• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Korezo

Rayman legends is 1080p 60 fps on last gen and next gen/ pc. I hope it's the same case with this game since graphics look similar.

Its the PERFECT art style.

Stays true to the show and isnt demanding in the slightest.
They could loterally release a sequel with the EXACT same assets amd be just fine.

It is one of the strangest things to see it in motion with the controller prompts and UI overlay. It looks flawlessly like a real time episode of south park. It still seems like trickery to me when I watch videos, like it is just all one pre-recorded video of the actual show. I really hope this gets some good DLC.... assuming it turns out half as good as it seems.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I was convinced that Diablo3 be the last PS3 game I would buy. I am really thinking about picking this up in April when I have a week off of work. It looks great and is just long enough for me to finish in that week off. If there is a decent sale on the game don't think I can resist.

Its the PERFECT art style.

Stays true to the show and isnt demanding in the slightest.
They could loterally release a sequel with the EXACT same assets amd be just fine.

I'm loving the amount of customization options that I've seen from the gameplay footage so far. It seems that almost every change to your character's equipment directly impacts your appearance in game, and it's present both in and out of battle. I doubt this, but it would be especially cool if, say, wearing a gas mask somehow prevented you from being gassed in battle, like it wasn't just for show, but it had a genuine combat impact. Or combining Jesus's robe and a halo over your character's head somehow granted you an automatic resurrection with full HP and PP (*snicker*) after getting defeated once in battle. That kind of stuff would be just crazy and the kind of stuff they could look into if this ever sees a sequel.

Grief.exe

Anyone have any idea how long this game is ?

From people who have been reviewing the game and posting in this thread, it looks to be 18-20+ hours for main quest alone. Side quests are extremely numerous.

Impressions have been extremely positive, but they cannot reveal too much due to embargo.

For the GMG code I posted, I think it maybe tied to my email/gmg account. Sign up for the newsletter, you may get your own code. Either that or someone already used it and it was 1 use, no idea

I'm loving the amount of customization options that I've seen from the gameplay footage so far. It seems that almost every change to your character's equipment directly impacts your appearance in game, and it's present both in and out of battle. I doubt this, but it would be especially cool if, say, wearing a gas mask somehow prevented you from being gassed in battle, like it wasn't just for show, but it had a genuine combat impact. Or combining Jesus's robe and a halo over your character's head somehow granted you an automatic resurrection with full HP and PP (*snicker*) after getting defeated once in battle. That kind of stuff would be just crazy and the kind of stuff they could look into if this ever sees a sequel.

Your getting pretty dam warm there buddy! ;)

Dario ff

Banned
20 hours for the main story seems completely fine given the quality of the content. I just beat Paper Mario: TTYD and it took me about 27 hours (with time to beat the 100 pit of trials as well!), and it has quite a lot of tedious backtracking in some of its chapters. If the pace of this thing is as quick as the show, that's quite a lot more of content to voice-act and write.

Your getting pretty dam warm there buddy! ;)

post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-T-pVbd.gif

I haven't watched South Park in years but I'm really excited for this. I hope it opens the door for other RPGs to do something a little different.

Exactly!!!!

The wait until Tuesday is going to be absolutely brutal. However, i have nothing happening that day, so that will be my entire day and night, dammit.

The impressions are just making things worse man.

Grief.exe

I didn't know that. It gets better and better. I (have to) believe, that it's going to be great. I mean; Obsidian.

Also, an Obsidian given the time they need to complete and polish a product. Not forced to push it out due to publisher demands (See: FO:NV, KOTOR2).

Darklord

Banned
Still not sure if I want to import the UK PC version or just suck it up and buy the Australian censored version. I don't want to wait a week plus to import it. :(

Top Bottom