• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Geedorah

it won't run without steam

i wonder how they got out of the Steam ---> UPlay launcher clusterfuck that is every other modern ubi game?

Even the copy they are selling on uPlay itself? 'cause that is the main thing keeping me from just jumping on it - I want the 'extra' 3 classes, but I want it in my Steam library even more.

Grief.exe

Even the copy they are selling on uPlay itself? 'cause that is the main thing keeping me from just jumping on it - I want the 'extra' 3 classes, but I want it in my Steam library even more.

Uplay games that happen to be Steamworks have activated on Steam in the past.

ThisOne

Very interested to see how this does in the NPDs. Is South Park still a big draw for people? I've kind of grown tired of the show but the game does look fun (and funny). May pick it up when it drops in price some.

Sublyminal

Neo Member
With how reviews are nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Is it just me or does anyone else not give two fucks what a reviewer thinks of games anymore? I honestly wish that I could be paid to give my opinion on games, like all of these reviewers are doing.

Is it just me or does anyone else not give two fucks what a reviewer thinks of games anymore? I honestly wish that I could be paid to give my opinion on games, like all of these reviewers are doing.

Yeah I've completely stopped caring. Reviewers are just random underqualified writers that could have their jobs done (and done better) by 75% of GAF. I know i'll enjoy this game regardless of reviews, but I hope for the sake of sales it does alright review-wise.

Grief.exe

Wasn't that for the Europe version? I thought they were separately edited and they were forced to in Australia to keep the R18+ rating. I might be mistaken.

We need sources!

w6WuXPu.png

From people who have been reviewing the game and posting in this thread, it looks to be 18-20+ hours for main quest alone. Side quests are extremely numerous.

Impressions have been extremely positive, but they cannot reveal too much due to embargo.

Unless I've missed something, I don't think that's quite right. The only person I've seen provide a concrete estimate said 16-18 hours, and that included 3 side quests. That was also only an estimate. Who knows, could be even more but my guess is closer to 15 hours for the main quest alone.

Just came back from reserving a copy for PS3. I would have got it for PC, but the trophies looked like they'll be fun to get. Yeah, I'm one of those people that enjoy getting trophies.

I just hope the PS3 version is stable.

Got a message today from Ubi saying a review copy of the game is on it's way! Why aren't publishers sending out nothing but download codes? I know I would want a physical copy in a few years, but now I just want to play it.

IMACOMPUTA

I bought this game from a guy on reddit for $20. He gave me it as a steam trade.
The game was region free and I just kept it in my inventory.
Well yesterday I looked and it says it's only redeemable in Russia and stuff.
:(
Valve changed it or something.
What can I do?

Tl;dr anyone near Eastern Europe wanna buy south park stick of truth for $20 usd

I bought this game from a guy on reddit for $20. He gave me it as a steam trade.
What can I do?

Tl;dr anyone near Eastern Europe wanna buy south park stick of truth for $20 usd

yup, last week (i think) Ubi regionlocked the game in Russia, if you didn't add the game to your library before then you got screwed

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
What can I do?

sorry bruh

with the aggressive region locking recently i didn't let it sit in my inventory for 1 minute

you are probably gonna have to take this one on the chin

Nabs

What can I do?

You're not supposed to sit on those...

Echoplx

Every article I've come across assumes it's the same for Australia but the Ubisoft statement doesn't imply that. It's basically worded as "The EU version is censored but consoles only. Australian version is also censored.".

The AU store page on Steam does say it's a "Low Violence Version"

SHEF

Just in case people were curious- VGP have tested the US 360 version, and unlike almost every other Ubisoft published 360 game, it is not region free.

Nooooooooooo... I wonder if there is any possibility the games on demand version might be ok and the censorship is just limited to physical copies; grasping at straws here!

Almighty

You guys would make terrible reviewers. Everyone know you are only supposed to give those who paid you a ten and everyone else a five at best. Look at you handing out tens for free like suckers.

Top Bottom