• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

I know there were some keys going around a couple of weeks ago, but are there any more keys that someone would be willing to sell me for around $30?

all the cheap keys are now region locked. People that didn't redeem them and add the game to their library before the lock was put in place have their gifted keys region locked as well fyi (if the keys came from Russia).

Eusis

I'm guessing Derrick complained about the attention he got in the OT?
It's probably like I said before, I would think it's just not in good taste to name the topic that way, nevermind that Derrick conversation derailed the thread from what I saw earlier. Now there's a million and one new topic suggestions, but at least that's sort of killing time until the game hits.

C4Lukins

I am really curious to see how the gaming media is going to treat this game. They tend to be more aggressively on the political correct side of things. Of course they love GTA so maybe the satirical nature of the show and game will win them over assuming the game itself is actually good. The Family Guy game, I hate that show, sure got murdered in the reviews for not only being a bad game but for using stereotypes and for just generally being offensive. We also saw a lot of backlash with Penny Arcade and the whole raping by the dick wolves incident. Something like that I assume is just going to be commonplace with this game. It will be interesting to see, because I doubt everyone reviewing it is a big South Park fan unlike most of the people who will be purchasing it.

antitrop

I am really curious to see how the gaming media is going to treat this game. They tend to be more aggressively on the political correct side of things. Of course they love GTA so maybe the satirical nature of the show and game will win them over assuming the game itself is actually good. The Family Guy game, I hate that show, sure got murdered in the reviews for not only being a bad game but for using stereotypes and for just generally being offensive. We also saw a lot of backlash with Penny Arcade and the whole raping by the dick wolves incident. Something like that I assume is just going to be commonplace with this game. It will be interesting to see, because I doubt everyone reviewing it is a big South Park fan unlike most of the people who will be purchasing it.
Oh there are definitely a few reviewers that will have their delicate sensibilities shattered. At least that much I would expect from Matt and Trey.

does anyone know if u are able to explore more and do sidequests after the main story is over? or do sidequests eventually go away if u dont do them.

Is there a game completion state anywhere like in your save file?

Are you exploring much or just going through the main quest?

No progression, just time, but even that seems a bit off. Steam says 3.9 hours and game only says 2 so I'm guessing perhaps cutscenes are not counted? As for exploring much. Yes. Def, all over the town. Done quite a few side quests. Some I can't figure out how to progress so guessing I have to wait till later.

Grief.exe

man, why do you all have copies already, almost a week before release date T___T

Here I am stuck with Thief to kill the time =(

Many of us got them cheap from our Ruskie brothers before the loophole was closed.

I hear Adam Sessler won't be reviewing this for Rev3. I wonder why.

I'm starting to get tired of Rev3.

Just their general taste in games, their complete ignorance to the PC market, their complete ignorance to classic games, and whenever Adam goes on a morality rant I just roll my eyes.

FrankWza

No progression, just time, but even that seems a bit off. Steam says 3.9 hours and game only says 2 so I'm guessing perhaps cutscenes are not counted? As for exploring much. Yes. Def, all over the town. Done quite a few side quests. Some I can't figure out how to progress so guessing I have to wait till later.

Ok cool. Thanks.

Many of us got them cheap from our Ruskie brothers before the loophole was closed.

I'm starting to get tired of Rev3.

Just their general taste in games, their complete ignorance to the PC market, their complete ignorance to classic games, and whenever Adam goes on a morality rant I just roll my eyes.

yup, I'm pretty much done with Rev3 as well

What I'm curious about is the (possibility of) games media that think that writing an article and complaining loudly will do anything to change the game.

If Trey and Matt can get death threats and possibly have a fatwa put on them for showing Muhammad and STILL refuse to budge games media has a snowball's chance.

Teletraan1

Banned
Looks like we got a couple of chemical weapons dealers in this thread.

I am so stoked for this game. More than just about any other release in the last few years. This publisher limbo and lead up to release has been painful but its so close.

This looks like a legitimate game of the year contender for me. It's a genuinely good looking rpg and it's so authentic and faithful to the actual show. It's funny as hell, you're constantly excited at some of the references to both popular characters as well as some of the most memorable episodes. I have a constant smile on my face as I'm watching footage of this game. It looks entertaining in all ways that a game should be entertaining and there's so much careful attention to detail. There's lots of really nice touches that you can't help but appreciate about the game so far. I almost still can't believe this game actually became a reality, but it's real, it looks awesome, and it's right around the corner.

I'm curious how much time you could spend exploring in this game while still discovering new content. Obviously South Park the town isn't going to be Fallout South Park in terms of world size and exploration (and I don't want it to be), but nonetheless curious just how "big" it's going to feel. Hoping for at least a few hours of open exploration.

-MD-

Completed the game, still got loads of side quests only did a few and mainly stuck with the main quest but I'd guess around 16-18 hours I've played. I'll check later on.

What difficulty did you play on? Is there stuff you can miss that would serve a 2nd playthrough?

Find out how many additional hours the sidequests offer for us =p

I'm curious how much time you could spend exploring in this game while still discovering new content. Obviously South Park the town isn't going to be Fallout South Park in terms of world size and exploration (and I don't want it to be), but nonetheless curious just how "big" it's going to feel. Hoping for at least a few hours of open exploration.

Very curious about this aspect as well.

Denzar

Any confirmation if these system reqs are accurate?

Recommended:

CPU: Core i5-750 Quad 2.66GHz - Athlon II X4 645
GPU: GeForce GTX 260 -Radeon HD 4870
RAM: 2 GB
DX: DX 10
HDD: 6 GB

Minimum:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6GHz - Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+
GPU: GeForce 9800 GT - Radeon HD 3870
RAM: 1.5 GB
DX: DX 9
HDD: 6 GB

These are the requirements found on Steam

Minimum:
OS: WindowsXP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2180 @ 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ @ 2.0 GHz
Memory: 2 GB GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD2600XT (512MB VRAM with Shader Model 4.0 or higher)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

Recommended:
OS: WindowsXP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core2Duo E4400 @ 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ @ 2.3 GHz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 9800GT or AMD Radeon HD4870 (512MB VRAM with Shader Model 4.0) or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
man, why do you all have copies already, almost a week before release date T___T

Here I am stuck with Thief to kill the time =(

Yeah, but did you see that day 1 patch fix-list ?

If you're playing South Park before it's release date ..

you're gonna have a baaaaaaaaaad time.

Ghekkus

Any of those review copies you all have for consoles? How does it hold up compared to the PC version visually/performance wise?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Yeah, but did you see that day 1 patch fix-list ?

If you're playing South Park before it's release date ..

you're gonna have a baaaaaaaaaad time.

im looking at the fix list and i dont see anything that stands out. Are you referring to the incorrect spelling of joystick in Spanish?

edit:

Heres a link to the post with the review guide that has the patch notes. Looks like standard stuff to me. Nothing in it stands out as having a "baaaaaaaaad time" if it wasnt fixed asap.

-GJ-

Any of those review copies you all have for consoles? How does it hold up compared to the PC version visually/performance wise?

I've got 7 hours in the Xbox 360 version so far. It looks exactly the same as everything we've seen. I can't go into detail yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer footage was captured from a console version. We already know from the IGN video(?) that the textures are intentionally bad (like they are in the show), so I don't think it would make a lot of difference on what platform you'd play it on.

This is one of my concerns seeing as I have seen most the town already and I'm early in. Granted there are a lot of ways to go off screen at certain ends of the map I can't go because of rats blocking the way. So guessing those clear up and lead to different areas. Only time will tell.

Top Bottom