?
Mr Garrison?
Good times with weapons references?

We gotta know these things!

I literally just got the code and am still at work for a bit. I will dive in tonight and post some non spoilerish thoughts later :p but of course will have to save my video review for that date!

-MD-

I'm only interesting in hearing how long the game lasts at this point. Main story, side quests and overall.

This game will be amazing. Matt and Trey almost never half-ass any of their side projects, especially when it's their first venture into a medium, and contrary to what sensationalist-GAF has said in the past, I saw the multiple delays as a positive thing.

Milennia

Just saw a commercial on comedy central saying theres going to be an event of some sort on the channel leading up to launch as well as live tweets.

Funny that it aired during the lord of the rings episode (the first episode they dress up as wizards etc.).

I'm SO excited for this game! I've always looked forward to it over the past couple of years, but the reality is setting in now that it's so close - in a matter of days, I get to explore South Park!! I get to live in the world, interact with characters I've been watching for years, and be part of an interactive South Park story. Amazing!

Vamphuntr

I was hoping you'd post again with

but it never came...

and where is this $40 game coming from?

Futureshop had that CE for that price for a little while. At first they had the CE for the same price of the regular edition as a promotion. Then it glitched for a while where they tried to have it at full price (84.99$) but gives a 20$ gift card with it but instead took 20$ off the promotional price of 64.99$ bringing the game down to 44.99$.

I know Ubi games collapse in price quickly but this must be a record. They are already giving out a 20$ gift card with the game and it's not even out.

I literally just got the code and am still at work for a bit. I will dive in tonight and post some non spoilerish thoughts later :p but of course will have to save my video review for that date!

Eh, I wouldn't chance it if I were you. I got the same email you did and while it doesn't strictly say not to talk about anything, it does kinda imply not to.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I really want this game to do well, it seems to have a huge amount of work and passion gone into it and would love to see it score well

The press seemed to really like what they played, which was like two hours I think so it looks like it will score well.

so are there any deals in NA to get this game for less than 60? March is going to be insane for releases, want to save as much as possible

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
so are there any deals in NA to get this game for less than 60? March is going to be insane for releases, want to save as much as possible

I was able to pick up a steam key for just over $20 from a member of GAF. Just keep your eyes on the buy/sell/trade area.

Milennia

Pretty sure he(or she) is referencing the joke Matt and Trey made in the making of video.
hate it when things need to be explained :/
(He btw :p)

I believe there are a couple of PC deals floating around but nothing at all for consoles, i searched high and low.
Not even so much as 10$ off.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I thought Ubisoft region locked the Russian version so all those 20 deals went away like a week ago?

I have no idea where they came from or if they are still going. But I was able to claim my code on steam. (this was a few weeks back)

Top Bottom